No Name-Calling Challenge!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: No Name-Calling Challenge!

Name calling is just the tip of the iceberg on this board.  The real issue is people trying to prop themselves up by trying to make others look bad.  Comments like 'you know nothing', or "stupid thread" and the like, are not name calling, but are just as bad, or worse.  They reveal a complete lack of awareness of others as well as show a complete self-absorbtion attitude that causes all the friction and distain that this board generates.  I think a more appropriate contest would be:

"Who wants to agree to the following?" -

"I'll respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it."

"I won't try to minimize what you're posting by making veiled slams against your thinking."

"I'll have a meaningful discussion with you as long as you want.  Once you cave in to abusive behavior, I'll retreat without following you.  You'll know that you have taken the low road by my silence."

"I promise not to try to make myself look good by trying to make you look bad or stupid."

"I'll refrain from calling you a troll."

"I'm going to like you even if you don't like me. After all, we all like football"

"I'll bury the hatchet as of now with any of you that I've offended or with any of you that I have taken offense."

If you can agree with the above, then we'll see a remarkable improvement on this board.

I'll agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Does anyone remember how great this board was for like a week or so when Babe quit and Rusty got banned for like the 15th time? It was the best it's ever been.

And here we are with a stupid thread about these two morons, and whether they can play nice or not.....could it seriously get anymore ridiculous?

The two of you ruin more threads than everyone put together bar none!! You are both complete d-o-u-c-h-e-b-a-g-s!! Oooops....I lost.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again Babe flexes his virtual manly muscles from the safety of the internet.

But hey since he knows nothing about football beyond his man love of Brady insults is all he has.

It takes a real tough guy to call someone a queen over the internet. I get the feeling Rusty would wipe the floor with the Baby in person

[/QUOTE]

Please go back to your other message board, toolchest. Oops, guess I'm out of the challenge Wink

[/QUOTE]

Yup I'll do exactly what you and your girlfriend babe want because you two intimidate me so much. Aw isn't it a shame when someone invades your sad little internet kingdom

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Once again Babe flexes his virtual manly muscles from the safety of the internet.

But hey since he knows nothing about football beyond his man love of Brady insults is all he has.

It takes a real tough guy to call someone a queen over the internet. I get the feeling Rusty would wipe the floor with the Baby in person

[/QUOTE]

Please go back to your other message board, toolchest. Oops, guess I'm out of the challenge Wink

[/QUOTE]

I put him on ignore. I just flushed something more interesting than him this morning.

[/QUOTE]

Poor babew just can't take it either when someone invades his private little kingdom

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone remember how great this board was for like a week or so when Babe quit and Rusty got banned for like the 15th time? It was the best it's ever been.

And here we are with a stupid thread about these two morons, and whether they can play nice or not.....could it seriously get anymore ridiculous?

The two of you ruin more threads than everyone put together bar none!! You are both complete d-o-u-c-h-e-b-a-g-s!! Oooops....I lost.

[/QUOTE]

If you want to discuss football you should do it on the official Pats board on the Pats website. That's where football is discussed. This board is just babe and the other children's play pen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Astonishing that this thread went south almost immediately after initial posting - absolutely astonishing.

[/QUOTE]

What went south? I haven't seen any "name-calling" by me toward anybody, except Meadow. She broke the pact.

[/QUOTE]

Ya see, that's the problem with you youngsters - you get defensive over everything.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Oh wait - did I just violate the prime directive??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I put him on ignore. I just flushed something more interesting than him this morning.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect internet tough guy post. You'd cry and run begfore you ever said that to someone's face

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh wait - did I just violate the prime directive??

[/QUOTE]

What is the prime directive here? I've always had the impression that it was to agree with everything Babe says no matter how stupid.

After all this is his board isbn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Yup I'll do exactly what you and your girlfriend babe want because you two intimidate me so much. Aw isn't it a shame when someone invades your sad little internet kingdom

[/QUOTE]

No, I can't take it when someone comes here saying its pathetic and juvenile while talking up the biggest jackazz in the history of this website. Its pretty curious to say the least.

Last response you'll get from me glen, enjoy your other message board!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Astonishing that this thread went south almost immediately after initial posting - absolutely astonishing.

[/QUOTE]

What went south? I haven't seen any "name-calling" by me toward anybody, except Meadow. She broke the pact.

[/QUOTE]

Ya see, that's the problem with you youngsters - you get defensive over everything.  

[/QUOTE]

That's because "the man" been keepin' us down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Name calling is just the tip of the iceberg on this board.  The real issue is people trying to prop themselves up by trying to make others look bad.  Comments like 'you know nothing', or "stupid thread" and the like, are not name calling, but are just as bad, or worse.  They reveal a complete lack of awareness of others as well as show a complete self-absorbtion attitude that causes all the friction and distain that this board generates.  I think a more appropriate contest would be:

"I won't try to minimize what you're posting by making veiled slams against your thinking."

"I'll have a meaningful discussion with you as long as you want.  Once you cave in to abusive behavior, I'll retreat without following you.  You'll know that you have taken the low road by my silence."

"I promise not to try to make myself look good by trying to make you look bad or stupid."

"I'm going to like you even if you don't like me. After all, we all like football"

"I'll bury the hatchet as of now with any of you that I've offended or with any of you that I have taken offense."

If you can agree with the above, then we'll see a remarkable improvement on this board.

I'll agree.

[/QUOTE]

If you're asking Babe to do this don't waste your breath. This board's purpose is for him to have a place to act macho without having to worry about getting b'slapped. He doesn't post on the offical Pats board because his kind of childish idiocy isn't tolerated there. Plus you actually have to know something about football.

For years this was a good board with dozens of knowledgeble Pats fans. If we wanted to engage in insulting there was always Leon the Jets boy to kick around. Since children like Babe came in we all went to the Pats board

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I can't take it when someone comes here saying its pathetic and juvenile while talking up the biggest jackazz in the history of this website. Its pretty curious to say the least.

Last response you'll get from me glen, enjoy your other message board!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ignore is the best place for him. Being exposed to the content of his mind is like stepping in dogshyte; all you want to do is get the stink and slime off of you.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll agree.

If you're asking Babe to do this don't waste your breath. This board's purpose is for him to have a place to act macho without having to worry about getting b'slapped. He doesn't post on the offical Pats board because his kind of childish idiocy isn't tolerated there. Plus you actually have to know something about football.

For years this was a good board with dozens of knowledgeble Pats fans. If we wanted to engage in insulting there was always Leon the Jets boy to kick around. Since children like Babe came in we all went to the Pats board

[/QUOTE]

Yep.   Spot on, Evil.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how glenr is trashing internet tough guys, while he's being an internet tough guy. Very comical fake account there Rusty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.   Spot on, Evil.

[/QUOTE]

Understand your frustrations.  But like BB, we have to move on.

So I'll ask you ...will you agree?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first off its me that calls him that and second tho I am no tough guy I don't think I would be running from Rusty believe me...or you for that matter...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll agree.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.   Spot on, Evil.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how glenr is trashing internet tough guys, while he's being an internet tough guy. Very comical fake account there Rusty.

[/QUOTE]

Yup the old childish Rusty escape. Actually little sweetie I don't play internet tough guy but obviously you see me as a threat to your little kingdom otherwise you wouldn't be posting about me after claiming you put me on ignore. Not surprising since you couldn't even 'quit this' board for 24 hours. Obviously your whole self image revolves around your prancing around here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

This has to do wst Babe  rusty has been attacking people for years even though i dont post much here and recently made a screen name I been reading since 2008.Babe came in after it all started  now the attacks went from other team fans to our own Pats fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.   Spot on, Evil.

[/QUOTE]

Understand your frustrations.  But like BB, we have to move on.

So I'll ask you ...will you agree?

[/QUOTE]

I'm just popped in for a short visit anyway to see who was still around. The first thing I noticed was a babe post in a Gronk thread where he craps on Gronk. Typical Babe tactic attacking anyone whose name isn't Brady to deflect from Brady having a bad game.

I suggest you go to the offical pats site and join that board if you want actual conversations with adults who know football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has to do wst Babe  rusty has been attacking people for years even though i dont post much here and recently made a screen name I been reading since 2008.Babe came in after it all started  now the attacks went from other team fans to our own Pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

Nice picture

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I can't abide by this. I respect a person's right to have an opinion, but not necessarily the opinion itself.

How about overt slams; just in case their thinking is stupid?

I'm not a drama queen that gets all in a huff because somebody insults or calls me a name on a damned internet message board.

I can agree to this. But when somebody is being stupid they can't help but look bad and it's apt to be pointed out.

So UD6 and Meadow get to crap on our team and we can't even call them what they actually are?

Ahhhh, some people just don't like each other. It's called life. You can't artificially fix that.

I'm perfectly willing to do that. But any who experience my admonishments got there for a legit reason, and will likely end up right back there for the same legit reasons.

[/QUOTE]

I think you need to reconsider a number of these provisions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.   Spot on, Evil.

[/QUOTE]

Next loophole.  Just wait until someone else does the name-calling, then agree with them.