No sense getting all spun up about it...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

No sense getting all spun up about it...

We just aren't very good this year.  Life goes on!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: No sense getting all spun up about it...

to start off 2-0 with this team is a shocker.  I'll take it.  get gronk back for a week or two before he breaks his arm and we rolllliiinn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

It is so early in this season. Take advantage of a couple of weak teams to start the schedule. Then 10 days before the next game. How good could Tampa be, they lost to these Jets...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I love ho people are dismissing them already. It's got a 2001 feel to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I geess the days of 15 point spreads are over. At this rate the pats could be 3-0 after next week and be near the bottom of everyone's power rankings (those rankings are lame but to be honest are the Pats one of the 20 best teams in the NFL right now?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I geess the days of 15 point spreads are over. At this rate the pats could be 3-0 after next week and be near the bottom of everyone's power rankings (those rankings are lame but to be honest are the Pats one of the 20 best teams in the NFL right now?)

I am sure they will be low in the power rankings (and deservedly so), but the only rankings that matter are the standings and the playoffs. The first two (and maybe three) teams on the schedule were not expected to even sniff the playoffs this year. It is hard to judge this team at this point. 

Right now, the defense is playing well enough to make up for all the deficiencies on offense (you know injuries, rookies, guys in jail). With Brady at QB the Patriots have not won a game scoring 13 points since 2004 (13-7 over the Jets).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

YES.

They are now 2-0. They could go 3-0. Gronk's return must be near. They will be better in the 2nd half when Vereen and Amendola come back. Who knows, maybe Boyce is fully integrated by then. BB has to be looking at Boyce for next week after what Dobson showed. Bottomline is they are winning even while crippled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I remember a team that started 1-3 lost it's starting QBand was left for dead. That team ended up winning 10 gms and won a Super Bowl. It could be worse. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

YES.

They are now 2-0. They could go 3-0. Gronk's return must be near. They will be better in the 2nd half when Vereen and Amendola come back. Who knows, maybe Boyce is fully integrated by then. BB has to be looking at Boyce for next week after what Dobson showed. Bottomline is they are winning even while crippled.

[/QUOTE]

They should be 3-0. The Bucs lost to the Jets, how good could they be? I think this defense can stop Josh Freeman...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If by "we," you mean the vast collection of negative nancy fans on this message board of which you are apparently one, then you're right. You aren't very good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

If by "we," you mean the vast collection of negative nancy fans on this message board of which you are apparently one, then you're right. You aren't very good.

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

What a pathetic thread, with pathetic so-called "fans".

If you can't get excited, or at the very least, happy, about a win, I really don't know what to tell you. 

The defense is going to have to step up this season, and they will. Two weeks in a row, and two big defensive performances, especially in the clutch. 

Lastly, when you consider that Gronk will be returning soon, as will Amendola, the rookies will continue to gel and get acclimated, and Vereen will be back soon enough, I see no reason this team won't improve as the season progresses. Would rather be peaking later than earlier. And some tough games like this will build mental and physical toughness, so come playoff time, they will be ready for what's in store, and won't crumble, as they have recently. 

Let's go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fessin. Show fessin's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

If you can't get excited, or at the very least, happy, about a win, I really don't know what to tell you. 

The defense is going to have to step up this season, and they will. Two weeks in a row, and two big defensive performances, especially in the clutch. 

Lastly, when you consider that Gronk will be returning soon, as will Amendola, the rookies will continue to gel and get acclimated, and Vereen will be back soon enough, I see no reason this team won't improve as the season progresses. Would rather be peaking later than earlier. And some tough games like this will build mental and physical toughness, so come playoff time, they will be ready for what's in store, and won't crumble, as they have recently. 

Let's go Pats!

Totally agree!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hey, I'll take the win all day long.  That was a tough spot playing on a Thursday night in poor weather conditions without many of our weapons.  My biggest concern is our O-Line, though.  Pass protection wasn't good, and our run game was non-existent.  Until that chances, I can't see the Pats getting very deep into the playoffs, and by NE's standard that isn't very good. Hopefully we improve throughout the season, but we just didn't look good last night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Let's go Pats!

What's pathetic is when a guy makes a "look at me" thread declaring his departure from the board, and then post like crazy for the next couple days after that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What's pathetic is when a guy makes a "look at me" thread declaring his departure from the board, and then post like crazy for the next couple days after that.

Including links to his new homes in hopes that people will follow.  I doubt anyone did, so he returns here THE NEXT DAY and posts as if he never lit that fire.

The receiving corps sucks.  Good win.  Not fun looking forward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Another spoiled Pats fan.  2007 is never happening again.  Get over it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

No, 2007 was a once in a lifetime season, for sure. Believe me, I have no problem with tight games and close wins. My problem with lsat night is that the worst team in the league held our run game completely in check and making our Oline look pretty bad. Look, we're 2-0 and I'm thrilled about that, but if we're getting pushed to the brink by the worst team in the nfl then it has to be a little concerning...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

No, 2007 was a once in a lifetime season, for sure. Believe me, I have no problem with tight games and close wins. My problem with lsat night is that the worst team in the league held our run game completely in check and making our Oline look pretty bad. Look, we're 2-0 and I'm thrilled about that, but if we're getting pushed to the brink by the worst team in the nfl then it has to be a little concerning...

[/QUOTE]

I agree that there are concerns.  Lot of rookies, Amendola hurt, Gronk not back but the Pats always seem to take their licks early on in the season and get better as the season progresses.  I think the same will happen this year.  Thank God they started out 2-0.  It could be much worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Ad hominem, pal. Let's focus on the content of the thread, not a minor gaffe from over a week ago. I admitted that wasn't my finest hour -- I've moved on from my mild blunder, but apparently you haven't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you basing these statements off of? Two weeks of the season have been played -- I realize the Jets aren't the most talented team in the NFL, but they have a stout defense, and to call them, "the worst team in the nfl" seems rather premature after two weeks. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

I love ho people are dismissing them already. It's got a 2001 feel to it.

[/QUOTE]

There is NOTHING about this that feels like 2001. It feels like the GM screwd up bigtime as in 2006, but much worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, 2007 was a once in a lifetime season, for sure. Believe me, I have no problem with tight games and close wins. My problem with lsat night is that the worst team in the league held our run game completely in check and making our Oline look pretty bad. Look, we're 2-0 and I'm thrilled about that, but if we're getting pushed to the brink by the worst team in the nflthen it has to be a little concerning...

[/QUOTE]

What are you basing these statements off of? Two weeks of the season have been played -- I realize the Jets aren't the most talented team in the NFL, but they have a stout defense, and to call them, "the worst team in the nfl" seems rather premature after two weeks. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Callong the Jets the worst team in the league might be extreme. They are far from a powerhouse, though, and a team that I would expect a much better showing against than we put up last night. But hey, we won, we're 2-0, and lets hope that our offense can put this "mini bye week" to goo use and look much sharper against Tampa.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:

to start off 2-0 with this team is a shocker.  I'll take it.  get gronk back for a week or two before he breaks his arm and we rolllliiinn

Look who we played.  No reason not to go 6-0 in the division,5-1 at the very worst.  This division is not very tought, never really has been.  Patriots from any other year would have beat these Bills and Jets by 20+.  The 2-0 comment is a crutch to lean on. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If your version of this team is one that wins each game 38 - 10, then you've got a problem.

The season is only 2 games old.  And, yes, life goes on regardless if this team wins or loses.