NO trades!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

NO trades!!!!

If a trade has not happened by now, it is not going to happen.  The bye week would have been a perfect time to bring someone in.  It is too late now.  It is time to live with what you have and win.  The Patriots have enough offense talent to win.  Jackson would be nothing but a headache and one step from a suspension.  Branch is an has been number two receiver.  Use the draft picks to build a strong future team.  8 pick in the first four rounds.  A dinasty in the making, if BB plays it smart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: NO trades!!!!

yeah, all the hysteria is over. i think we have a competitive team right now and don't need to bring anyone else on board. next years draft will pretty much seal the deal for a few more super bowl runs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

never say never. If the player and price is right....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Merriman!!!!!!!

COULDN'T RESIST!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Never.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Why bring in broken players for a short term fix?  Build through the draft.  The Patriots need to  be young and fast.  This cannot happen unless they continue on the path they started.  Look at the great young talent they have developed. Mayo, Merriweather, Chung, etc.   Keep it up  for another draft and they will have a chance to be something special. 
    Trade away the picks for old broken players and they will not be anything but a mid-level team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Floyd Reese has done an excellent job in replacing Scott Pioli

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Don't over look the fact that the Pats will be $30 MM under the cap (assuming there is one) in 2011.  Keep in mind also that the F/A class for 2011 will be twice as big as usual because so many players were restricted in uncapped 2010 that normally wouldn't have been.  Add these guys to the draft and our room under the cap and our 2011 team should be crazy good on both sides of the ball.

The reason a team would trade a player mid season other than for discipline reasons is because they know they will lose him following the season.  Most teams still won't trade prefering to keep the player's services for the final year of their contract.  The Patriots are different.  They traded Seymour and now Moss each with a year remaining.

I doubt we will find a team willing to trade a great player unless they are rebuilding and want multiple picks.  I doubt we'd do a trade for a player in their final year when we can wait and get him without losing picks.  So, we'd have to find a team with a player who is locked up willing to give him up for multiple picks. 

I bet we stand "pat" and let these young guys show us what they got.  We will add 3-4 marquis free agents while losing none of our own.  The only marquis player we could lose after 2010 is Matt Light and some would argue he isn't that marquis anymore and isn't likely worth the bank he will want. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I agree. It's going to be too expensive in draft picks to bring in anyone decent. I'd rather give Tate the job and get the TE's involved even more. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You've got to play your youth.  Bringing in vets at this stage doesn't do anything but stunt the growth of a young player with the possibility of saying goodbye to that vet the following year.  Then you're back to square one.  Let them get their experience this year.  Continue to build through the draft and like Faucetman says the Pats are under the projected cap and can bring in FAs that fill a need.  Next year is going to be our year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Moss' roster spot was filled the very next day. They had no plans to trade for another receiver. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: NO trades!!!!:
    [QUOTE] We will add 3-4 marquis free agents Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

i dooubt BB will do this. i don't think he wants to waste any more money on suppoesed marquis FA that came to NE and were duds. build through the draft, and reload through the draft

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: NO trades!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO trades!!!! : i dooubt BB will do this. i don't think he wants to waste any more money on suppoesed marquis FA that came to NE and were duds. build through the draft, and reload through the draft
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Always a problem with big name FAs. Once they get the big up front money you never know which ones will give 100% and which ones will mail it in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

It may be smart fo BB to do some trading, for top line NFL vets, instead of using them all for draft choices-- Why? BB's recent success record in the last 5 drafts, has been dreadful!!!!