No Way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

No Way

Liste, I'm the biggest Pats fan like most of us on this sight-yet there is NO way we win the SB with this pass defense!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Re: No Way

You dont win the superbowl with pass defenses anymore... Get used to it.. Timely stops, FG's instead of TD's, and a high powered offense. I'd argue that a TIME KILLING Running game is more important than pass defense these days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Is this the thread for losers, negative nellies and trolls?  Good, I'll be sure to avoid it from now on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I wish we were good like the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Considering all the new pieces and the scheme change, it's a bit ridiculous to make definitive statements about the team after only 2 games

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Sure if it stays the same you are correct...but it is likely to improve.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: No Way:
    [QUOTE]Is this the thread for losers, negative nellies and trolls?  Good, I'll be sure to avoid it from now on.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Not  that! We need every mindless kool-aide guzzler we can get in this thread to secure our delusions.  Please come back!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

our pass defense is so poor that we have allowed less yards then the superbowl champions, the green bay packers.

I wonder how they won the superbowl last year with that pass defense, its incredible!

lmfao.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No Way : And the Pats offense did squat as far as drives go in the 3rd qtr of Sunday's game. Imagine if they simply took some time off the clock and even got A FG?  If they had taken time of the clock, we may not even be looking at a Vincent Jackson TD with 5 minutes to go.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Imagine too if they scored 35 points in that game how awesome that would have been. Never mind, they did score 35 points in that game.

Maybe BB should give you a call and you can advise him to shut down the hurry up odffense so his lame D doesn't have to actually defend so much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]our pass defense is so poor that we have allowed less yards then the superbowl champions, the green bay packers. I wonder how they won the superbowl last year with that pass defense, its incredible! lmfao.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after two games it's all pretty clear that the league leader in DPR last year with 67 is as bad as the team that had one of the worst 3rd down pass defenses in history. Good observation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

WAY!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Being objective and pragmatic is not being negative. Maybe some day you will realize this! Every topic doesn't need to be Rah Rah optimistic. Get a clue? In Response to Re: No Way:
    [QUOTE]Is this the thread for losers, negative nellies and trolls?  Good, I'll be sure to avoid it from now on.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

No one said anything about not being good or bad-the thead was aimed specifically at the weakness of the Pats passing defense! Some of us still can be objective, even if it pertains  to our beloved Pats.In Response to Re: No Way:
    [QUOTE]I wish we were good like the Jets.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Horrible argument-2 bads don't equal a right. You are comparing our defense to another team that is allowing tons of points. I believe you just solidified my original point!!!!  In Response to Re: No Way:
    [QUOTE]our pass defense is so poor that we have allowed less yards then the superbowl champions, the green bay packers. I wonder how they won the superbowl last year with that pass defense, its incredible! lmfao.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll agree it's too early to really get a feel for how the defense is going to be. I like the people they added this off season and I'm hopefull they will show more as the season goes on. The injuries worry me - Pryor going down hurt, but I also think it's time to lower the expectations on him now.

They need to improve and I think they will, but you're right, if they stay like this they'll won't be winning anything. There's some ingredients there that should make them better than last year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, pass defense is not up to par yet. I'm sure after only two weeks most teams have some tweaking needed, the Pats included.  Listen, the superbowl isn't happening next week so give BB some time to iron out the kinks.

Man, people are so impatient these days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The NFL is scoring in record numbers, 46.9 combined points per game. 17 quarterbacks threw for at least 500 yards in the first two weeks of the season. Looks like there's a lot of crappy defenses out there.

We are still winning. The defense will improve. We will win the super bowl.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to No Way:
    [QUOTE]Liste, I'm the biggest Pats fan like most of us on this sight-yet there is NO way we win the SB with this pass defense!!!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

See diggers thread, it's explained:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3abd8f6174-ea4e-4c2f-ad75-6b0faf4755e2

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

top 10 pass defenses so far in the NFL:

1 Houston Texans 162.5
    2 Cleveland Browns 165.5
    3 Tennessee Titans 172.0
    4 Pittsburgh Steelers 174.0
    5 Philadelphia Eagles 180.5
    6 St. Louis Rams 185.5
    7 Detroit Lions 187.5
    8 Cincinnati Bengals 194.5
    9 Denver Broncos 204.5
    10 Indianapolis Colts 207.0

And here are the bottom 2:

31 New England Patriots 381.0
    32 Green Bay Packers 400.0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJB064. Show LJB064's posts

I'll start talking about the Superbowl when Bill Belichick does.  This week, we have a game in Buffalo.

(However, I will be hoping to see some improvements in the pass defense!)

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.