NO WAY!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

NO WAY!!!

How dare they say it! Read on for the anwser.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

It's refreshing that stats are used more than a popularity contest like PM won recently. PM=1, TB=4 (times to the SB). "nuff said!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: NO WAY!!!

Poll Results: 6 Total Votes

Your starting QB on an expansion team?

5 Votes (83.3%)
    Tom Brady
    0 Votes (0.0%)
    Peyton Manning
    0 Votes (0.0%)
    Big Ben
    1 Vote (16.7%)
    other

This is not really a fair poll, being on a Patriots message board! Still, I wish whoever voted "other" would have replied specifying who and why. I believe there was a poll on ESPN or MSNBC which asked the Brady/Manning question (not neccessarily an "expansion" team, though), and Brady was on top when I checked. It was a while ago, maybe back in May. Still, I think after Brady I'd take Big Ben, Drew Brees, and maybe Matt Ryan before Manning. Just my opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I have to agree bub.  This isn't really right.  I'm glad we have Tom though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]Poll Results: 6 Total Votes Your starting QB on an expansion team? 5 Votes (83.3%) Tom Brady 0 Votes (0.0%) Peyton Manning 0 Votes (0.0%) Big Ben 1 Vote (16.7%) other This is not really a fair poll, being on a Patriots message board! Still, I wish whoever voted "other" would have replied specifying who and why. I believe there was a poll on ESPN or MSNBC which asked the Brady/Manning question (not neccessarily an "expansion" team, though), and Brady was on top when I checked. It was a while ago, maybe back in May. Still, I think after Brady I'd take Big Ben, Drew Brees, and maybe Matt Ryan before Manning. Just my opinion.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Hey Bub, I basically did this as a slight towards the other "No WAY" Thread that Underdog started. Just funnin. Think I'd go with Drew Brees. I'd have to wait another year or two before Ryan enters the picture though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Bub, I basically did this as a slight towards the other "No WAY" Thread that Underdog started. Just funnin. Think I'd go with Drew Brees. I'd have to wait another year or two before Ryan enters the picture though.
    Posted by RedsGhost[/QUOTE]

Carson Palmer is another guy I'd consider, though maybe not ahead of Manning. A lot depends on what happens this season, but I believe both Ryan and Flacco have a lot of promise. Ryan (to me) seemed a bit more clutch in 08. But if it was an expansion team, then you have to add points for these two due to their age. Guys like Brady and Manning (and Brees) are already in their 30s. Though they'd be great leaders, you would have to consider an "heir apparent" with a new team. Ryan and Flacco would be around when the rest of the pieces fell into place (if indeed they ever did). But you couldn't go wrong with Brady, Manning, or Roethlisburger in any case. It would simply be a smaller "window".