No Welker + No big FA's=No Chance at another SB!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: No Welker + No big FA's=No Chance at another SB!

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Welker's gone, The Pats haven't made any serious FA moves, and Brady's not getting younger.

Forget another championship coming anytime to NE anytime soon.

What a shame.

LOL.  try this math:

No SB in 2012 - pieces no longer needed + desire to win in the future + new players through FA, trade and draft = SB in near future.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

I was unaware that free agency closed today at 5pm? Typical Boston fans way overreacting immediately to everything.  Sometimes makes me ashamed to call myself a Boston fan...nah never. Buy you guys are nothing but tools with those quick jump the gun the sky is falling reaction. Calm down its a long off-season. We will add plenty of players through free agency and draft.  The world is not over

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

yeah, what if we sign Reed and Pollard and draft a few beasts! yeah, the Pats stink! NOT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

prolly not, but don't tell that to those fans who have blinders on

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

I was unaware that free agency closed today at 5pm? Typical Boston fans way overreacting immediately to everything.  Sometimes makes me ashamed to call myself a Boston fan...nah never. Buy you guys are nothing but tools with those quick jump the gun the sky is falling reaction. Calm down its a long off-season. We will add plenty of players through free agency and draft.  The world is not over

Didn't know that was a stereo-type? I agree with the point that this guy jumped the gun, but to suggest that everyone is like that? You're a clown.

They didn't sign him, because perhaps the Pats felt as though they needed to change their philosophy. For the past 6 years, they've been a pass-first team on offense, and haven't put much money on the defense.

Now, my money is on them banking on Lloyd, Edelman, Gronk and Hernandez (which, when healthy, is still easily a top 10 receiving core) and an improved running game (Ridley and Vereen are both still 23-24 years old), and the front office going out and getting some secondary help.

They won a Super Bowl with Troy Brown, David Patten, Jermaine Wiggins, etc. They can win one with this group, as they are better than those guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

I have no problems wih Wes leaving if we had other WRs on the team.  Please correct me if im wrong but they still have not chosen to pick up Lloyds second year of his contract and Edelman isnt signed with the pats.  I beleive hes a free agent?  Try Brown, David Givens, and Deon Branch were way better than Lloyd and Edelman.  Lloyd should be better but he couldnt seem to stay on his feet after a catch.  Sure Gronk and Herns are better than the TEs we had in the early 2000s but they are still just TEs. 

I hope we pick up some free agents but whos left?  Whos left thats going to make a difference over our WRs from last year?  Also, i hear everyone say, now that we did sign wes me have more money to pick up D free agents.  What defensive free agents are available that will all turn our D into SB champs?  We also just lost one of our safties so now whos at safty, McCort?  Who are our corners if we dont resign Talib and Dennard spends some time in jail? 

I'm not paniced, it is what it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really?  One player and you are jumping off the cliff?  Get real!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Welker's gone, The Pats haven't made any serious FA moves, and Brady's not getting younger.

Forget another championship coming anytime to NE anytime soon.

What a shame.

On ignore you go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Product Details

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Uhm...when did we win a SB with Wes Welker again? =/ 

How is Us - Welker = No SBs, when Us + Welker = no SBs? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Well said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Yup

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Yup

How does Us-Welker=SBs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Not even preseason and you are giving up? WOW!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if gronk stays healthy for and in the playoffs, they have as good a shot as anyone in the afc at getting to the super bowl...espescially if they add amendola and ed reed/pollard....and some good draft picks.