No Welker? No Problem.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

No Welker? No Problem.

Patriots Super Bowl Record with Tom Brady and Belichick: 3-1
    Patriots Super Bowl Record with Welker and Moss: 0-1

If anything this will cause the team from a "Wes Welker oriented offence"-Tom Brady to a more balanced offence. In the three Super Bowls we actually won did Brady throw to two guys the majority of the time? No. Brady spread the ball around and got it to all recievers. In the playoffs inluding 2006 and Super Bowls Brady threw to Vrable, Branch, Brown, Patten, Givens, Faulk, Graham, J. R. Redmond, and many others. We have never relied on two guys so heavily. If we maintain a steady running game like we did in the previous years with Antowain Smith of all people. We can definitly maintain a steady run game and control the clock with the likes of Maroney, Morris, Taylor, Faulk, and Green-Ellis, all contributing. I believe if the defense holds up the Patriots can defeat anyone. Besides this is not the first time we have played with injuries; 2003 IR list-Stephen Neal, Lonnie Paxton, David Patten. 2004-Tom Ashworth, Dan Klecko, Ty Law, Tyrone Poole, Ben Watson. Oh by the way who is this Tom Brady kid replacing Drew Bledsoe? oh right.

Right now the whole world is against us, nobody believes we can win. This is when Belichick gets his players motivated. Hey, maybe I'm wrong but theirs nothing wrong being a wishful thinker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: No Welker? No Problem.

I agree with your post except the no problem. If I had the chose I would rather have Wes. Now I think for sure we may see more of a dink and dunk spread the ball and run more offense. We need the defense to play the whole game though!

Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/04/brady-patriots-will-have-to-evolve-without-welker/

Here's what tom said about it, we'll see if our OC can actually game plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Maybe we could see new offensive wrinkles just as we saw the new 5-6 defense. WildPat?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

Pass Rush? Right now we need to stop the run, “We focus on Baltimore". Lets focus at a win at home against a tough Ravens team that will pound the rock.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Anything is possible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

The offence can still score but our D is just plain bad.  If we could at least put alittle pressure on the QB, the rest of the D may fall into place.  But I can't see anyone on this roster being able to bring the heat ala Freeney, Ware etc. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

We need TBC, Derrick Burgess, and Adalius Thomas to step up and make some plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

TBC has done a great job this year. Thomas now thats another story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefedsox. Show thefedsox's posts

By balanced offfense, they probably mean run/pass but they should probably start the game by getting the TE's more involved. Ben watson is not just some blocking TE and Baker too can definitely catch and run. If they need to, they should start in more big run formations (extra TE with LeVoir) and then play action off that hoping to get 1 or more TE's open down the middle while Moss runs everyone deep. Moss should see double, maybe triple coverage so having those options open would be great.

For gadget plays, they need to consider a Wild Pat or end-around with Edelman or maybe even butler (did you see his speed?). I'd also like to try a double reverse with stanback and edelman where moss and the lineman block the side off. If eldeman can throw, have him try to reach the endzone on the 20-30 in a 2nd half variaton on the same play, preferably on 3rd or 4th down.

They need to run that long play action to moss which had everyone on the line,
    or try it as a reverse flea flicker . Following this, they should go spread in the third quarter with 4 or 5 wide outs (Moss, Aiken deep outs, Stanback, Edleman Crossing, Faulk extra blocker, safety in flat).   Quick hits and slants to get the yards, ala the 1st game of the season or what we saw in 2006-2007.  then the safeties and corners start moving back, then go for the run again.

They need to mix in screens/draws but when the defense gets agressive. Faulk, Morris, Edelman, are likely to run these plays.

I'm no BB but I can see that the two most important things will be1) getting an early lead to allow the defense to be agressive and 2) control posession by run/short pass in the 2nd half.

Predicttion : Faulk has a career game, leading to a win.