Norwegian Defensive Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Re: Norwegian Defensive Back

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You seem like you have a good eye for reads....try using your shoulders for tackling, don't stand up straight, it robs you of power when you don't keep a good balanced position with your knees bent ...head up, knees bent, drive through the ball carrier using your shoulders and leveraging the power of your thighs and rear end, your strongest muscles...and wrap your arms around the ball carrier, ALWAYS...

Keep at it..practice...try looking online and youtube for tackling instructional videos that show you how to tackle without using your head...there are drills you can do to learn how to explode into a ball carrier using your legs...

Bench pressing, military pressing, arm curls and stand up row weight exercises help develop neck muscles and chest muscles needed to adequately develop upper body power/neck strength...squats for thigh and glutes.....do these and you'll easily strengthen your body and improve your speed...

Also....you might try a smaller US university  where a player of your size and good academic standards has a better chance of playing...

Good luck...if you get more film, let us know!

[/QUOTE]

thank you for your tips! You are making some very very good points that I'll look more into! I'd love to play for smaller schools but the schools that Norway can provide financial aid to are listed above. Which school is the smallest, university of Iowa, Arizona, North Carolina at chapel hil or Washington? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think you'd be an ungrade for the Jests.

Norwegian Island

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I love the intensity! The biggest thing that you need to work on is your tackling IMO. Too many times you just hit with your forearms. Wrap the tackler up! If you got low and wrap up them up, you will have some more highlight worthy hits. I can't stress it enough. Work on your tackling and I'm sure coaches will be all over you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love the intensity! The biggest thing that you need to work on is your tackling IMO. Too many times you just hit with your forearms. Wrap the tackler up! If you got low and wrap up them up, you will have some more highlight worthy hits. I can't stress it enough. Work on your tackling and I'm sure coaches will be all over you!

[/QUOTE]

Laying the Norwegian Wood!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BrianKangu's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You seem like you have a good eye for reads....try using your shoulders for tackling, don't stand up straight, it robs you of power when you don't keep a good balanced position with your knees bent ...head up, knees bent, drive through the ball carrier using your shoulders and leveraging the power of your thighs and rear end, your strongest muscles...and wrap your arms around the ball carrier, ALWAYS...

Keep at it..practice...try looking online and youtube for tackling instructional videos that show you how to tackle without using your head...there are drills you can do to learn how to explode into a ball carrier using your legs...

Bench pressing, military pressing, arm curls and stand up row weight exercises help develop neck muscles and chest muscles needed to adequately develop upper body power/neck strength...squats for thigh and glutes.....do these and you'll easily strengthen your body and improve your speed...

Also....you might try a smaller US university  where a player of your size and good academic standards has a better chance of playing...

Good luck...if you get more film, let us know!

[/QUOTE]

thank you for your tips! You are making some very very good points that I'll look more into! I'd love to play for smaller schools but the schools that Norway can provide financial aid to are listed above. Which school is the smallest, university of Iowa, Arizona, North Carolina at chapel hil or Washington? 

[/QUOTE]

They are all major (ie, BIG) schools with major football programs

Arizona State University (AZ)  Boston University (MA) [2] Brown University (RI) California Institute of Technology (CA) Carnegie Mellon University (PA) Case Western Reserve University (OH) Columbia University (NY) Cornell University (NY) Dartmouth College (NH) Duke University (NC) Emory University (GA) Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) (GA) Harvard University (MA) Indiana University, Bloomington (IN) Johns Hopkins University (MD) Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT (MA) Michigan State University (MI) New York University (NY) Northwestern University (IL) Ohio State University (OH) Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (DC) Pennsylvania State University, University Park (PA) Princeton University (NJ) Purdue (IN) Rice University, Houston (TX) Rutgers, the State University of NJ (NJ) Stanford University (CA) Texas A&M University (TX) Tufts University (MA) University of Arizona (AZ) (fra og med høsten 2013) University of Chicago (IL) University of Colorado, Boulder (CO) University of Florida (FL) University of Illinois – Urbana – Champaign (IL) University of Iowa (IA) University of Maryland (MD) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (MI) University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (MN) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (NC) University of Notre Dame (IN) University of Pennsylvania (PA) University of Pittsburgh (PA) University of Rochester (NY) University of Southern California (CA) University of Texas, Austin (TX) University of Virginia (VA) University of Washington, Seattle (WA) University of Wisconsin, Madison (WI) UoC [3] Berkeley (CA) UoC Davis (CA) UoC Irvine (CA) UoC San Diego (CA) UoC Santa Barbara (CA) UoC UCLA (CA) Vanderbilt University (TN) Washington University in St. Louis (MO) Yale University (CT)

The schools I have underlined are the highest rated academic programs that also feature small school football programs....the others either don't have football programs or are extremly large and competitive football programs...all the schools on your list are excellent academic institutions...

I hope this information was helpful...

[/QUOTE]

All of the underlined schools require SAT, which may be impossible to start working on with under 6 months to take the test. But thanks again. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll read/watch videos on it and probably go thoroughly through it when the National team camp is up! Thanks! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Brian, 

Can you get some film that shows you breaking-up passes, tackling in the open field, shedding blockers, and so on?   It seems like, in your film, you're whacking opponents hard, but after they have caught the ball.  Sometimes well after they've caught be ball, but not knocking the ball loose.   So, I don't know if this film presents you in the best possible light.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ok, here's my opinion:

1st play - good read on an under thrown ball. However, you need take a better angle once you read the route. The receiver had a step on you since you initially went horizontal before tracking backward. If given the chance always give up the underneath if it prevents letting a receiver get behind you. Extending the play a bit further if the QB held the ball a bit longer and tossed it over your head 5 yards further it was a clean TD with the angle you took backwards. Need a slightly quicker jump and better angle given the WRs speed 

2nd play - nice hit, clean used force to knock the ball away. Ran into his path and took a good angle to where he was going not where he was

3rd play - good recovery bad play. That's something T. Wilson gets caught on a lot. He moves forward too quickly and doesn't trust the coverage. It looks like there was man outside with an underneath zone on that play that you started to move into. The CB on the left gave such a huge cushion and was playing the outside you have to stay put and cover that gaping hole to prevent the WR from cutting in for an easy rec

4th play - good speed and pursuit of a play but lost containment. I see 3 white shirts on outside and that's the route you took. When there are already that many by the sidelines you need to cut behind the blockers. This prevents the runner from cutting back as he did but also blockers can't see you if you are behind them so it gives you an advantage to dictate the runners path instead of the blockers giving them holes to move in.

5th play - need to open your hips up a bit. You were a bit stiff before commiting which costs you half a step. If you slow up a bit and open your hips letting the runner make the first move you prevent that skip you did and lets you square up a bit better to wrap up

6th play - good recognition of the play and great use of your hands to rip the ball out but bad angle. On a guy that size you have to tackle from behind and hit him squarely. Look at the route you took, horizontal, then you moved forward before recognizing he was still moving back and you needed to change direction a third time to make the play. If that was a go route you would have been in trouble. Remember don't let them get behind you. The more times you need to change direction the more in trouble you are. If you are going to make a play make it with them infront of you and prepare for a double move go route. 

7th play - well read play good breakup 

8th play - not much to say there

9th play - good recognition of the play, made the commitment and got into the runners path almost fully square, good play

10th play - good speed, squared up the hit, and good wrap up

11th play - not much to say there

12th play - good square up but instead of tucking your arm in wrap it around and drive through your hit with your shoulder. Safer for you and the receiver while also preventing a potential bounce off

Overall couple things I noticed sometimes it seems like you locked on to a WR and commited before the ball is thrown. You need to becareful not to be caught looking or caught on a double move because the way you move forward would be hard for you to recover if the receiver gets behind you. You also need to open you hips up more. You tend to shorten your step and close off your stance too early commiting to a single route and you have to do little things like that skip or short step your momentum if the ball carrier has options of angles. You also need to work on your angles a bit more. if you are finding yourself moving forward then have to move back into coverage quickly you are giving a step to the receiver which could burn you if they get behind you. 

It's a highlight vid so there really isn't a ton you can learn from your better plays. Do you have general practice vids or none highlight plays to look at?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BrianKangu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll read/watch videos on it and probably go thoroughly through it when the National team camp is up! Thanks! 

[/QUOTE]

I had a Norwegian boss (I believe he was. I confuse with Danish. And I 'm not sure but U think the two contries don't like that.) He's one of the smartest guys I know. So when you say it's hard to prepare for the SAT in six months, I have a hard time understanding. Just try.

BTW... he tried to make me eat that fermented fish thing. I would not even come near it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brian, 

Can you get some film that shows you breaking-up passes, tackling in the open field, shedding blockers, and so on?   It seems like, in your film, you're whacking opponents hard, but after they have caught the ball.  Sometimes well after they've caught be ball, but not knocking the ball loose.   So, I don't know if this film presents you in the best possible light.

[/QUOTE]

These clips were the best that I could gather in a 3 game span. I got some games in May, I'll make a new one and hopefully it will include open field tackles etc

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, here's my opinion:

1st play - good read on an under thrown ball. However, you need take a better angle once you read the route. The receiver had a step on you since you initially went horizontal before tracking backward. If given the chance always give up the underneath if it prevents letting a receiver get behind you. Extending the play a bit further if the QB held the ball a bit longer and tossed it over your head 5 yards further it was a clean TD with the angle you took backwards. Need a slightly quicker jump and better angle given the WRs speed 

2nd play - nice hit, clean used force to knock the ball away. Ran into his path and took a good angle to where he was going not where he was

3rd play - good recovery bad play. That's something T. Wilson gets caught on a lot. He moves forward too quickly and doesn't trust the coverage. It looks like there was man outside with an underneath zone on that play that you started to move into. The CB on the left gave such a huge cushion and was playing the outside you have to stay put and cover that gaping hole to prevent the WR from cutting in for an easy rec

4th play - good speed and pursuit of a play but lost containment. I see 3 white shirts on outside and that's the route you took. When there are already that many by the sidelines you need to cut behind the blockers. This prevents the runner from cutting back as he did but also blockers can't see you if you are behind them so it gives you an advantage to dictate the runners path instead of the blockers giving them holes to move in.

5th play - need to open your hips up a bit. You were a bit stiff before commiting which costs you half a step. If you slow up a bit and open your hips letting the runner make the first move you prevent that skip you did and lets you square up a bit better to wrap up

6th play - good recognition of the play and great use of your hands to rip the ball out but bad angle. On a guy that size you have to tackle from behind and hit him squarely. Look at the route you took, horizontal, then you moved forward before recognizing he was still moving back and you needed to change direction a third time to make the play. If that was a go route you would have been in trouble. Remember don't let them get behind you. The more times you need to change direction the more in trouble you are. If you are going to make a play make it with them infront of you and prepare for a double move go route. 

7th play - well read play good breakup 

8th play - not much to say there

9th play - good recognition of the play, made the commitment and got into the runners path almost fully square, good play

10th play - good speed, squared up the hit, and good wrap up

11th play - not much to say there

12th play - good square up but instead of tucking your arm in wrap it around and drive through your hit with your shoulder. Safer for you and the receiver while also preventing a potential bounce off

Overall couple things I noticed sometimes it seems like you locked on to a WR and commited before the ball is thrown. You need to becareful not to be caught looking or caught on a double move because the way you move forward would be hard for you to recover if the receiver gets behind you. You also need to open you hips up more. You tend to shorten your step and close off your stance too early commiting to a single route and you have to do little things like that skip or short step your momentum if the ball carrier has options of angles. You also need to work on your angles a bit more. if you are finding yourself moving forward then have to move back into coverage quickly you are giving a step to the receiver which could burn you if they get behind you. 

It's a highlight vid so there really isn't a ton you can learn from your better plays. Do you have general practice vids or none highlight plays to look at?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for you very detailed and informational feedback. The first thing is my main assignment was too contain the tight end which was the quarterbacks favorite target, so we'd figure out that if we took him out then he'd throw else where as he did on the third play so that's why I was locked on to him. The thing that keeps being noticed is my angle, which I will work extra hard on. And on that 5th play I made a bad angle on the RB prior to that play so I didn't want to miss the tackle as he was a little shifty that's why I took that studder step to see where he was heading. 

I don't have any practice videos or anything else this was the first time making highlight videos but I'll make new videos when I get the chance too. Im headed to the National team camp so I hope they will film the practices. 

Thanks again for the very insight full feedback! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow Cool! Finally a Real Player who can still get on the field and perform. You been here 2 years?! Ive never seen you post, but welcome all the same. Good Luck! Im not gonna try and evaluate you because I may drive you to quit...lol. Im a tough grader of D.Backs!

Anyways , always good to see someone bringing something diff. to the table. I thought you was pulling my leg at first cuz we got so many wanna be "playas" in here! All the best Buddy!

Look forward to seeing you on an NFL field some day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Cool! Finally a Real Player who can still get on the field and perform. You been here 2 years?! Ive never seen you post, but welcome all the same. Good Luck! Im not gonna try and evaluate you because I may drive you to quit...lol. Im a tough grader of D.Backs!

Anyways , always good to see someone bringing something diff. to the table. I thought you was pulling my leg at first cuz we got so many wanna be "playas" in here! All the best Buddy!

Look forward to seeing you on an NFL field some day!

[/QUOTE]

I've been here for about 4 years and made 6 posts prior to this thread so that's my you havent seen me. I only come here to read about the Pats. Feedback is feedback, good or bad. You just have to learn from your mistakes in order to get better so hit me with your best shot. 

Thank you for your feedback.