Not A Coincidence, IMO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Not A Coincidence, IMO

good point forgot about Pioli building that D. also had Crennel to coach them up before he got canned. they have some players there. would be even better if not for that tradegy last year w Belcher

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Colts D has given up fewer points per game than the pats. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

also played oakland, miami and jax... not stellar O's. and Seattle and SF O's arent amazing either. we've played two better O's in ATL and NO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

There are 5 guys from Pioli's 4 years that are starting on the Chiefs defense.  Their defense ranked 25th in points last year but are 1st this year.  Over a 4 year period, I would have expected more starters from Pioli's regime if he was THAT great.  Appears he is not. 

That said, I think he is good.  3 other starters are carry overs from the pre pioli regime that he did not get rid of.  That said, its hard to believe this team went from 25th to 1st in one year.  Tells me that Pioli may be solid as a defensive talent evaluator (did not consider offense), but he's no GM. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, now they have, but Indy plays tonight, so that was a pathetic attempt, underpants.

Plus, if we had Gronk yesterday, we don't allow 27 points.  

[/QUOTE]
    except that I mentioned points per game, not total points.  And we all have injuries.  Its a part of the game.  But your point does beg another question:

On this thread you are praising some GM's including your own for not paying players and panning a few for paying players that have become injured (even mentioned a broken finger).  Well the pats have put alot of money into Gronkowski, Hernandez and Amendola.  Through a total of 18 playable games (6 games x 3 players), these players have played a total of 3 games (17%).  Their contracts are worth 95 million combined.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, now they have, but Indy plays tonight, so that was a pathetic attempt, underpants.

[/QUOTE]
    except that I mentioned points per game, not total points.  And we all have injuries.  Its a part of the game.  But your point does beg another question:

On this thread you are praising some GM's including your own for not paying players and panning a few for paying players that have become injured (even mentioned a broken finger).  Well the pats have put alot of money into Gronkowski, Hernandez and Amendola.  Through a total of 18 playable games (6 games x 3 players), these players have played a total of 3 games (17%).  Their contracts are worth 95 million combined.

[/QUOTE]

amendola is making 'a ton' of money if he is always hurt. saying amendola plays one game per season rest of his deal he only makes 11-12 mil. not 30. his deal is on play time on field. smart BB contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

also played oakland, miami and jax... not stellar O's. and Seattle and SF O's arent amazing either. we've played two better O's in ATL and NO

[/QUOTE]
    And you played Cin, NYJ, and TB. 

Pats opponent offenses pts per game and league offensive scoring rank: NO - 26.8 pts/game (8), ATL - 24.4 (13), BUF - 22.7 (17), CIN - 20.2 (23), NYJ - 17.3 (29), TB - 12.8 (31)

Indy: SEA - 26.2 (9), SF - 24.4 (14), MIA - 22.8 (16), OAK - 17.5 (28), JAX - 11.7 (32)

There's not a dramatic difference here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

There are 5 guys from Pioli's 4 years that are starting on the Chiefs defense.  Their defense ranked 25th in points last year but are 1st this year.  Over a 4 year period, I would have expected more starters from Pioli's regime if he was THAT great.  Appears he is not. 

That said, I think he is good.  3 other starters are carry overs from the pre pioli regime that he did not get rid of.  That said, its hard to believe this team went from 25th to 1st in one year.  Tells me that Pioli may be solid as a defensive talent evaluator (did not consider offense), but he's no GM. 

[/QUOTE]

Their offense was so awful last year, though, arguably the worst it the NFL, that a "25th ranked" D is not that bad at all. I kept saying that they were loaded they just needed a coach, an improved O Line, health and a better QB which SMith is over Cassel.

He, like Lombardi in Cleveland were groomed by BB. Yes.

Give Pioli a quality NFL coach, say a Gruden, a solid QB and yes, Pioli would a fine hire for any time that wants to do it right.

Pioli is a numbers guy. That's what his strength is, and if you don't have a good economics guy, you are screwed in this league.

Look at the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I said Pioli may be a good defensive talent evaluator, but not a GM.  The GM picks the coach.  The GM makes all picks.  He picked the QB.  He was responsible for it all and the team was awful. 

Not saying the guy isn't talented, but he clearly can't RUN a team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Makes it even funnier. lol

Also, SF is nowhere near as strong offense as they were debuting the Read Option last year, now with it exposed.

[/QUOTE]

until you look up the points production of the colts and pats and find out they are not that different.  I am not talking anecdotal opinions.  I am talking stats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

amendola is making 'a ton' of money if he is always hurt. saying amendola plays one game per season rest of his deal he only makes 11-12 mil. not 30. his deal is on play time on field. smart BB contract.

[/QUOTE]

not sure what you are saying here.  Amendola's contract may be fine, but it is currently very overvalued given the amount of games he's played thus far, and with the concussion, I suspect he will be out 3-4 weeks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pats opponent offenses pts per game and league offensive scoring rank: NO - 26.8 pts/game (8), ATL - 24.4 (13), BUF - 22.7 (17), CIN - 20.2 (23), NYJ - 17.3 (29), TB - 12.8 (31)

Indy: SEA - 26.2 (9), SF - 24.4 (14), MIA - 22.8 (16), OAK - 17.5 (28), JAX - 11.7 (32)

[/QUOTE]

seattle PPG is screwed they dropped 40+ on jax. and killed SF with turnovers not offense. and San Fran has feasted on a  bad Green Bay D and Cardinals D. just sayin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seattle PPG is screwed they dropped 40+ on jax. and killed SF with turnovers not offense. and San Fran has feasted on a  bad Green Bay D and Cardinals D. just sayin

[/QUOTE]
    As I said - no anecdotal opinion.  Scores are what they are. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not sure what you are saying here.  Amendola's contract may be fine, but it is currently very overvalued given the amount of games he's played thus far, and with the concussion, I suspect he will be out 3-4 weeks. 

[/QUOTE]

you said BB vested high $$ in Amendola. if amendola doesnt play at we wont make more than 10 mil in 5 years. its the play for pay contract, little guareenteed money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Their offense was so awful last year, though, arguably the worst it the NFL, that a "25th ranked" D is not that bad at all. I kept saying that they were loaded they just needed a coach, an improved O Line, health and a better QB which SMith is over Cassel.

He, like Lombardi in Cleveland were groomed by BB. Yes.

Give Pioli a quality NFL coach, say a Gruden, a solid QB and yes, Pioli would a fine hire for any time that wants to do it right.

Pioli is a numbers guy. That's what his strength is, and if you don't have a good economics guy, you are screwed in this league.

Look at the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I said Pioli may be a good defensive talent evaluator, but not a GM.  The GM picks the coach.  The GM makes all picks.  He picked the QB.  He was responsible for it all and the team was awful. 

Not saying the guy isn't talented, but he clearly can't RUN a team. 

[/QUOTE]

Nah. The Hunts are NOTORIOUSLy cheap. Schottenheimer, Herm Edwards, an old DIckVermeil, etc. The list goes on and on and on.  Christ, Marv Levy was probably their best coach of the last 30 years.

Speaks volumes.

In this league, you need a coach and a QB. End of story. Cassel had a nice 2010 with Weis, but they took Weis away/wouldn't pay him enough to hang around.

No one was available, so they settled on Haley.  Obviously that was not a good choice, but you can only hire what the budget allows.

I think the Hunts realized this which is why they paid a handsome price for Andy Reid.

2011 was a mess of the lockout and all their injuries, too.  Not really a good way to judge a GM. But, if I am putting a team together, I could go ahead and interview Gruden and Pioli and see how if they want to work together.

Absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying Pioli wasn't given money to hire a coach?  LOL!  Quit making excuses.  How come you are bringing up Weis?  He was a coordinator.  He left because he and Haley didn't get along.  That's a Pioli problem. 

Their record under pioli was 23-41.  That's awful.  I'd give him a break seeing that he took over a 2-14 team, but his team in 2012 went 2-14.  He should have been fired.  GM's run teams.  He brought in the coaches and the players, and had the team performed better than 2-14 he might still have a job. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you said BB vested high $$ in Amendola. if amendola doesnt play at we wont make more than 10 mil in 5 years. its the play for pay contract, little guareenteed money.

[/QUOTE]
    Amendola's contract guaranteed him 10 million.  Its a 5 year 28.5 mill contract.  If Amendola doesn't perform, they'll get rid of him after 2 years.  His pay for 2 years will be 11 million.  Remaining 3 years are for 15 mill and additional play bonuses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

The two best Ds in the league, certainly the AFC, are the Pats and Chiefs. Pioli built much of that D while GM there.

BB, obviously the one here. 

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Chiefs have a good defense no doubt. But there offense is still crappy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The two best Ds in the league, certainly the AFC, are the Pats and Chiefs. Pioli built much of that D while GM there.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a great defense.  They have offensive weapons, but their QB will play the most conservative football possible.  If the d can hold, its not a bad strategy, but if they get down in a game, I don't know if they can come back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a great defense.  They have offensive weapons, but their QB will play the most conservative football possible.  If the d can hold, its not a bad strategy, but if they get down in a game, I don't know if they can come back.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i have BOwe in fantasy. such a waste of talent there. they wont be able to beat big boys with Charles their leading WR.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Amendola's contract guaranteed him 10 million.  Its a 5 year 28.5 mill contract.  If Amendola doesn't perform, they'll get rid of him after 2 years.  His pay for 2 years will be 11 million.  Remaining 3 years are for 15 mill and additional play bonuses.

[/QUOTE]

thats what i meant i forgot the specifics but my point is, no play = no pay

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    so you are saying they'll cut him after 2 yrs.  fine.  Its still 11 mill over 2 yrs and any bonus he receives + Gronk and Hernandez contract.  Its alot for players that aren't playing. 

thats what i meant i forgot the specifics but my point is, no play = no pay

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

colts receivers doing their best patriot receiver impersonation in this game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

colts receivers doing their best patriot receiver impersonation in this game.

[/QUOTE]

i need TY to get me 60 yards and a TD. please. i had him on my bench last week.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

don't want to hear it.  I have gronkowski and amendola.  When amendola went down, I picked up edelman.  your patriots are killing me.  thinking of dropping amendola and picking up collie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

i think they'll keep collie in a limited role

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think they'll keep collie in a limited role

[/QUOTE]

collie had an achilles after his concussions.  If that hasn't hurt his athleticism (big if), I'm betting the team won't be able to keep him on the bench.  Given the injuries, Collie's catches amidst others who've dropped the ball, his intelligent and skilled. 

That's my opinion.  I'll stick to it until I am proven wrong.  Which could be when he's released tomorow.