Not sold on Atlanta

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Not sold on Atlanta

Atlanta may have the same record as the Pats, but can we all please just be honest in saying that their schedule has kinda been a cakewalk. I know no game is easy in the NFL but... Here is Atlanta's 2010 schedule

Pittsburgh
    Arizona
    New Orleans
    San Fran
    Cleveland
    Philly
    Cinncinati
    Tampa Bay
    Baltimore
    St. Louis
    Green Bay
    Tampa Bay
    Carolina
    Seattle
    New Orleans
    Carolina

They have 6 tough games through the entire season. TB has a good record, but don't believe they are any good. Carolina is awful. Seattle is awful. AZ is awful. Cleveland shows they can be good but let's face it. It's Cleveland. San Fran is awful. And Cinci is awful. The only good teams they face are NO, Pitt, Philly, and Baltimore.

The Pats schedule has been far more grueling than Atlanta and I don't even think you can compare the capabilities of both teams. NE is far superior.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Not sold on Atlanta

I live down in Atlanta and I completely agree. Here, the local radio stations spend an hour every Tuesday celebrating their #1 power ranking on ESPN. They ignore rankings unless they're #1.

And I agree with the schedule but at the same time, you play the games given to you and you don't control that. Right now, my friends are screaming for a Patriots/Falcons Super Bowl and I'm warning them: with their suspect secondary, they'd better hope they don't get New England. Against Atlanta, we'll stack the box to stop Turner and bracket Tony G. I tell everyone here that historically, Tony G gets shut down against a Belichick defense.

The team I still fear (and so should Atlanta) is New Orleans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

'm a big Matt Ryan fan, from the BC days. I believe he's one of the best QB's in the league and will be for years to come. I want to see the team play in the cold. Does their division do that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Consider the Pats schedule in comparison with the Falcons.

Bengals
    Jets
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Ravens
    Chargers
    Vikings
    Browns
    Steelers
    Colts
    Lions
    Jets
    Bears
    Packers
    Bills
    Dolphins

Dolphins are subject, but they are usually a strong team. Ravens, Jets, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Bears ALL PLAYOFF TEAMS! Vikings should have been in the running as well. This was a tough schedule and the Pats have been surprising people as of late.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Not sold on Atlanta:
    [QUOTE]'m a big Matt Ryan fan, from the BC days. I believe he's one of the best QB's in the league and will be for years to come. I want to see the team play in the cold. Does their division do that?
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Haha no they do not. I'm also a Matt Ryan fan just because of what he's brought to this city in general. Since I live here, I know the fans felt when Vick was sent to prision and Bobby Quitrino skipped town. My only argument against all the local Matt Ryan homers is this: let's see him do it on the road in a big game, and in bad weather. You don't want him to become the NFC's Peyton Manning. The win at Tampa Bay was a good start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm not sold on anyone in the NFC, but you've got to give the Falcons credit for running through what the league put in front of them. They're tough at home, and it looks like at home is where they're going to be throughout the playoffs, barring something unforseen.

The Saints have Baltimore coming up, so we're going to see what we see about them. Philly is explosive if you don't keep them in front of you, and Blue New Jersey, while dangerous to quarterbacks, is erratic. Chicago we've seen and Green Bay probably won't make the playofss.

I'm not even going out west . . .   that's just ridiculous.

It's never wise to look to far into the future, but I think the AFC is a far superior conference and the Pats have beaten most of their potential playoff opponents already.

As my old Magic 8-Ball used to say . . .

"It looks promising."

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Never overlook the West. I remember I did that in 2008 after the Patriots waxed the Cardinals in another snow game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Never overlook the West. I remember I did that in 2008 after the Patriots waxed the Cardinals in another snow game.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

You make a good point, ap.

Anything can happen.

Am I misremembering, or did the Cardinals beat the Saints this year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yeah, I'll be fair and not discount any of Atlanta's wins because hey, they won the games that were put on their schedule. They're well-coached: fewest turnovers, fewest penalties, no off-field stuff.

My only point is they better be careful about overlooking someone. They're a young team that's not used to winning. The city of Atlanta is in pure elation because of their "#1 power ranking" and even though they're at home, I still see a possible upset at the hands of Philly or New Orleans, both teams that are seasoned and experienced.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not sold on Atlanta : You make a good point, ap. Anything can happen. Am I misremembering, or did the Cardinals beat the Saints this year?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yep, they did. It's almost like the Jets win over the Pats in week 2: you got the win but it was against a totally different team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would love it if one of our forum statistical gurus could figure out if it's mathematically possible for the winner of the NFC West to be 6-10.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Besides the 2 carolina games...their shedule aint that easy....I look at it this way....they have the best record in the NF, so for whats it worth...They deserve the props they recieve.....Hey we get Buffalo twice a year...but fact is, since they are division foes, its always a tough game...so I have to say the same for Carolina....Fact is...I could care less where everyone is ranked, as long as we are the last ones standing...it dont matter who is ranked where....We can all agree right now, we look better than the rest....That being said...anything less than a SB is a bust...even tho we came in with low expectations...Its not the reality anymore....the reality is we have a chance at a bye, and everytime that happens...History is made....lets keep it rollng....Green Bay aint gonna derail us either...not with that shyt they rolled out there yesterday....lets just stay focused and see if we can espace Miami and Buffalo who will be stiffer tests than G.B.....IMO
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think if we win against Green Bay and Buffalo, we can essentially clinch #1. I know Bill won't fully rest starters against Miami but he'll take them out after 3 quarters. With the way Brady's playing, I wouldn't risk SITTING HIM and ruininig that sync he has with his guys.