Notes from camp!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Notes from camp!

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- It was an eventful start to Patriots minicamp on Tuesday, as a swarm of media was in town for the arrival of new quarterback Tim Tebow. But, as Bill Belichick spoke about during his pre-practice press conference, Tuesday marked an important day for the entire team to continue its offseason improvement.

Below are our observations from the on-field session, which was held in helmets and shorts on the practice fields at Gillette Stadium:

1. Tebow in focus. To quickly address Tim Tebow's day of work, as there's abundant interest in his performance, we didn't see a ton today as he was officially signed roughly an hour before practice. He worked alongside Tom Brady and Ryan Mallett during individual and position-specific drills, but did not take part in the team drills (7 on 7, 11 on 11), save for a brief "opportunity period" at the conclusion of the session. The opportunity period is designed for younger/new players. Tebow's performance in the drills was in line with what we expected: he didn't throw with the same zip and accuracy as Brady and Mallett, but he did make some nice throws that displayed both touch and anticipation. Tebow is well-built and has short, choppy steps in his pocket movements. He has an elongated release, including a hitch at the top of his deliberate throwing motion. Overall, there was nothing that stood out in an overly positive or negative way; he'll be an intriguing player to watch when the pads come on at training camp.

2. Attendance notes. Four players were not spotted at practice on Tuesday: tight end Rob Gronkowski, wide receiver Julian Edelman, offensive lineman Nick McDonald and defensive lineman Marcus Forston. In addition, wide receiver Donald Jones worked on the stationary bike (he previously had not shown any limitations during OTA's). Tight end Aaron Hernandez continued to work on a limited basis, and a group of roughly a dozen players spent part of the practice working at the Patriots' indoor facility. That group included running backs Stevan Ridley and Brandon Bolden, as well as rookie receiver Aaron Dobson. Cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, who went down at a recent OTA, was on the field, but spent most of the session working off to the sideline. He did not take part in team drills.

3. Spikes debuts. As expected, linebacker Brandon Spikes made his offseason debut for the Patriots, as he opted to skip OTA's while training elsewhere. Spikes was part of the group that went indoors for a portion of the session, but he eventually returned and did take some reps in team drills. As far as how he looked, it's still too soon to tell, but he told reporters that he feels "the best I've ever felt."

4. Tryout players on hand as well. Five players were on hand that were not listed on the roster; presumably they are trying out this week, something that is allowed during minicamp. No names are known of the tryout group, but there was a running back, wide receiver, offensive lineman, defensive lineman and linebacker in the group.

5. Good day for pair of wide receivers. A pair of receivers other than Danny Amendola (who was once again all over the field) caught our attention: undrafted rookie Kenbrell Thompkins and Lavelle Hawkins. Thompkins has excellent size (6-1,190) and he's aggressive at the point of the catch. He attacked downfield throws and beat defensive backs in competitive catch situations, including one reception over both Ras-I Dowling and Steve Gregory. Hawkins, who has previously been more of a slot presence, made a couple of nice catches outside of him frame, also showing strong field awareness to keep his feet in bounds.

6. Nice day for Ryan. Rookie cornerback Logan Ryan had a strong day, picking off a pass and breaking up another. The rap on Ryan based off of draft research was that he lacked top end speed. In watching him today, it felt as though he was always just fast enough to stick with whichever wide receiver he was covering. He has good length, too.

7. Wilson flies around. There was talk in Arizona that Adrian Wilson had shown signs of age during his last season with the team, but he was flying around on Tuesday. He broke up a pair of passes on throws across the middle of the field and picked off a pass that was thrown by a wide receiver. With his size, we know Wilson can and will be a factor against the run. His ability to defend the pass would be a nice boost for the secondary.

8. Some general notes. The quarterbacks worked on move-the-pocket throws early in practice. After taking a snap, they'd drop back, slide to one side or another and direct their receivers to open space. It looks nearly effortless for Mallett to make strong throws down the field. He's not lacking in that department... The offense worked on some move-the-field situations, and it also looked like there was a brief period dedicated to two-minute offense type situations... The punt and punt return teams were in focus for special teams today.

9. Brian Kelly in attendance. A special guest was on the field for the Patriots, as Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly (and another gentleman wearing Notre Dame apparel) took in the practice. Kelly, a native of Everett, Mass., enters his fourth season as the Notre Dame head coach. The Patriots have one player from Notre Dame, as they recent signed kicker David Ruffer.

10. Daboll aids in opportunity session. A thought on the role of assistant coach Brian Daboll: During opportunity periods, it's a plus to have someone like him around given his recent experience as a coordinator. Daboll, Dante Scarnecchia, Ivan Fears and Chad O'Shea were on the field for the opportunity period (while other offensive coaches focused on the veteran players on the other field), and Daboll is likely a valuable resource for communication with the quarterback.

sounds good. Thanks for the feedback, NMD

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

see me after camp and preseason regarding Wilson and Ryan...leave it to you to get excited after 2 sessions of camp. how old are you? 15? is this your first go around with these sorts of articles? werent you giddy regarding Gallery, Gonzalez and Chung last year? Werent you the guy who thought Merri was going to be a perrenial all pro? McCouty a better CB than Revis? when will you learn?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

see me after camp and preseason regarding Wilson and Ryan...leave it to you to get excited after 2 sessions of camp. how old are you? 15? is this your first go around with these sorts of articles? werent you giddy regarding Gallery, Gonzalez and Chung last year? Werent you the guy who thought Merri was going to be a perrenial all pro? McCouty a better CB than Revis? when will you learn?

This is what this tool bag does. Take these players that he is now wetting his pants over, if they fail he will deny having a love affair over them. It's the same old stuff every year for him - he knows very little regarding football (and hockey for that matter).

This is the same guy that peed his pants when Dowling ran ten yards in a straight line last year. This is the same guy that told everyone "the warnings were out people" when Tavon Wilson made a tackle in training camp last year. This is the same guy that said we needed to trade Brady after he threw a pick in the Cardinal's loss last year. The guy loves Fenene for god's sake. He thinks Jermaine Cunningham is a "much better player" than Carlos Dunlap. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

This is what this tool bag does. Take these players that he is now wetting his pants over, if they fail he will deny having a love affair over them. It's the same old stuff every year for him - he knows very little regarding football (and hockey for that matter).

This is the same guy that peed his pants when Dowling ran ten yards in a straight line last year. This is the same guy that told everyone "the warnings were out people" when Tavon Wilson made a tackle in training camp last year. This is the same guy that said we needed to trade Brady after he threw a pick in the Cardinal's loss last year. The guy loves Fenene for god's sake. He thinks Jermaine Cunningham is a "much better player" than Carlos Dunlap. 

You two are just the most miserable and angry people I think I've ever seen. This is a Pats board. I "peed my pants" because there is good or positive news?  God forbid Pats fans want to hear positive feedback.    You two are just two middle aged angry losers.

Did you not say just 2 months ago you "wished BB did what the Jets did" into the lockout in terms of teambuilding? And you think you have a leg to stand on with your buddy RKrap, do ya? bwahaha

I also don't recall ever saying a word about Dowling other than I hope his hip problem is fixed and he can stay healthy to play. He didn't.

All you two hyenas do is run around here and lie about what I say specific to a player or a situation.  Next, you'll claim I love Tim Tebow's future as an NFL QB which of course will be another lie.

And, I can guarantee you right now, MOST people who post here are sick and tired of you and Rkrap's games.

Didn't you two angry inbreds say Adrian Wilson is too old and not a great signing?  LOL! Hey, remeber when I called the Tommy Kelly signing because of his 3-4 experience and the fact he was outplaying Seymour the last 2 years in Oakland? lol

Yeah.  Enjoy your little days of being miserable whining about BB and his brilliant work here as GM here recently as you ignore Brady's GARBAGE postseason play for a QB of that caliber, because your little game here is coming to an end. 

A future HOF SS, the best the NFC has seen the last decade, is too old and not a good pickup as he bangs down our door in Foxborough. Oh, that Bill Belichick is such a meanie!

How was Cupcake Class today, Mt Hurl?  School out yet? Must stink not having AC in the classrooms this time of year, huh?

PS I never, ever used the words "much better" in describing Cunningham over Dunlap. I specifically said if BB wanted a guy he could coach into the 3-4, a better football IQ, etc, it's likely why he chose Cunningham.  Dunlap is a one trick pony. He doesn't want that from his players on defense.   He likes options. 

Hey you don't mind of I start copying some of the incredible dumb predictions you make into a word format, do you? I'd like to then paste it on threads to prove all the stuff you keep saying you didn't say...was really said. I think this will clear some of the back and forth....I didn't say that...you people lie, stuff that goes on.

You cool with that? I promise it will all be for some good quality fun:) sound good?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I did say Wilson lost 2 steps and wished the Pats signed a younger player. I stand by my comments and lets see in camp

I liked the Kelly signing, and stated so at the time...wanted another player signed on top of Kelly

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why was his post removed????  Now we can't even discuss the day at camp without the mods behaving like trolls?

This is getting out of control.

Anyway, great stuff, especially about Amendola, Logan Ryan and Adrian Wilson looking spry and breaking up passes.   RKrap and Mt Hurl on the watch.

He didnt provide the link so it falls under the copyright catagory

[/QUOTE]

Good work APpats.!  Maybe Rusty should learn the forum rules before he starts questioning the mods.  Oh heck!  What do we expect!  He doesn't know the facts before he posts football comments so how could we expect any differently with this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Disregarding the omnipresent flame skirmish, thanks for the update NMD.  Good stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good update NMD but it looks like the mods are really cracking down on the forum rules lately (somewhat of a good thing imo) so just make sure you provide a link next time  :p

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Aight I'll remember that from now on Sorry guys!

(Bruschi) ," I think this is what they were looking for, they aint got it...they aint got it".

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rusty let me give you a hint. If you are calling out people to have posts deleted or to get them banned because of name calling maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't name call in that post!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rusty let me give you a hint. If you are calling out people to have posts deleted or to get them banned because of name calling maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't name call in that post!

Why isn't Hurl's iniatited post with namecalling deleted then?   You don't see how that's hypocritical?

Also, if they were so concerned about copyright infringement (totally bogus policy, by the way as people cut and paste stuff all over the web constantly) why isn't TriplIG's quoted response as the second post, deleted?

Hint: Don't defend hypocrites.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it's hypocritical I was merely pointing out that if you are going to cry foul for getting deleted or banned when others don't you don't have a leg to stand on when you do the same act in that post. If you want them to get deleted and banned then it would be hypocritical for you to not want to get deleted or banned for the same issue

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I nailed , the Jets collapse

As did myself and a dozen or more others. LMAO@U

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Why isn't Hurl's iniatited post with namecalling deleted then?   You don't see how that's hypocritical?

Also, if they were so concerned about copyright infringement (totally bogus policy, by the way as people cut and paste stuff all over the web constantly) why isn't TriplIG's quoted response as the second post, deleted?

Hint: Don't defend hypocrites.

Of course it's hypocritical I was merely pointing out that if you are going to cry foul for getting deleted or banned when others don't you don't have a leg to stand on when you do the same act in that post. If you want them to get deleted and banned then it would be hypocritical for you to not want to get deleted or banned for the same issue

You do realize I do that to prove it's hypocritical, right?  For example, Meadowlands Mike who is Phat Rex called me a name and the mods haven't done anything about it.

I also think "toolbag" is worse than me calling Hurllie "Cupcake". 

Only me being censored while they protect trolls is all the proof I need that they aren't consistent here. I've never really been banned legitimately here.   Absolute truth. Babe, Hurl can run free tossing out names left and right and have never been banned.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize I'm trying to say that you'd make a stronger point if you weren't hypocritical in your posts about being hypocritical? That's the reason for the hint. Don't be hypocritical if you want to be taken seriously about the random deletions. Think of it like a PED suspensions. First offense they may let it slip, second time they slap you on the wrist, third time they take it seriously. I think the mods lost count on how many times you've crossed the line. Maybe, they are a bit less strict with others because they aren't repeat offenders and only name call when antagonized by the lead offender. Maybe, they are quicker on the trigger because you are the main antagonizer and major repeat offender. Hypocritical, yep, but things are a lot nicer and friendly for that short period when then main antagonizer is off the board