Now I see why Bodden was available...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toe219. Show Toe219's posts

Now I see why Bodden was available...

He can't tackle, takes bad angles, and he can't cover anyone... He's going to be an anchor for the rest of the time he's in New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: Now I see why Bodden was available...

Wow, you're so right... not.

He's been applauded for his tackling ability and he has been solid in coverage most of the time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Right now all our DB's need help from something called a pass rush.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

In Response to Re: Now I see why Bodden was available...:
    [QUOTE]Right now all our DB's need help from something called a pass rush.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also don't understand the "play off 10 yds when they heed 5 for a 1st down" strategy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]Right now all our DB's need help from something called a pass rush.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Was nice to see Chung and AdT get sacks but we need more pressure agreed. Bodden is a work in progress but i thought he had a good game overall. Meriweather on the other hand had some bad plays today and McGowan is my favorite DB no doubts, i wish we had more guys like him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

playing back when you need five yards to get a first down, is most definitly understandable i would rather see the opposing team get a first down than rip off a big play because you were playing man coverage. and bodden is a good player hes not the best tackling DB but he can make a tackle when he needs too. he almost had an interception because of how well he covered, i think it was devon bess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

wow, i cant believe you are available as a GM, you are a really great personnel evaluator. 
    Bodden has been really good all season, including today. your posts are an anchor on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maz. Show Maz's posts

[QUOTE]playing back when you need five yards to get a first down, is most definitly understandable i would rather see the opposing team get a first down than rip off a big play because you were playing man coverage. and bodden is a good player hes not the best tackling DB but he can make a tackle when he needs too. he almost had an interception because of how well he covered, i think it was devon bess.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

Do you not get enough of seeing 6 yd catches when they need 5 for a 1st down? I do! The Pats have real problems getting off the field on 3rd down. If the DB's are not good enough to play then get new ones. I think that they are. I especially like the kids they drafted this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now I see why Bodden was available... : Do you not get enough of seeing 6 yd catches when they need 5 for a 1st down? I do! The Pats have real problems getting off the field on 3rd down. If the DB's are not good enough to play then get new ones. I think that they are. I especially like the kids they drafted this year.
    Posted by Maz[/QUOTE]

I thought they were alittle passive today on defense. The DB's played well off the WR's for most of the game. The thing is when they blitzed and played up on the line they were successful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

You clearly know nothing about football.  Bodden is our best cornerback, is BY FAR the best tackler of the bunch, and has been better than good all season.   You are clueless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

the DB's arnt really the problem we need just a tiny bit more of  a pass rush, you cant expect the DB's to cover for more than 2 to 3 seconds, sure i get sick of seeing 6 7 yard completions but i get really mad when the pats give up big plays, which by the way hasnt happened nearly as much as it did last year not nearly as much hardly ever to be exact..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Now I see why you are not a NFL GM, you know squat about football. The Defense had to play a little passive today. When they played pressure defense the WC made them look like the 2008 defense, by the 3rd quarter, Belichick and his boys had that figured out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Before todays' game Bodden was third on the team in tackles. He is in my opinion a huge upgrade over Hobbs. I hope we sign him after this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Bodden has been our best corner this year, for better or worse, and he had a very solid game today. Are you sure this is the initial post you want to make on this forum, Toe219?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In all my time on this board I don't think I've ever seen a post more wrong than this one...  Bodden is far and away our best corner.  I feel a little dumber just by responding to this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now I see why Bodden was available... : Do you not get enough of seeing 6 yd catches when they need 5 for a 1st down? I do! The Pats have real problems getting off the field on 3rd down. If the DB's are not good enough to play then get new ones. I think that they are. I especially like the kids they drafted this year.
    Posted by Maz[/QUOTE]

I agree that our defense doesn't look too great, but they are up there in statistics, particularly on 3 and outs. Apart from being totally shredded on that one drive (I have no idea why they stopped using that setup), our defense was dominant. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Anytime we give up 17 pts or less I'll take it. With our offense,we should win every game if our defense can hold a team to 17 pts. If we fail to score less than 17 pts. and lose ,then I blame the offense.