Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!

Honestly, I had an awful time getting into this year's Pats as they moved through the first 5 games- they were horrible.  Everyone (i.e. press, coaches, fans) concluded that they needed to improve.  What a vast improvement over the past few weeks.  This lets everyone knonw, particularly the team itself, that they can score and play ball.  Now, of course, it's a matter of execution.

Quite frankly, I'm noticing a few people (e.g. Meriweather) start to shine.  Hopdefylly, this will become contagious on defense.  Although they've played a couple of sorry teams, this Patriots team really needed to air it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!

Don't you think that the last 2 teams NE has played are a combined 0-13 might have a something to do with it??

Don't be such a fairweather fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!:
    [QUOTE]Don't you think that the last 2 teams NE has played are a combined 0-13 might have a something to do with it?? Don't be such a fairweather fan!
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

LoL!  For the first 5 weeks I criticised the team because I did not like their play.  Many claimed I was a fair weather fan; jumped off the wagon.  Of course, a slew of professionals jumped into the act and stated quite clearly: The defense needs to play better; the offense needs to play better; the QB needs to play better.

The team came out and played football for the whole 60 minutes following that barage of healthy chats and postings.  Good on them!  They now look like a team that realises their potential, instead of a strggling team hoping that winning one half might earn them a win in the standings.

Now, some clown comes out and states that one is a "fair weather fan" for making notice of the good play.  (This is like being tossed between the liberals and conservatives.)

The bottom line is: the team is playing well; they are beating up the bad teams, as good teams should.  That in itself is a win.  Hopefully, they can leverage this approach for their big three games coming up against the nyj, Colts, an Saints.  If they play well for 60 minites, they should be OK (i.e. good chance to win) against any team.  Otherwise, they will take the loss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phluff17. Show phluff17's posts

the 2 games against the Dolphins in the next 5 don't count as big games??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]the 2 games against the Dolphins in the next 5 don't count as big games??
    Posted by phluff17[/QUOTE]
     yes they do...every division game is a big game.

the game that matters least is the saints game, but its still a needed win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I understand what the poster was saying.  Before, it was different,  last year was about Cassel getting better, this year, with the D blowed up (yes, I know it is not a real word, it's a joke)  and so much happening with that side, you didnt know what you would get, then the O refused to show up, and you see the team looking very mediocre, something we aren't used to.  And you (well me) start to wonder if maybe Pioli WAS the brains after all.  Then you see it all fall together and you begin to believe.  I think this happens to the players, too.  Fair weather isn't it.  It's going into a game expecting you can win.  Suprised when you don't.  If you arent like that, O.K., but I for one, am.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, that was barely coherent.  I feel that the identity left with all the marquee players that left, were traded, retired, etc.  Brady and Faulk were all that we had left.  And the defense, (which disappointed the last 3 years) lost its final 3 names in Bruschi, Vrable and Harrison.  So new defense, non Patriot offense, made it hard to get a handle on this team.  Now the picture is coming in to focus, and Me likes it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I love the Pats too.  All I'm saying is let's see how they play against Miami, NO, Indy and the Jets before we say how awesome they are.  They did what they were supposed to the past 2 weeks but Tenn and TB are woeful teams right now so it's not 100% about the Pats playing better than they were earlier.  You have to also consider the opposition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I had an awful time getting into this year's Pats as they moved through the first 5 games- they were horrible.  Everyone (i.e. press, coaches, fans) concluded that they needed to improve.  What a vast improvement over the past few weeks.  This lets everyone knonw, particularly the team itself, that they can score and play ball.  Now, of course, it's a matter of execution. Quite frankly, I'm noticing a few people (e.g. Meriweather) start to shine.  Hopdefylly, this will become contagious on defense.  Although they've played a couple of sorry teams, this Patriots team really needed to air it out.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that you're excited about the team again, but since we arguably played 2 of the worst 5 teams in the NFL - how could you conclude that we're "vastly improved"?  As I see it, they beat two teams they are "supposed to" beat.

Have they improved, yes, for some things. Whether that means we improve how they play in all 3 areas of the game by seasons end? who knows. time will tell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I would be careful what I took away from convincing wins against the junior varsity from Tampa and Nashville. Those are not NFL teams.

The Pats have three key division games and two powerhoused in their next five.

Whether you're "into it" or not, we're going to know exaclty what we've got with this New England team when this stretch is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

Mods, can you delete this thread?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]I understand what the poster was saying.  Before, it was different,  last year was about Cassel getting better, this year, with the D blowed up (yes, I know it is not a real word, it's a joke)  and so much happening with that side, you didnt know what you would get, then the O refused to show up, and you see the team looking very mediocre, something we aren't used to.  And you (well me) start to wonder if maybe Pioli WAS the brains after all.  Then you see it all fall together and you begin to believe.  I think this happens to the players, too.  Fair weather isn't it.  It's going into a game expecting you can win.  Suprised when you don't.  If you arent like that, O.K., but I for one, am.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

More positively, Brady and the team responded to the criticisms by the coaches and media.  Hopefully, they will takes the positive steps that they made and build on them with consistency.  Personally, I'll cheer a loss if they play well for 60 minutes.  The team certainly looks much better!  They couldn't have taken it easy against the winless teams, but played hard for 60...well done.  (There is no shame for wining big.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, that was barely coherent.  I feel that the identity left with all the marquee players that left, were traded, retired, etc.  Brady and Faulk were all that we had left.  And the defense, (which disappointed the last 3 years) lost its final 3 names in Bruschi, Vrable and Harrison.  So new defense, non Patriot offense, made it hard to get a handle on this team.  Now the picture is coming in to focus, and Me likes it.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I noticed that Chung and Butler were getting involved; Meriweather is starting to step up.  Hopefully Warren won't be out long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team! : Glad to hear that you're excited about the team again, but since we arguably played 2 of the worst 5 teams in the NFL - how could you conclude that we're "vastly improved"?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

The defense showed up; has given up only 7 in the past two games.  In addition, some of th younger guys are getting involved.

The offense is playing without Matt Light and still giving Brady what he needs to throw.  Can you say "Sea Bass?"

Brady has put up at least 35 for the past two games and is finding his touch with Welker in the lineup.

Personally, I don't want to hear about records.  Any NFL team and show up, regardless of their record, and play tough.  (They are all NFL players- period.)  The Pats played got 60, as opposed to 30.  Just gettig used to spreading the offense out and will remind them of what they can do.  There really hadn't been many long receptions, until recently...moire good news.

FYI: I've been into the team, but really anticipated a more productive start (of the season).  However, I'll take this as a start if they can continue to put up points and make it tough for the opposition to score as many.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I love the Pats too.  All I'm saying is let's see how they play against Miami, NO, Indy and the Jets before we say how awesome they are.  They did what they were supposed to the past 2 weeks but Tenn and TB are woeful teams right now so it's not 100% about the Pats playing better than they were earlier.  You have to also consider the opposition.

Why would the next game or two matter. You are into your team or you are not. You stick with them in the losses as well as the wins. I see a team ALL YEAR that has been fighting to become great, that despite key losses of players and coaches is determined to "not go into that good night".

We are now playing at a level that can win every game ahead, but can also lose, because that is football.

Fans that blow with the wind,,,,,just blow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Why would the next game or two matter. You are into your team or you are not. You stick with them in the losses as well as the wins. I see a team ALL YEAR that has been fighting to become great, that despite key losses of players and coaches is determined to "not go into that good night".

We are now playing at a level that can win every game ahead, but can also lose, because that is football.

Fans that blow with the wind,,,,,just blow."

Uhhh, gmbill, if you go back to the original post and my response, I'm saying the same thing you are. 

As far as what the next few games matter, I'm not saying I'll like the team more or less, I'm saying it will give us a better indication of how good they are at this point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Personally, I don't want to hear about records.  Any NFL team and show up, regardless of their record, and play tough.  (They are all NFL players- period.)"

Do you really believe that B Town??  Personally you may not care about records but I think that's a ridiculous comment.  TB is terrible.  They've jettisoned almost all their good players, have no experienced QB's other than Leftwich who they've already benched, are millions below the cap, and have a GM and head coach with no experience in their current positions.  If you think this was the same as beating Indy 35-7 good luck to ya.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]I love the Pats too.  All I'm saying is let's see how they play against Miami, NO, Indy and the Jets before we say how awesome they are.  They did what they were supposed to the past 2 weeks but Tenn and TB are woeful teams right now so it's not 100% about the Pats playing better than they were earlier.  You have to also consider the opposition. Why would the next game or two matter. You are into your team or you are not. You stick with them in the losses as well as the wins. I see a team ALL YEAR that has been fighting to become great, that despite key losses of players and coaches is determined to "not go into that good night". We are now playing at a level that can win every game ahead, but can also lose, because that is football. Fans that blow with the wind,,,,,just blow.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%  You're either in or you're out!!  If you can't get "into" a team when they are struggling, but you suddenly become all excited after two big wins, what's going to stop you from becoming uninterested with the team if they lose two straight?  I'm pretty sure that's the definition of a fair weather fan...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplav. Show dplav's posts

win or lose, the next 5 games are going to be hard fought and exciting to watch.If thats not good enough for you,sorry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team! : The defense showed up; has given up only 7 in the past two games.  In addition, some of th younger guys are getting involved. The offense is playing without Matt Light and still giving Brady what he needs to throw.  Can you say "Sea Bass?" Brady has put up at least 35 for the past two games and is finding his touch with Welker in the lineup. Personally, I don't want to hear about records.  Any NFL team and show up, regardless of their record, and play tough.  (They are all NFL players- period.)  The Pats played got 60, as opposed to 30.  Just gettig used to spreading the offense out and will remind them of what they can do.  There really hadn't been many long receptions, until recently...moire good news. FYI: I've been into the team, but really anticipated a more productive start (of the season).  However, I'll take this as a start if they can continue to put up points and make it tough for the opposition to score as many.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I'm not convinced that the D has "vastly" gotten better by beating up on two of the worst teams in the NFL.  I've stated plenty of times that our defense has not been so good since 2007 - and that statement goes beyond numbers.  Our defensive flaws didn't show up because we were keeping our defense off the field by scoring so many points. The same thing is true in the past two games. Although enthusiasm is always a good thing, I think the patriots performance is overstated for the past couple of games.

Bring the subject up again after we play the next 5 games....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Dude, you are a fairweather. You can cheer for them when they win 59-0 and 36-7, but when they are 3-2 in the standings you lose intrest? The fact that you so openly declared you fairweather attitude is amazing "Now, I'm getting into this Patriots team!".

You are wagon fan, my friend.  

The only weather this team needs is a Meriweather, no fairweathers!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

The team is getting better, irregardless of the teams they beat.  Guys are playing hard and both offense and defense are improving.  Will they win the Super Bowl?  Let's take it one game at a time, good time for the bye to heal some injuries and get ready for Miami.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VMIPatsFan. Show VMIPatsFan's posts

How can you not be excited about the Pats this year?  First of all the defense is way better than expected now that we have gotten rid of some beloved old times  and actually have some speed on defense.  Everyone is talking about how great Merriweather is this year (which he is) but I think the McGowan is having a break out season.  Every single play he is near the ball and he delivers huge hits.  The offense is starting to click and we are going to get healthy the next two weeks; look out fins!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The point is this:  no matter WHAT the records, or who the team was, Tom Brady hit receivers.  That didnt happen against the Jets or Denver, or much at all in the first 5 games.  And its happening now.  He is getting rushed, and having to move in the pocket, and now he is hitting his throws.  We didnt lose to either team because they were great, we lost because we couldnt make plays, mostly in the passing game.  That is fixed, so we will go forward with that component of our team fixed, and the defense didnt give up big points in ANY game so far, so that wasnt a problem, they are also tighter now.  I think this is a HUGE improvement, and has NOTHING to do with the abilities of either the Titans or Tampa Bay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.S. 49Patriots, go eat some more lemons.  Calling guys fairweather because they were ho hum about the performance of our team is silly.  You sound like one of those Steeler fans.  Don't be ignorant. His point was there wasnt alot to love up to now.  If you saw there was, I dont know what you were looking at.  Be honest, Buffalo kicked our butts all over the place.  Only last minute heroics and a VERY unlikely (well, actually, not unlikely for Buffalo)  mistake gave us that W.  And although I thought the D did well against the Jets, the offense was totally off.  So the point is valid as far as I'm concerned, I guess you will call me a fairweather now.  Even though I'm out here in the middle of pennsylvania paying 300 bucks a year for Sunday Ticket so i can see my team, and getting my Patriots mailbox knocked down every 2 weeks by rabid Amish Eagles fans.