NY media: one word- Aweful!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

NY media: one word- Aweful!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=howard_johnette&id=5078659

They have all but crowned Jets as the super bowl winner. I hope we dont start a  'duck' measuring contest to see who is bigger, but I sure hope we shut them down, just to run their media's nose in dog doody.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Re: NY media: one word- Aweful!

I think you mean awful , but anyway. Listen if this were the PATS making these moves Id be pumped. Ive always been a Cromartie fan , last year the Chargers had absolutely no pass rush , he was hardly their biggest problem. He belongs in a "read/attack" D scheme like the jets play. Listen AC isnt a true number one corner , hes a very good athlete and a solid corner , a second tier type player. Pairing him w/ Revis will be huge , but playing on a team that plays balls to the wall great team D will benifit him the most. Now we have Holmes going to NY , even though he's going to miss a month its still a steal. Hes not a true number one WR , but hes pretty good and will fit in nice there. If it were up to me Id swtich Edwards to the X position and have Holmes as your flanker with J.C. in the slot. Listen nobody should be crowning them anytime soon! Lets be honest here , they backed their way into the playoffs and still needed help doing that. If teams didnt lay down the last two games they'd be sitting at home. Combine that w/ the fact that the AFC EAST plays a very hard schedule this year and everyone's going to be gunning for them this year. Their not sneaking up on anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What is disgusting, trashy article. This writer is going off of nothing but assumptions.

"Has it really taken less than a year for the Jets to roll out a new stadium, a new franchise quarterback and a swaggering, smashmouth, extravagantly talented team that will be a trendy pick to win it all in 2010?"

Wow, Sanchez is already a franchise quarterback? 12 TDs, 20 INTs, and a 53% completion percentage is franchise? He had a 63 QB rating!!! 27 other starters had a higher QB rating than Sanchez did. That's a ridiculous statement.

"Just to win the AFC East, New England suddenly has to defeat a Jets team that features the best defense in football from this past season and an offense that should be among the top three or four in the league if second-year quarterback Mark Sanchez doesn't muck it up"

I thought franchise QBs don't muck up the offense. My mistake. Seriously? the top three to four offense in the league? The Jets were 20th in the league last season in yards per game and 17th in total points. They were also 17th in the league in turnovers. Sorry, but that's smack dab in the middle of the league. So you're telling me they are supposed to go from offensive mediocrity to a top 3-4 offense?

Here are some notable offenses: New Orleans, Colts, Pats (finished 3rd in the league in yards per game and 6th in points scored), Packers, Chargers, Dallas, Texans.... I could keep going. Hell, even the Dolphins had more points scored than the Jets.

"A lot of reminders that Belichick has some extra second-round picks to play with in the draffffffffffft. Sorry. Fell asleep with my finger stuck on the "F" key.Belichick will need those extra picks."

Uh, huh. So the draft is boring and the Pats owning loads of picks in a stacked draft doesn't mean anything? Come on, that's insane. The team that won the division last season has loads of picks to become more talented, and you're criticizing them for that?

"The Patriots got a few championships. But it's over now. Done. Thanks for the memories."

Lets wait to see what happens before saying they're toast. They did win the division over those mighty JETS, who shouldn't have even made the playoffs to begin with.

I could keep picking the article apart, but I feel like i've already put more work into my post than this "journalist" put into her article. What a joke!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Yeah, this article has been making the rounds tonight. It's so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say. I mean how do you respond to someone who thinks the Jets have the top 3 offense in the league?

Mike Reiss wrote a nice counter:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=5079542

"Has it really taken less than a year for the Jets to roll out a new stadium, a new franchise quarterback and a swaggering, smashmouth, extravagantly talented team that will be a trendy pick to win it all in 2010?"

LOL!! Are we sure someone from The Onion didn't hijack this article?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: NY media: one word- Aweful!:
    Yeah, this article has been making the rounds tonight. It's so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say. I mean how do you respond to someone who thinks the Jets have the top 3 offense in the league? Mike Reiss wrote a nice counter: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=5079542
    Posted by KellieMB

This shows how much class do the NY media writers have. Reiss made his point across without sounding pompous or arrogant. Again, superbowl is not won in apr. Wait! According to NY media, it sure does!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Yeah, this article has been making the rounds tonight. It's so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say. I mean how do you respond to someone who thinks the Jets have the top 3 offense in the league? Mike Reiss wrote a nice counter: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=5079542 "Has it really taken less than a year for the Jets to roll out a new stadium, a new franchise quarterback and a swaggering, smashmouth, extravagantly talented team that will be a trendy pick to win it all in 2010?" LOL!! Are we sure someone from The Onion didn't hijack this article?
    Posted by KellieMB

Great article by Reiss, thanks for sharing. He was the reason I started coming to this site. His articles were always quality and reflected his love and knowledge of football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Let's see a new espn outlet with new reporters spewing sensationalize headlines, go figure.

Plus what kinda creditability can some lady who appears to be wearing an adjustable hair helmet have.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Guys, we really should be thanking the Jets, their fans and the NY "journalists".

To think we were actually going to watch the 2010 season! Now we already know who wins the Super Bowl! See you next year!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Let's see a new espn outlet with new reporters spewing sensationalize headlines, go figure. Plus what kinda creditability can some lady who appears to be wearing an adjustable hair helmet have.
    Posted by Tcal2

LOL, that isn't a lady, looks like a man, and the name gives it away. use to be John, is now Johnette

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Forget about the article and forget about everyone else jumping on their wagon. The moves they made this offseason has help their team , Im soory theres just no debating that. I still dont see the point in getting rid of Jones and then signing LT , a lesser back , for the same $. Besides that you have to like everything else. Rhodes never really fit in there style of D , hes strictly a ballhawking FS. Like the PATS and other teams I think the jets are moving towards playing S's that they can use interchangeably. A.C. will fit in great in their "read and attack" style of D , like I said in my other post A.C. will benifit more from playing w/ a team that play great team D than playing alongside Revis. IMHO thats why Revis is so good , Ryans D's have always played great together as a team , everyone is on the same page , has each others back and does their job to the best of their ability. Dont get me wrong Revis is a great talent , but theres no denying that they have a great scheme and players that fit and buy into it. IMHO it seems alot of you guys are scared , its ok to admit another team is getting better. Do you really think they have got worse this off season? They've got better , theres no denying that and theres nothing wrong w/ admitting it either. Sorry but thats what it seems like , you cant admit that they have got better , so you make fun of them. Does anybody really doubt that A.C. wont fit in great there? Is there any doubt that Holmes wont make that receiving corp better? Yea he's not a truw number one , but hes a very good player who still in the prime of his career. IMHO he makes the whole O better. Edwards can move into the X position , Holmes can play flanker and J.C. can move into the slot. That rec. corp , Keller at TE , Washington as their factor back  and Green/LT carrying the rock behind a top 5 O-line...seriously thats a dangerous O. And you guys sound more foolish talking about dirty Sanchez , yea he didnt have a great first year , hes a rookie , Im not sure if you noticed LOL. Theres no denying the fact that he has everything one would want in a QB. He has very good footwork and pocket awareness. Hes already one of the best QB's rolling out of the pocket , great arm and can make every throw one needs to make to be a great QB one day. No hes not best right now , but hes been an NFL QB for about an hour and a half. We need to stop ignoring the obvious here , the jets are getting better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Alright you arrogant Pats Fans, As of this very moment I'm turning my allegiance from NE to NY...AND So, I'm gonna debunk and dethrown some of the outrageous assumptions which you're throwing both towards The NY Jets & The Writer of his article...

FIRST off tcal, Ha-haha...sooo funny, saying that this writer has "an adjustable hair helmet" and thus "no credibility."  But let me tell ya a few things there bud, First: Female balding is NO laughing matter, and Second: When your parents name you "Johnette", what's a person to do?  Am I a woman or am I a man...hmm, Let's see, since my parent hedged their bets on this one, better to myself, play mid-field here at least on the hairdo, bare minimum...so I'm best stickin' with the fe-man Afro for life.

Which brings me to "Johnette's" writing prowess & skill, of which magic starts to make light of...  But personally, I found the writer's style, together radically genius & at once, elegantly simple.  Like when she states:  "All of which New England answered over the winter with, well, what? A lot of reminders that Belichick has some extra second-round picks to play with in the draffffffffffft.  Sorry.  Fell asleep with my finger stuck on the "F" key."  I believe BOTH Kurt Vonnegut & Mark Twain, used a similiar word-play technique of adding 10 extra letters on words, in order to play whimsical & hilarious.

Which brings me full-scale, To "Johnette's" premises on the upcoming 2010-11Season for The Jets...  So What IF this writer states, How NY will be the favorite to be Superbowl Champions in this upcoming year...sure it sounds just a tad presumptious.  But see, They SHOULD be...I mean second year Coach & QB with a 60-something QB rating in charge of a volatile Locker-Room of massive egos.  Yet Magicalhobo himself, Illustrates Mark Sanchez's skills, when magic points out that there were 28 League Starters who had a better rating than Sanchez...To me at least, this says one thing: THAT'S 4 QBs who Mark Sanchez, simply BURIED.

ALSO, I mean-yea, the following just could come off as rather umm-a bit exageratted, As "Johnette" says, "The Jets aren't just stronger Super Bowl contenders now than they were when they and the Patriots went to sleep Sunday night.  With Ryan around, it's fair to ask whether anything scares the Jets."  But in Rex Ryan's Defense on this one, I hear that Johnette's doing a follow-up piece about- How Rex Ryan has cured cancer...after he stumbled upon the fountain of youth (in the Meadowlands no less), and thus-Is now immortal.

So there ya have it, you cr#zy Pats Fans, NY is a certain lock to win it all this season.  Heck, I even liked how "Johnette" offered a huge side picture to her wonderful article, of the gleaming NFL-guru that is Rex Ryan, very cool.  The Ryan pic even has an "enlarge" option above it...but I was far too afraid that it'd explode my monitor if I used it.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They've been annointed again this year ! Crap another season down the drain for the defending AFC East Champs! Sorry NYJF I don't cqare how many overweight coaches your team hires nor do I care how many wannbe pro bowlers you bring in,the answer to this riddle is simple 41 years and counting...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

Johnette has quite the buckethead.who would win in a headbutttttt contest Johnette or Joba C..lol
    LAZ is offended by your posts because u insulted his man-wife of the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

To ALL : Alright you arrogant Pats Fans, As of this very moment I'm turning my allegiance from NE to NY...AND So, I'm gonna debunk and dethrown some of the outrageous assumptions which you're throwing both towards The NY Jets & The Writer of his article ... FIRST off tcal , Ha-haha...sooo funny, saying that this writer has " an adjustable hair helmet " and thus " no credibility ."  But let me tell ya a few things there bud, First: Female balding is NO laughing matter, and Second: When your parents name you "Johnette", what's a person to do?  Am I a woman or am I a man...hmm, Let's see, since my parent hedged their bets on this one, better to myself, play mid-field here at least on the hairdo, bare minimum...so I'm best stickin' with the fe-man Afro for life. Which brings me to "Johnette's" writing prowess & skill, of which magic starts to make light of...  But personally, I found the writer's style, together radically genius & at once, elegantly simple.  Like when she states:  " All of which New England answered over the winter with, well, what? A lot of reminders that Belichick has some extra second-round picks to play with in the draffffffffffft.  Sorry.  Fell asleep with my finger stuck on the "F" key ."  I believe BOTH Kurt Vonnegut & Mark Twain, used a similiar word-play technique of adding 10 extra letters on words, in order to play whimsical & hilarious. Which brings me full-scale, To "Johnette's" premises on the upcoming 2010-11Season for The Jets...  So What IF this writer states, How NY will be the favorite to be Superbowl Champions in this upcoming year...sure it sounds just a tad presumptious.  But see, They SHOULD be...I mean second year Coach & QB with a 60-something QB rating in charge of a volatile Locker-Room of massive egos.  Yet Magicalhobo himself, Illustrates Mark Sanchez's skills, when magic points out that there were 28 League Starters who had a better rating than Sanchez...To me at least, this says one thing: THAT'S 4 QBs who Mark Sanchez, simply BURIED . ALSO, I mean-yea, the following just could come off as rather umm-a bit exageratted, As "Johnette" says, " The Jets aren't just stronger Super Bowl contenders now than they were when they and the Patriots went to sleep Sunday night.  With Ryan around, it's fair to ask whether anything scares the Jets ."  But in Rex Ryan's Defense on this one, I hear that Johnette's doing a follow-up piece about- How Rex Ryan has cured cancer...after he stumbled upon the fountain of youth (in the Meadowlands no less), and thus-Is now immortal. So there ya have it, you cr#zy Pats Fans, NY is a certain lock to win it all this season.  Heck, I even liked how "Johnette" offered a huge side picture to her wonderful article, of the gleaming NFL-guru that is Rex Ryan, very cool.  The Ryan pic even has an "enlarge" option above it...but I was far too afraid that it'd explode my monitor if I used it.      
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Whatever dude! You and NYJ can kiss BB's rings!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Whatever dude! You and NYJ can kiss BB's rings!"

Somewhat puzzled here:  Is it searing & messy sarcasm unintentionally spilled back my way because you don't like my choice of entree, OR Is it intentional seriousness that spilleth over due to some attentive miscommunication about what dish I was trying to create...either way, someone needs more detailed prep work.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

" Whatever dude! You and NYJ can kiss BB's rings !"   Somewhat puzzled here:  Is it searing & messy sarcasm unintentionally spilled back my way because you don't like my choice of entree, OR Is it intentional seriousness that spilleth over due to some attentive miscommunication about what dish I was trying to create...either way, someone needs more detailed prep work.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Come on, Laz. It was obvious there wasn't a single bit of sarcasm in your earlier post. We all know Rex really found the fountain of youth and cured cancer, just as you pointed out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Nice piece Laz!  I always enjoy your input.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

johnette is a dike with a gay name. Laz your writing stinks lately. Stop getting high before you write and keep it shorter.