NY/NY reaction!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

NY/NY reaction!

Well, what did you think? I hear jet fans saying it was only preseason, and that is true. HOWEVER, if the score had been reversed we all know they would have puffed out their chest even more and claimed Superman status. Here's what I saw. At times they looked good and not so much at other times. No surprise. Invincible ... a shoo in for the Superbowl? I don't think so. They sure don't have me quaking in my boots. Two things I think are notable. First, it's obvious that both Rex and the players wanted to win this game to claim NY superiority. They failed. Second, it's true they had a 3 point lead at half time, but they beat a very injured and unimpressive Giant team and they played their starters against the Giants second string in the second period. Failed again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: NY/NY reaction!

Sanchez made some good throws but he also led off with a horrendous pick. Jury's still out on him.

LT made one nice run on a 3rd and long but it was due to very, very poor tackling by the Giants.

Their defense is going to be susceptible to quick slants. Imagine them trying to blitz Brady with Tate, Moss, Welker, and Edelman in single coverage. Something has to give.

The biggest, most glaring weakness I saw in their defense was on the edge: uh, nobody really set anything so teams are going to have a field day getting out to the edges against them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Fatboy Rex lost some weight.....now he only has three chins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

I think our offense is set up to give their defense a lot of trouble. BB I'm sure will have a strong game plan to counter their blitz. Brady makes very quick reads and gets rid of the ball quickly. I agree that quick slants with either Edelman or Welker will slow down their blitzing. I also think the Pats will bring their Tightends into play. Though we haven't used them that often recently, quick draw plays and screens should also be effective in slowing down their blitzing. Once their blitzing is slowed down, Brady should be able to burn them deep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

that Brandon Jacobs run just negated all the hype of their all out blitz, know its coming, recognize the blitz quietly and have one huge play. Without Revis they are beatable.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They are beatable with Revis. Without Revis they are likely going to have a tough go of it .... he is hands down the best player on that team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Both teams suked. The Giants couldn't cover to save their lives and the Jets are very susceptible to rushes to the LDE (Gholston, DeVito). Their blitz packages were quickly picked up by the Giants OL and their running game was hilarious to watch. 

All in all, unless they were playing a vanilla game they are worst than my original 7-9 season prediction. They looked more like a 5-11 team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The Jets NEED to come out of the gates quickly.

I think if the Ravens beat them then we beat them they'll fold.  That locker room wasn't made for adversity I don't think

However, my new hunch is that Revis was held out for Hard Knocks and that he'll come back right before the season to give the team an artificial boost after boosting ratings for the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Their defense looked good, not great. ZB is right without Revis they are not as good a defense. Sancheez threw a pick. After that it all seemed to be dink and dunk stuff; easy passes to complete...an ideal way to build a young QB's confidence. I thought Shoone looked good, but only in the sense that he falls forward when hit. The O looks very average and has to be better for them to contend. A concern for them is that they don;t have the depth on D that they think they have. Revis holdout and 2 injuries to key players and this D reverts to being average. The Jets look very beatable. The Pats have a better receiving corps and a better QB and could do some damage in the 2 TE or 3TE sets. I could see two slot receivers Edelman and Welker posing a serious threat against the blitz. Phat Rex blitzes like 60% of the time; so does NO DC Gregg Williams and we beat his blitzes. It's still way to early to tell, but the Jests are very beatable and this is not your Daddy's 4-6, Rex. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

They asked Jason Taylor about the locker room atmosphere and he said it was "intresting". He said theres a lot of personalities. We'll see how that pans out as the season goes on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

They seemed really desperate, playing 1's for the first half, blitzing quite a bit, and throwing mixed fronts all over the place.  Not sure if that was a good idea or not, but boy, Tirico, Jaws, and Gruden were salivating.  I almost threw up.  For all the love, they sure got it put to them by that guy Cruz.  Sweet win if you are a Giant fan.  And Eli could use some stitches, it'll help make a man out of him.  I think the idea was to generate excitement for Jet fans to sucker them into PSL's and tickets, like last years "this is the superbowl for us" crud.  Don't think it worked.  Looked to me like the Giants 2's and 3's played better than their 1's, not sure if the Jets had played first team all the way they still would have lost.  I'm now unsure if they can even make second in the AFC east.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Just me, or did the Giant have alot of success with screens and delays also?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

All in all it was an entertaining night.

Sanchizes 1st throw was a pick
    Eli christened the new stadium with his precious Manning blood (not mocking the actual injury, glad he was ok)
    Fireman Ed and an equally retarded Giants fan shoving each other
    Jets lose rights of saying that they won the first game in the new stadium

Not reading into too much, after all it was a pre season game, let's not lose sight of that. Thought they looked good and bad at times, like most teams. But seriously, their 1's were playing against the Giants 2's for most of the game and even the Giants 1's were missing about 10 starters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction!:
    [QUOTE]Exactly. The Giants weren't even playing most of their starters.  And we see Jets fans excited about this?  lol!
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Yes and I love it. Let them think they are the 2007 Patriots for all I care. I want the fans and the team to be as optimistic and excited as possible for the upcoming season, that will make the inevitable crash and burn WAY more fun for us to watch!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : Already there are similarities. They lost to the Giants.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

What's the matter, FatRex? Are you hurting just a little this morning? Let's be real here. If the score had been reversed you KNOW that all the jets fans would be pounding their chests, saying it was their stadium and they owned the city. C'mon, you know that's true. However, because they lost, then it becomes just another preseason game. Ryan and the players all REALLY wanted to win the game beforehand. They failed miserably against a depleted Giant team that didn't look very good overall, but still managed a comfortable win. Your team didn't look horrible by any means, but they sure didn't scare the rest of the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : I cannot wait for Week 2. I am not sure Jets fans are ready for the amount of heckling that will ensue when this season is over.  I really don't. If they think the Richie Kotite years were bad and the heckling that came from that or the other numerous inept performances for the last 15 years, they have another thing coming. I really have not seen such an entitled franchise in  a while.  The Steelers and Colts come to mind right away, but this might top it.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Sorry, russ, but I think you're wrong. I don't think they'll have to wait until the end of the season for all the heckling that will ensue. I think it'll happen before that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

All good in the first game besides Sanchize's first throw.  I think he was excited to be out there and he is a young dood that needs to learn to harness that energy, not force the first called pass play.

Our first team defense looked good as did our offense.  It is the first preseason game so I am not going to get too indepth here. We showed good speed and strength.

As for the "defense being susceptable to running on the edges"  that is the only possible place you can run with that big dood standing up the middle.  Jenks looked strong.  Glad he is back in the middle.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NY/NY reaction! : Sorry, you've got the wrong guy.  It's never bad to win, but it is hardly an assessment of anything.  I'm sure the players do want to win, but I would assume that more important is answering questions about the team - that is whatever you can tell from one preseason game.  Does Sanchez have a better understanding of the the offense and can he get his rating up?  Yes and yes.  Is Greene capable of carrying the load?  He looked good, even without the best center in the NFL sitting on the sideline.  Can the Jets keep consistent pressure on the QB and get more sacks this year?  Yes and not yet.  Have they found a decent return man to replace Leon.  Seems they have.  Are Dwight Lowrey and Drew Coleman decent backup CBs?  Doesn't look too good.  Was it a good move to go from Jay Feeley to the inconsistent Nick Folk?  Jury is still out.    Hopfully, all the players regardless if they are first string or not want to win.  Does it matter even one bit that they didn't?  Nope.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Listen, I doubt that there's any fan base who realizes how unimportant wins and losses in preseason are more than the Pat fans. But you really want to ignore the reality here, don't you?  You can ignore my point all you want, but it's still there, you can't avoid it. In the pregame show someone said it felt more like a play-off game rather than a preseason game. Why? Because the jests made it so. The owner, the coach, and the players all made it clear they wanted to win this game. THEY COULDN'T. It doesn't matter in NE who won, but living in Ny it does. The Giants have bragging rights, whether you like it or not. Your big-mouth coach has put you and your team in the spotlight. If and when you fail, you'll be laughed at throughout the league. Last night was just the beginning.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The knock on Sanchez is that he only throws one good pass, and if you wait on that pass he's easy to pick off.  The Giants have seen that memo.

Sanchez played deep into the second quarter, so he padded his passing stats a bit against second teamers. 

LaDanian Tomlinson carried the rock for 8 tries.  Good to see the all-pro out there.  Well, actually he averaged 2.1 yards per carry, so from here on out "LT" is the Giants' Lawrence Taylor.  Only the management's pride will put Tomlinson on the field in the regular season.

Even including the pick six (don't quibble!), the Jets were a better team than the Giants in the first quarter when it really counted as as far as I care, first team versus first team. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Both teams suked. The Giants couldn't cover to save their lives and the Jets are very susceptible to rushes to the LDE (Gholston, DeVito). Their blitz packages were quickly picked up by the Giants OL and their running game was hilarious to watch.  All in all, unless they were playing a vanilla game they are worst than my original 7-9 season prediction. They looked more like a 5-11 team. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Agreed I was not impressed by either team. Jets looked better of the two only because giants coverage was so poor.

I love swagger...It always hurts when it meets up with truth. I hope the jets have a full head of bull sh-- up by the time the season starts. I am sure they will...