O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense

Crump was releasing early and often today i think the patriots are trying to establish him as a viable threat in the red zone... Brady was forcing him the ball near the goal line on two trips past the 30 yard line.

i think the plan is genius because OLBs and SS would typically cut him loose and double Welker, having him as a threat running into the flat, dragging across the middle or running a flag will be crazy when Hernandez, Gronk and Crump are on the field...

Welker, Branch and or Woodhead should be able to earn a lot of YAC with those big bodies drawing attention away from them.

O'Brien is starting to look like a genius just like McDaniels did his second year...

Which means next year will be even better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense

In Response to Re: O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense : He signed a 2-year deal so he'll be back.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

you are correct!

This guy is a Patriot Lifer now... he is Rodney Harrison.... Maybe not quite the same but similar... He went from the greatest receiving TE in football back in 06 to a washed up overweight bum in 2007 & 2008 He was resurrected in Tennessee and now NE will ride him until his wheels fall off.

I love the NEW schemes  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

This all started coming together when the light went on to use BJGE. Teams had to concern themselves about a running game that Maroney never exibited.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nah, this started when BB signed Crumpler and then drafted Gronk and Hernandez.  Match up problem nightmares, especially when Brady is under center.

The question was always, would O'Brien stick with the two TE sets and ingore the failed and predictable shotgun or spreads?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Glad he's getting some touches, but I'm sure it was more because Hernandez is out vs. Crump being a main threat for the offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: O'Brien adds a wrinkle to his TE heavy Offense:
    [QUOTE]Glad he's getting some touches, but I'm sure it was more because Hernandez is out vs. Crump being a main threat for the offense.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I am sure it was the patriots offense paying the captain his dues, while doing so putting the fear of ANOTHER TE in the minds of coordinators in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Didn't BJGE get going around the same time that Mankins returned?