Ocho gives a gift to every teammate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Ocho gives a gift to every teammate

I hope he can help deliver the gift we all seek.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate

Nice gesture. But back to reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You know I actually feel a little bad for 85. I think he tried as hard as he could. I think he truly loves playing here and playing for BB and I think he just couldn't catch on. I was watching the NFL network and they were doing that "Sounds of the Game" show where it is just clips of sound bites. There is one clip where we play Cincinnati and BB is talking with 85 before the game. BB tells Ocho that we have Double coverage for him all game out of respect for Chad's Game. Chad is shocked for the respect he's getting.... Literally. I think he's a good guy and I think these gifts are a pretty genuine example of it.
    I'd love to see the guy get some action and have an impact in the SuperBowl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I don't know.  It's a nice gift but my reaction is that he's seeking attention.  He made some comments earlier this week about how he can't believe he was able to keep his mouth shut throughout the year, not complain and be a company guy/teammate.  

I think Chad wants to be a bigger part of the superbowl game and I think he's a little bit of a potential distraction.  I think that he just spent 28,000 dollars on headphones is disgusting actually.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

instead of buying their friendship or loyalty as a teammate....mebbe he should quadruple his output in receptions and score some TDs instead....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

why are you asking him for so much Bubba?  I kid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Gotta think that if Welker, Deion and Chad outproduce Mario, Cruz and Nicks we'll have trophy #4

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate:
    [QUOTE]instead of buying their friendship or loyalty as a teammate....mebbe he should quadruple his output in receptions and score some TDs instead....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

And how do you expect him to do that when he's getting 3-5 snaps a game and is the 5th option for Brady? You were probably one of those stat gurus that predicted Chad would transition from Cincy's offense easily to NE's complicated offense, WITHOUT half of training camp and OTA's. It just wasn't gonna happen. Give the guy a full offseason with Brady and we'll see how he does.

When he's actually been ON the field, he continues to get open and make good 3rd down receptions, make nice blocks, and get open downfield only to have Brady look the other way. Stop being so blind and hateful towards Ocho.

Honestly though, answer me this question: whose reps is Ocho supposed to take? Hernandez? Welker? Branch? Gronk? Give me a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]You know I actually feel a little bad for 85. I think he tried as hard as he could. I think he truly loves playing here and playing for BB and I think he just couldn't catch on. I was watching the NFL network and they were doing that "Sounds of the Game" show where it is just clips of sound bites. There is one clip where we play Cincinnati and BB is talking with 85 before the game. BB tells Ocho that we have Double coverage for him all game out of respect for Chad's Game. Chad is shocked for the respect he's getting.... Literally. I think he's a good guy and I think these gifts are a pretty genuine example of it. I'd love to see the guy get some action and have an impact in the SuperBowl.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

I loved that vid, rerun. At the end of the vid, it showed Ocho screaming to Bill on the sideline, "BILL! BILL!" Though, it was more like "Beyull, Beyulll!" Haha. I love Chad. I feel like he's done all he could for this team but is simply not getting the reps. So what. When he goes in, he does his job. He's supportive of his teammates and doesn't mouth off.

Anybody see the vid when they showed Brady mic'd up on the sideline? Ocho came up to Brady concerned that he was possibly doing something wrong because he wasn't getting the ball. He seemed like a kid trying to work so hard and was hoping that his coach would give him some advice or pardon him for doing something wrong. Brady told him, "Just keep working hard! That's all I ask." I'll try to find the vid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : I loved that vid, rerun. At the end of the vid, it showed Ocho screaming to Bill on the sideline, "BILL! BILL!" Though, it was more like "Beyull, Beyulll!" Haha. I love Chad. I feel like he's done all he could for this team but is simply not getting the reps. So what. When he goes in, he does his job. He's supportive of his teammates and doesn't mouth off. Anybody see the vid when they showed Brady mic'd up on the sideline? Ocho came up to Brady concerned that he was possibly doing something wrong because he wasn't getting the ball. He seemed like a kid trying to work so hard and was hoping that his coach would give him some advice or pardon him for doing something wrong. Brady told him, "Just keep working hard! That's all I ask." I'll try to find the vid.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

I saw that one also- It really is good stuf and unlike the Adalius Thomas' of the world this guy is actually very humble and hard working within the framework of the team and the practice field. It's hard for me to dislike anybody like that. I'm still rooting for him to do something good and if it's in the Superbowl, all the better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like Ocho, seems like a good dude and I wish he would succeed in NE.  Hope he dresses for the SB, gets on the field and has an impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : And how do you expect him to do that when he's getting 3-5 snaps a game and is the 5th option for Brady? You were probably one of those stat gurus that predicted Chad would transition from Cincy's offense easily to NE's complicated offense, WITHOUT half of training camp and OTA's. It just wasn't gonna happen. Give the guy a full offseason with Brady and we'll see how he does. When he's actually been ON the field, he continues to get open and make good 3rd down receptions, make nice blocks, and get open downfield only to have Brady look the other way. Stop being so blind and hateful towards Ocho. Honestly though, answer me this question: whose reps is Ocho supposed to take? Hernandez? Welker? Branch? Gronk? Give me a break.

how about earning his time on the field for game time...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : And how do you expect him to do that when he's getting 3-5 snaps a game and is the 5th option for Brady? You were probably one of those stat gurus that predicted Chad would transition from Cincy's offense easily to NE's complicated offense, WITHOUT half of training camp and OTA's. It just wasn't gonna happen. Give the guy a full offseason with Brady and we'll see how he does. When he's actually been ON the field, he continues to get open and make good 3rd down receptions, make nice blocks, and get open downfield only to have Brady look the other way. Stop being so blind and hateful towards Ocho. Honestly though, answer me this question: whose reps is Ocho supposed to take? Hernandez? Welker? Branch? Gronk? Give me a break.

actually, I was one of the skeptics who, because of the shortened pre-season was giving him a chance to get into game shape and learn the system. There were quite a few posters who said he was an athletic, great route runner. I didn't see him play enough to know one way or another.

He's being paid very nicely to compete for those opportunities that you call number of reps. Obviously, he's only getting 3-5 reps because of what he has earned. If he had 3/4 of the performance that Moss provided, would he still only be getting 3-5 reps?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]why are you asking him for so much Bubba?  I kid
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]
    well, the good thing is that he has one year under his belt. Maybe with a full pre-season, he will be in a better position next year Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Very gracious of him to do for his teammates.  He's been a great teammate so far and is doing what is asked of him.  Can't do more than that...at this point anyways.

Wishing him the best of luck this week...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : Reading way too much into it.   Can people stop overreacting to simple, normal gestures or activity? What is the problem here?  The media reported this, not him. Outside of BB overpaying in terms of ROI, this guy has done what Moss wouldn't do. I will laugh myself into a coma if they let him roll in this game and he helps the team win.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

that will be funny and great if he gets some playing time and makes something happen.  And good for him and the Patriots if he does.

It just strikes me as kind of strange that he would feel the need to do something extravagant like that right before the superbowl.  It's the type of thing LeBron James does to fellow all stars at the all-star game, and I think he's overcompensating for the lack of production.  

Maybe he feels guilty for making more money than he's been worth?  Maybe it's an act of passive aggression against what he feels to be a lack of opportunity? (little bit of a stretch lol)  I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but my feeling is that he should make a splash on the field first and not feel the need to remind his twitter fans and the media that he's on the team going to the Superbowl through this attention grabbing stunt.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate :  that will be funny and great if he gets some playing time and makes something happen.  And good for him and the Patriots if he does.  It just strikes me as kind of strange that he would feel the need to do something extravagant like that right before the superbowl.  It's the type of thing LeBron James does to fellow all stars at the all-star game, and I think he's overcompensating for the lack of production.     Maybe he feels guilty for making more money than he's been worth?  Maybe it's an act of passive aggression against what he feels to be a lack of opportunity? (little bit of a stretch lol)  I'm making too big of a deal out of it, but my feeling is that he should make a splash on the field first and not feel the need to remind his twitter fans and the media that he's on the team going to the Superbowl through this attention grabbing stunt.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

I mean, my initial impression was  pretty harsh.  It was still a very nice gesture to his teammates.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : I mean, my initial impression was  pretty harsh.  It was still a very nice gesture to his teammates.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Would be very interesting if the Pats drive down the field with only seconds left and Brady connects with Ocho as the clock runs out for the winning touchdown and breaks the heart of NYC. 

Hetchinspete. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I know we ALL wish Ocho was more productive, yet 2 things are become clearer & clearer: #1. It's apparent that noone wishes Ocho was performing up to his former par of excellence, than Ocho himself, And #2. It's more & more evident that Ocho's particular brand of "theatrics", are in ZERO way: particularly harmful and/or detrimental to his team, and/or selfishly motivated placing his own ends (which many do) above & beyond those others surrounding him.  This was a guy when specfic Cinci non-sellout games were in danger of being blacked out on tv, would buy tickets HIM-self in order to give the away to charity (trust me, If Ocho did some novel TD celebration in a blacked out game, he'd still inevitably make a SportsCenter highlight, no prob).  Even Ocho's apparent "slip-ups" are motivated on the good and the righteous, such as stating publiclly that HE would pay for that Rookie's fine who hit him in preseason, if and when All-benevolent Lord Goodell fined that 1st year guy with one of his $10,000 and up "charitable expenditures for safety's sake." 

Btw, didn't realize the way the headphone market had blown up in the past few years only, until I wanted a BestBuy giftcard for X-mas just so I could buy a pair.  Crazy now the technological leap forward in sound quality which these new types now afford (if you can actually afford them).  The cheapest ones within the Dre brand (which these aren't) were $300...  I got a $120 pair on sale for 70 bucks (and I initially thought that was crazy).  These Dre ones are just insane though...Pure comfort, and these in particular are nowhere near as gaudy (for no apparent reason) then others are.  These cancel the sound of a tornado over your shoulder (and either of both the sides can flip right up too).  The bass sounds are so much fuller, the middle sounds are so much more natural & complete, and the treble and higher sounds are crazy...  This is a bad-#ss gift, and IF you really are in need of some sorta primary motive of Ocho, bet the bankroll on it being: "I'm well aware that I've performed far below my own along with the standards others believed I COULD perform at.  I AM sorry.  Just know that I'm very glad, I'm very happy, and very fortunate & thankful to be here."       

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]  I don't know.  It's a nice gift but my reaction is that he's seeking attention.  He made some comments earlier this week about how he can't believe he was able to keep his mouth shut throughout the year, not complain and be a company guy/teammate.     I think Chad wants to be a bigger part of the superbowl game and I think he's a little bit of a potential distraction.  I think that he just spent 28,000 dollars on headphones is disgusting actually.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

He makes 6 million

I make $60,000

So it would be like me spending $280 on gifts for 50 of my co-workers

Thats not disgusting... its all in context... that's why I get $400 speeding tickets and these guys get $15,000 fines when they headhunt or hit QB's at the knees

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : He makes 6 million I make $60,000 So it would be like me spending $280 on gifts for 50 of my co-workers Thats not disgusting... its all in context... that's why I get $400 speeding tickets and these guys get $15,000 fines when they headhunt or hit QB's at the knees
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's relative, then again, I might be more Spinoza than Voltaire.

Maybe you're joking?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Nice of him to do that.  It would also be nice if had some production this coming Sunday but I'm not holding my breath.  I like the guy but he has done very little for this team this year and if anyone is still waiting of rhis breakout game, its too late.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ocho gives a gift to every teammate : Would be very interesting if the Pats drive down the field with only seconds left and Brady connects with Ocho as the clock runs out for the winning touchdown and breaks the heart of NYC.  Hetchinspete. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

that would be a great way to end the season Laughing

and it doesn't even have to be ocho....lol