Ochocinco and Haynesworth - To be Cut?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Ochocinco and Haynesworth - To be Cut?

Anybody remember when Randy Moss first arrived in New England? He was a malcontent from the Raiders -- his leg's were old, his attitude was bad, and most troublesome was the fact that he rarely practiced once the Pats acquired him. He never played in a pre-season game. Suddenly, there were stories that Moss would be cut before week 1, and it seemed plausible at-the-time.

Well, we all know what happened, Randy Moss not only made the team, he flourished -- having a "record-breaking" season, helping the pats to a 16-0 season.

On to the here and now, there are stories being written that both Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth will be cut by the Patriots.
    In this week's "Sunday Blitz" column over at the National Football Post, Dan Pompei relayed word he's heard that one or both of the big-name acquisitions the New England Patriots made in the abbreviated offseason — receiver Chad Ochocinco(notes) and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth(notes) -- could be cut from the team sooner than later. From the article:

One day before this story came out by my guy Mike Reiss, one NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways told me he believes one or both of the big name acquisitions will be cut before the season starts. The front office man thinks coach Bill Belichick will use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room.

Personally, I believe this story is "ABSOLUTE B.S," and that both of these guys are going to not only make the team, but like Randy Moss was in 07', be "key-contributors" for the Patriots.

What do you guys think? Could these two guys bo on their way out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Ochocinco and Haynesworth - To be Cut?

There was a post on the Pompei article the other day.  I'll summarize for you -- most didn't think one or both would be cut.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Ochocinco and Haynesworth - To be Cut?

In Response to Ochocinco and Haynesworth - To be Cut?:
    [QUOTE]Anybody remember when Randy Moss first arrived in New England? He was a malcontent from the Raiders -- his leg's were old, his attitude was bad, and most troublesome was the fact that he rarely practiced once the Pats acquired him. He never played in a pre-season game. Suddenly, there were stories that Moss would be cut before week 1, and it seemed plausible at-the-time. Well, we all know what happened, Randy Moss not only made the team, he flourished -- having a "record-breaking" season, helping the pats to a 16-0 season. Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

You have actual press reports saying that?