O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March

Has anyone read anything about this?  I was at a Bar in NY tonight (Shoot me I know) and heard some Jets Fans talking: according to the Patriot's wasted third round draft pick from last year, Belicheck and company have been game planning for this game since March.

I don't doubt for one bit that BB and comapny start gameplanning for all opponents during the offseason. I am just trying to find the article(s) that O'connel divulges his inside view.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March

Google has nothing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Makes sense since Bill knows they'd be on a short week. He's probably been aware of what type of defense and offense Ryan would deploy.

I'd love to read the actual article...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Re: O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March:
    [QUOTE]Makes sense since Bill knows they'd be on a short week. He's probably been aware of what type of defense and offense Ryan would deploy. I'd love to read the actual article...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I am trying to find the article...

The point is that it has the Jets fan all riled up believeing this is as big of game for BB as it is for them.  Im down in NYC right now and the Jets Fans are rabid right now... This is like a playoff game for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

When aren't they rabid?! Either way, the passion of the fans means nothing just like the words coming out of the coach's mouth mean nothing. It's all about execution on the field and I'll put my money on Belichick and Brady any day, especially against a rookie QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Re: O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March:
    [QUOTE]When aren't they rabid?! Either way, the passion of the fans means nothing just like the words coming out of the coach's mouth mean nothing. It's all about execution on the field and I'll put my money on Belichick and Brady any day, especially against a rookie QB.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

AMEN

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It makes sense, especially because they'll be facing yet another team on which there's such limited information.

The biggest thing is to try to project how Ryan will employ the defensive personnel the Jets have in his Ravens-style defensive playbook.

Other research would include film of play-calling tendencies of their offensive coordinator and any information available about Ryan's offensive mentality (although I suspect he's the type of defensive minded coach who puts the offense almost entirely in the hands of his coordinator)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Add to that film of each of the players on the Jets to see how they fit the scheme.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

That would be routine.
    I've seen where Belichick takes the year in quarters.
    He probably starts game planning the first 4 opponents every years as soon as the schedule is announced, whoever it is. Twice as important when it's a division rival.

Remarkable? - yes
    but also business as usual. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im sure mayo had a large role in this mystery gameplan... =(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

Here's an article quoting O'Connell about the Pats watching films of the Ravens' D in March - this really isn't tiding me over until Sunday though...

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20090917tale_of_the_videotape_jets_on_patriots_mind_long_ago/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

How could they game-plan when they didn't even know the Jets personell then?

...I'm sure they've watched film of all their opponents since February.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to O'connel tells press that Pats have been game planning for Jets since March:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone read anything about this?  I was at a Bar in NY tonight (Shoot me I know) and heard some Jets Fans talking: according to the Patriot's wasted third round draft pick from last year, Belicheck and company have been game planning for this game since March. I don't doubt for one bit that BB and comapny start gameplanning for all opponents during the offseason. I am just trying to find the article(s) that O'connel divulges his inside view.
    Posted by J109[/QUOTE]

And I suppose he was game planning with O'Connell at QB and expecting 6 defensive starters to be gone. If O'Connell was smart enough to remember defensies, he would still be in Boston; he has no "insider view". Maybe he drank too much salt water while sipping tequilas and surfing at SDSU. When the Jests practice with a "scout team" and O'Connell is the QB, do they call him the "dummy QB". Every coach in the league takes a deep look at every future opponent, division rivals deeper than others. This is not "game planning." Unfortunately for the Pats, Ryan brings a level of unpredictability to the table that Manjerkoff did not bring. Too bad they didn't slip into the playoffs last year so that Eric the Whale would have kept his job and maybe gotten an extension.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]How could they game-plan when they didn't even know the Jets personell then? ...I'm sure they've watched film of all their opponents since February.
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

The only ones they didn't know were the rookies - I'm sure they could already start projecting how each of the holdovers would fit into Ryan's old Ravens defensive schemes.  The biggest thing to me is doing homework on Ryan's past head coaching, if any, along with his past defensive coordinator gigs, if any, to see if there's anything else that they need to know about his play calling (especially his offense, about which there is probably the least information).  Because Ryan is supposedly a defensive coach, I'd take a look at the offensive coordinator's history, too.  Then all you have to do is see how, if at all, last week's film versus the Texans fits into the equation.