O'Connell Has the Stuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

O'Connell has a better arm, better timing, better judgement, better legs, better view of the field, quicker release, better ball handling feel, better ball sense, quicker decision making ability and is smarter than Matt Cassell will ever be. You can't teach anyone to see the field. You have instant vision or you don't. Bledsoe didn't - Brady does. It took Bledsoe to go down before coach realized what he had in TB. Do we need 2 C history repeat itself before we have another winning season? BB may ge a great coach but is blind to Matt's limitations. He ain't gonna win games! He is horrible. How many games do we have to lose before we make a q-back change?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

put him behind our O-line.means same results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

Here's the thing. Belichek does this for a living. you probably do not. I'd say he probably knows something more than you do, so lighten up on him a bit.

BTW there was another guy who had a lot of potential and got put behind a crappy offensive line down in Houston by the name of David Carr. He got sacked something like 1500+ times and has spent the last two years trying to get over PTSD... don't think BB wants that for O'Connell...just a hunch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

offensive line needs to hold up for more than 2 secs........and make bigger holes for the rb's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

O'Connel may be better at, well, every possible thing and quality possible, but Matt Cassel... Matt Cassel, I know I had a point here somewhere about the positives of keeping Cassel in?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

if the O line shows up and gives cassel time and he still strugles then maybe we will see the change but if the o line takes another game off then y risk hurting him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

I Love the people who point out that with Kevin O'Connel under Center, It won't make a difference because the Offensive Line needs to be better, but fail to recognize the overall contradictory aspects of their reasoning to begin with: the fact that O'Connel is not going to be worse than Cassel... It's kinda like saying, "Yea, O'Connel may be better under center, but they still sell crummy hot dogs at the concessions stand...It doesn't make any sense whatsoever, It's a non-sequitur to the overall point that with O'Connel under Center the chances of the Pat's winning more games will in all liklihood be better, but ya know, Who Wants To Actually Bring Up That Silly Point?

Buuuut, If You ALL want, I'll even play along with the people who say that the OL stinks, by pointing out dumb lil' obvious points like: the fact that O'Connel has a bullet arm, seems to release the ball quicker, has overall much better pocket prescence than Cassel-i.e. steps up better, and is fast as heck at scrambling-in College I think I read that O'Connel led, or closely led his Team at rushing (which is just ridiculous if You think about it)...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

Is O'Connell as good as Matt Ryan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

It's just a matter of time until O'Connell starts. BB is just giving him some time to develop his timing with the NFL speed and get more familiar with the 2 minute offense and audible system.

My prediction is he hopes Cassel can keep their head above water until around mid season and then he will unleash KO just when the time is right. He will catch a team unprepared for him and we'll start the playoff push.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

O'Connell needs to play a few games before we can say he has the "stuff"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

Though it is true that Belichek knows a lot more about putting together a football team than most of us, I am sure he makes mistakes. All coaches make mistakes. Some on a continual basis. It will become clear in the next few games if Cassell is a mistake or not. Everybody says that OConnell has a better arm, more accurate and is faster than Cassell but these things don't mean a thing if you cannot show these things off on the field during a game. Many QBs are great in practice but stink when it comes to an actual game. There are also guys who do not have much talent but surely can play QB. Chad Pennington is an example.He has no arm, is slow but can get the ball to a receiver when under pressure and he can scramble. Though the Pats Oline is not playing well, it is not the only reason why Cassell gets caught behind the line of scrimmage. He freezes! Though TB had a few bad games when he took over for Bledsoe, he almost never froze. The Oline when he took over for Bledsoe was worst than the OLine they now have. TB could make a quick step, duck, release the ball in less than 2 seconds and most of all great fake that he is going to make the pass,when aRB has the ball. Let see what Cassell has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

IMO there are some correctness in all of your statements, however it's the O-Line, Josh McDaniels, and Cassell's fault of the collaspe aganist Miami. In short the offense as a whole is to blame for the lack of offense. Could KO have done better under center who knows, but most likely.
    The defense was even worse than the offense. Outside of about three players the whole team should have returned their game checks coaches included because they did not earn them. Sundays performance reminds me of the days I spent at Fenway Park witnessing the Boston Patriots finding ways to be beaten. Here we go again!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

deluxe-o-connel was unleashed last week,and got creamed.yes he may get some playing time,but thats as much he will do.he will play.if cassel was to be benched.o-connel will take us to the end of the season.next season comes.cassel will be gone,and our saviour brady will be back,and o-connel will ride the bench for four,or five years like cassel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

You are incorrect the first game of the season Cassell to Moss 55 yard completion. Thats it!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulK3. Show PaulK3's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

O'Connell is a rookie. BB is better sitting him until he can handle the offense. Then he'll be a good QB. No use having a fair QB this year and a PTSD QB next year.

Cassel is handling a pretty bad O-line with a wavering TE situation, and a wobbly RB situation too. He's not getting much time. The Patriot defense did nothing last Sunday to make his job any easier.

At least Cassel is hitting 67% of his passes and not throwing that many interceptions.

Maybe if the entire rest of the team got over their holiday and got back to sound tackling, Matt Cassel wouldn't look so bad. Paging Mr. Hobbs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

[Quote]deluxe-o-connel was unleashed last week,and got creamed.yes he may get some playing time,but thats as much he will do.he will play.if cassel was to be benched.o-connel will take us to the end of the season.next season comes.cassel will be gone,and our saviour brady will be back,and o-connel will ride the bench for four,or five years like cassel.[/Quote]

Mosseffect: once again you and I disagree. Ko was put in at garbage time. You cannot effectively evaluate a player during garbage time.

KO has played a ton of football and is a relentless competitor. Cassel is a fine #3 and we are luck to have him at that capacity. However, KO is a stud. You will see! I only hope you have the balls to admit I am right in about 2-3 weeks from now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

I may be wrong, but what I saw of O'Connel, even in "Garbage Time" looked better than Cassell ALL day: Didn't he have 2 completions, a dropped pass, and an offensive line breakdown (sack)? I don't understand?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

[Quote]I may be wrong, but what I saw of O'Connel, even in "Garbage Time" looked better than Cassell ALL day: Didn't he have 2 completions, a dropped pass, and an offensive line breakdown (sack)? I don't understand?[/Quote]

Seangar: yes, he was 3 of 4 and seemed comfortable. You can tell when he lines up under center everything comes natural. Cassel just hasn't played enough ball over the last 8 years to have that same comfort level.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

A few things. Of course BB knows more about the game than me - but was he correct to keep Bledsoe behind the center when he had Brady warming the bench. How come Bledsoe got sacked holding onto the ball and Brady managed to get rid of the ball effectively. Same O Line played those games. Don't blame the O Line. Look, you either got the vision, can make the right decision and throw with precision - or you ain't got no business being behind the C. I don't think continued reps are gonna help Cassell. One more thing, this QB Cassell broadcasts every pass, every handoff, and his every move. He handles the ball poorly. Tell me it ain't so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

[Quote]

Mosseffect: once again you and I disagree. Ko was put in at garbage time. You cannot effectively evaluate a player during garbage time.

KO has played a ton of football and is a relentless competitor. Cassel is a fine #3 and we are luck to have him at that capacity. However, KO is a stud. You will see! I only hope you have the balls to admit I am right in about 2-3 weeks from now![/Quote]deluxe i said in a previouce thread that im not sold on o-connel,but i also said if he breaks out in a couple of years i would say i was wrong about him,but if he dosent.well no more said.dont get me wrong.if he does come in i hope he does play well,or better,but him being a rookie,and the o-Line.im not exspecting to much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

with the horrible play of the offensive line its only a matter of time before cassel gets hurt and oconnel becomes the starter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

[Quote]put him behind our O-line.means same results.[/Quote]

Yep. Can't get hyped about a guy who has yet to actually play in a game situation.

Edit...I mean a close game situation. I think BB is being wise not overusing him yet. But KO has yet to play a down that really matters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

You can't put words in BB's mouth.

Just because Cassell is our starter now does not mean that BB thinks Cassell is a playoff QB.

Brady had never missed a start, so why pay a high price for veteran QB?

Did Favre ever have a high priced QB @ backup?
    Does Peyton Manning?

The only teams that have a good backup QB are teams without a good starter!!

Cassell is not that good. BB knows this. KO may see PT if Cassell does not improve.

Can Cassell win a playoff game? Only if the D-Fence starts to carry the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

[Quote]

Yep. Can't get hyped about a guy who has yet to actually play in a game situation.

Edit...I mean a close game situation. I think BB is being wise not overusing him yet. But KO has yet to play a down that really matters.[/Quote]

Actually Read the Article on The Patriot's Section (FrontPage) about O'Connel, and You'll see that One of the major tenets behind the Pat's Drafting this guy was How much Poise, Decisiveness, and Continual-Absolute Effort He gave right until the whistle blows-When He was coming from behind in College Games-They completely dispel your notion in the Article....

Also, You wanna talk about a player not Playing in a game that actually MATTERS? The Last Game Matt Cassell played in a game that actually mattered prior to 2 weekd ago was being the Losing Pitcher to His Little League World Series Team at the age of 12...sheez.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

O'Connell Has the Stuff

I am not trying to second guess BB. Hey, nobody's perfect and BB would be the first to admit that he has made some miscalculations over the years. For example, remember when he was considering Bledsoe coming back over Brady (when TB showed star quality.) That was nuts! Coaches, CEOs, prof managers have their favorites and are reluctant to risk new players for lots of reasons - risking player losing confidence or just losing or risking total failure. The Q is - does anyone know what O'Connell can do if he's on the bench. We know what Cassell can't do on the field.