O'Connell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox2398. Show bosox2398's posts

O'Connell

Does anybody have confidence this guy could fill in for Brady? Walter for that matter. The Pats need an established backup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: O'Connell

I'll take my chances with Walter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

O'Connell looks bad but in last summer's games that don't count, we thought Cassel was the worst QB in history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Really ambivalent on O'connell, he makes good plays and then just has some really bad throws. I don't know if its lack of game experience or what because I saw at sd st and he has the gametime cajonies. I hope we don't have to find out if him or Walter have what it takes to start for us and win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes cassel did seem awful in last years pre-season,and had a great year.I guess this could be a safe anwser to this question.but I dont beleive we will see the same luck twice.if o-connell had to come in this year,and lets hope there is never a reason for him to.but also the longer o-connell rides the bench behind brady,he will never end up very good.just an average back-up.im figureing brady may play for another 6-8 years,so o-connell will never develop,or get the real time game play he would need to be the QB many would like to see.so as for a back-up QB,s right now short term,walter would have the edge,but if it was like anything last year,the outcome wouldnt be as great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

O'Connell is gone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmoneydowns. Show pmoneydowns's posts

From what I heard, the patriots were trying to rework O'Connell's mechanics and he was having trouble throwing the short ball. Maybe he wasn't progressing like they'd hoped during this reworking of his game. Or it's possible it could be other factors, like his comfort level with the offense.
    It looks like Andrew Walter is going to get a shot at being the backup, unless of course they acquire a quarterback Via trade or waiver wire. The likely trade partners are Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. Both now have a logjam at the quarterback position, AJ Feeley is a likely choice since his salary cap number pushes the Eagles over $2 million in backup quarterbacks.
    Brian Hoyer must be pretty happy today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Doesn.t matter now he is gone!!!!! Wow.