Odds we get a bye?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Odds we get a bye?

Is it too early to discuss?
    1st we need to take care of our own business. We have a decent chance to win out. With Schaub out for the rest of the season and some games ahead they could easily lose there's a good chance Houston could drop from second place in the Conference.

So what do people think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Odds we get a bye?

Yeah kind of, the Eagles will still be a tough match up. The Broncos could give us trouble and then we have division games to end the year. You never know, but the Pats control their destiny, I give them a 75% of getting the bye. However, I don't want them to sputter into the playoff bye week at the end of the season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Baltimore and Pittsburg cannot both hold 1st Round byes if Im not mistaken, because they're in the same division. One would have to play in the Wild Card round by default.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Odds we get a bye?:
    [QUOTE]Baltimore and Pittsburg cannot both hold 1st Round byes if Im not mistaken, because they're in the same division. One would have to play in the Wild Card round by default.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think he knows that.  He is saying which one gets the division, since we lost to Pitt, they have an advantage if we are tied record wise.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I want to be more optimistic, but i'll say around/better than 50%.  Need to see more from the defense, the shame is that they won't get a real test in the passing game until the playoffs.  I'm not interested in what they can do against Tyler Palko.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odds we get a bye? : Yeah, I think he knows that.  He is saying which one gets the division, since we lost to Pitt, they have an advantage if we are tied record wise.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Having beaten the Steelers twice Baltimore can take the division if they don't have anymore dumb loses like the one to Seattle. That leaves the Steelers out in the wildcard. If we get a bye and end up playing the Steelers in the second round do we still get the home field because we are a division champion?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odds we get a bye? : Having beaten the Steelers twice Baltimore can take the division if they don't have anymore dumb loses like the one to Seattle. That leaves the Steelers out in the wildcard. If we get a bye and end up playing the Steelers in the second round do we still get the home field because we are a division champion?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Yes

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odds we get a bye? : Yes
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

• Well Hou is not going to win out without their QB
    • Pitt, Cin, and Bal only one can get a bye
    • We have the tie breaker against Oak and maybe the one against Den
    • Jets and Buf need to win out and have us only win 50% of remaining games to bet us to the playoffs

So yeah it's looking like it's our hands with the weakest NFL schedule left to play. I would say we have a better then decent shot at getting a bye. The question I have is can we get the #1 seed? With Pitt going against SF and Cin it is possible

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Odds we get a bye? : Having beaten the Steelers twice Baltimore can take the division if they don't have anymore dumb loses like the one to Seattle. That leaves the Steelers out in the wildcard. If we get a bye and end up playing the Steelers in the second round do we still get the home field because we are a division champion?

That s if we are the #2 ranked team. If we are the #1 seed it looks likely we'd be playing Cin, Ten, or Den. They all are pretty favorable match ups for the Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Playoffs? Playoffs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Pats are 1st seed if Ravens win north. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

In Response to Odds we get a bye?:
    [QUOTE]Is it too early to discuss? 1st we need to take care of our own business. We have a decent chance to win out. With Schaub out for the rest of the season and some games ahead they could easily lose there's a good chance Houston could drop from second place in the Conference. So what do people think?
    Based on the last two byes (loss to jesters in last year's playoffs and the smackdown the Steelers gave us this year), I would rather have our Pats (especially the younger guys) work to get in a groove and stay there. With a more veteran team, especially if we had more seasoned (and talented) veterans in our secondary, I might argue otherwise. Nothing worse than coming out of a long layoff and being flat.