Off subject. Magic Masters moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Off subject. Magic Masters moment

This was the golf equivalent of the Tuck Rule. Let's see if he takes advantage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

perfect analogy  but he's no Tom Brady!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ha ha I came off the lawn mower to post this.  If that's the rule change then play it I say.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

True, but he is Tiger Woods, which isn't too shabby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to user_1807930's comment:

Response to your Response: After his round yesterday he said in his interview that he dropped the ball a couple of feet from his divot because he was going to hit the same shot and was concerned that he might get the same result. The rule is very specific about dropping the ball as close to the original divot as possible. A couple feet does not cut it. I would have to suspend disbelief that Tiger or Caddy does not know the rule concerning taking a drop. His intent was to break the rule which is a Disqualification. He then signed his score card with the wrong score.  Three professional golfers have been DQ'd this year for signing a wrong score card. None of them were named TIGER. The major infraction was his admitted intent when he dropped the ball.

Now unfortunately the spokesman for the Masters rules committee sounded like a $1,000.00 an hour lawyer representing Ken Lay. Golf is the only sport that is supposed to be self regulating. But every body sees this for what it is: SHOW ME THE MONEY. 

Any way I can't add anything else and I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended.

If he knew about the rule, why would he freely admit, during that interview following his round on Friday, to having violated the rule, ie, dropping the ball two yards away from its original lie?

Was he deliberately trying to sabotage himself?
    Was he begging Masters officials to assess him a two shot penalty?
    Or potential DQ?

Obviously he didnt know the rule well enough otherwise he wouldnt have admitted to breaking it, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I was hoping Cabrera would win but I'm happy for Scott. One of the better final rounds of the masters I've watched

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1807930. Show user_1807930's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

In response to user_1807930's comment:

Response to your Response: After his round yesterday he said in his interview that he dropped the ball a couple of feet from his divot because he was going to hit the same shot and was concerned that he might get the same result. The rule is very specific about dropping the ball as close to the original divot as possible. A couple feet does not cut it. I would have to suspend disbelief that Tiger or Caddy does not know the rule concerning taking a drop. His intent was to break the rule which is a Disqualification.He then signed his score card with the wrong score.  Three professional golfers have been DQ'd this year for signing a wrong score card. None of them were named TIGER. The major infraction was his admitted intent when he dropped the ball.

Now unfortunately the spokesman for the Masters rules committee sounded like a $1,000.00 an hour lawyer representing Ken Lay. Golf is the only sport that is supposed to be self regulating. But every body sees this for what it is: SHOW ME THE MONEY. 

Any way I can't add anything else and I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended.

If he knew about the rule, why would he freely admit, during that interview following his round on Friday, to having violated the rule, ie, dropping the ball two yards away from its original lie?

Was he deliberately trying to sabotage himself?
    Was he begging Masters officials to assess him a two shot penalty?
    Or potential DQ?

Obviously he didnt know the rule well enough otherwise he wouldnt have admitted to breaking it, right?

RULE 33---A decision rules accompanies this rule says that the committee would not be justified to waive the DQ if it was a result of the players ignorance of the rules or if he could have reasonably discovered his mistake before signing his scorecard.

Everybody carries a rule book, he could have opened it. He could have asked a Marshall for a ruling. He could have required his stupid caddy to know the rules of the game inside and out. The caddy is supposed to be his on course manager. As the #1 ranked golfer in the world he should have been better prepared. 

Knowingly or unknowingly he cheated in one of the Majors, not the Tin Cup Screen Door Open of El Diablo Wyoming. Thats why I hoped that he would withdraw. In my mind I gave him a chance to become the greatest golfer in place of Jack Niclklaus, not now. Good thing my opinion does not matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

First of all, the ruling did not change the outcome of the tournament at all, so none of this really matters.

Tiger is the number 1 golfer in the world, so for anyone to think he would knowingly break a rule to gain an advantage is on crack. It was nothing more than an innocent oversite. Dumb? Sure....they probably (should) have known better....but to say they knew is just ignorant.

Why must everything be a controversy? Is this country that starved for drama? The biggest joke of all is the PGA taking calls from viewers whining about rule infractions. Maybe we can start refing our own Pats games from home? What a joke!!

This is the pussification of America. Everything that doesn't go someones way must be a conspiracy!! Tiger drops his ball 5 feet BEHIND his divot and some gets their panties in a wad over it? Seriously...get a life people. I'm glad Tiger did not withdraw....he did nothing wrong. Congrats to Adam Scott on one of the most exciting finishes I've ever seen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Frankly, I'm not certain what bugs me more--that he claims he didn't know that was a rules violation, or his reasoning that if he hit the shot from the same spot, he'd get the same result.  Really?  He's saying he could duplicate hitting the flag stick from that spot over and over?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

True, but he is Tiger Woods, which isn't too shabby.

tiger's list of conquests is pretty impressive.

and then we can talk about what he has done on the golf course