Off-topic: Bill Russell statue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Off-topic: Bill Russell statue

It doesn't look like him at all!  Bummer to get that wrong.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Off-topic: Bill Russell statue

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

Looks good to me.

I dislike Russell, however.  Around 20 years ago, this place "Vince's" used to hold huge autograph shows around Boston.  You could meet some of the greatest players in sports history and get autographs for $10 or so.

Unless you wanted Bill Russell's autograph.

That was $250.

F him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lets see here.  Coloring looks good.  Hairline looks good.  Mustache and beard look good.  Eyes look good. over all it kind of looks like him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks good to me.

I dislike Russell, however.  Around 20 years ago, this place "Vince's" used to hold huge autograph shows around Boston.  You could meet some of the greatest players in sports history and get autographs for $10 or so.

Unless you wanted Bill Russell's autograph.

That was $250.

F him.

[/QUOTE]

You're of course entitled to your opinion and certainly to express it.  There are those of us who were fortunate enough to remember the Russell days and to have seen Russ play.   To me, there is no athlete ever to play in any sport in Boston who comes close to Russ and I mean no disrespect to anyone.  He won 11 championships in 13 years, 2 of those as player/coach.  That feat will never be equaled much less exceeded.  Without question the most intense and competitive professional athlete I have ever seen. 

I really couldn't care less what Russ wanted for his autograph (I don't collect them anyway).  I have memories of him playing that are worth far more than a signature on a piece of paper.

By the way, N-A-S, and I mean this with all due respect, except for the obvious outlying disruptive individuals who come here just to insult Pats fans, you lead the league in negativity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.   If this were just a bust unveiled somewhere in the USA and you were asked to guess who it was most people (and I'm talking people who are familiar with Russ) would have a hard time identifying him.  the nose, cheekbones, and hair are all wrong for starters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Unless you wanted Bill Russell's autograph.

That was $250.

F him."

Yeah never mind he led his team to an insane amount of titles during a time when he had to endure a great deal of racial abuse/discrimination/ignorance. 

Never mind that is a model for the educated athlete who is concerned with broader issues not just his bling, never mind that he was the first black coach in the NBA amongst many other pioneering accomplishments - because for some reason you coudln't get his autograph affordably (by the way, who cares?) then you reject his legacy. 

One of the more selfish and myopic opinions I ever heard. That's like saying "Larry Bird doesn't deserve a statue because his kid peed on my lawn once"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Unless you wanted Bill Russell's autograph.

That was $250.

F him."

Yeah never mind he led his team to an insane amount of titles during a time when he had to endure a great deal of racial abuse/discrimination/ignorance. 

Never mind that is a model for the educated athlete who is concerned with broader issues not just his bling, never mind that he was the first black coach in the NBA amongst many other pioneering accomplishments - because for some reason you coudln't get his autograph affordably (by the way, who cares?) then you reject his legacy. 

One of the more selfish and myopic opinions I ever heard. That's like saying "Larry Bird doesn't deserve a statue because his kid peed on my lawn once"

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he didn't deserve a statue.  He should have something named after him, something big, for the pride he brought to the city in the 60s.

I don't happen to like him as a person for charging his fans that amount of money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

By the way, N-A-S, and I mean this with all due respect, except for the obvious outlying disruptive individuals who come here just to insult Pats fans, you lead the league in negativity. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a really positive person in life.  Even here, I gave credit to the artist for doing a good job, but that part is ignored (or negated?) by my statement of dislike for Russell as a person.

It's the middle of the season in football.  There really isn't much to talk about.  No trades, Gronkowski is back, the defense is beat up, the OL is Swiss, Brady is Brady, the recievers are D3 quality and the play calling is suspect.

The rest of the time, I just beat up Rusty and goof off.