Offense vs. (NEW) Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Offense vs. (NEW) Defense

Is our Offensive line this year that bad or is our Defense that much improved. Everything I read out of camp is the O line getting blown up, team drills as well as one on ones.
    Has our offense become so complacent that even they don't expect our Def to be as good as it seems to be. And then, that right there....  IS the D that much improved??  Catching the Offense off gaurd.

I can only hope our D has turned corner and is on a warpath, and that our O gets their feet out of the mud!  or Brady is gonna get killed. The coaching staff obviously isnt goin to volunteer any of their concerns about the O line, but, come on, get these guys in gear.. There are plenty of teams still aiming to bring down the  Pats. - those are their superbowls......

Pray the O Line we have now stays healthy these next three games over ten days..  thats a beotch of a schedule. This very well could turn into a short season..       hope not!  
    GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Offense vs. (NEW) Defense

In Response to Offense vs. (NEW) Defense:
    [QUOTE]Is our O f fensive line this year that bad or is our De fense that much improved. Everything I read out o f camp is the O line getting blown up, team drills as well as one on ones. Has our o f fense become so complacent that even they don't expect our De f to be as good as it seems to be. And then, that right there....  IS the D that much improved??  Catching the O f fense o f f gaurd. I can only hope our D has turned corner and is on a warpath, and that our O gets their  feet out o f the mud!  or Brady is gonna get killed. The coaching sta f f obviously isnt goin to volunteer any o f their concerns about the O line, but, come on, get these guys in gear.. There are plenty o f teams still aiming to bring down the  Pats. - those are their superbowls...... Pray the O Line we have now stays healthy these next three games over ten days..  thats a beotch o f a schedule. This very well could turn into a short season..       hope not!   GO PATS!
    Posted by ASO9771[/QUOTE]

I'd say it was way to early. As with every season, it's a "new" team. We've got some new people vying for starting jobs - and the chemistry of the team is in progress. We'll see soon enough how things pan out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Look at the bright side. If the O-line gets Brady hurt we get to see Hoyer or Mallet in there and those who see Brady as the problem should be delighted. We can run more! Whoopee!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the defense normally dominates the offense in practices.

the O-line is a 60% patchwork at the moment. 

Soon as everyone is healthy it will be back to normal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Same old story... If the offence has its way with the defence we worry the defence sucks...If the defence has its way with the offence we worry the offence sucks...If neither dominates we worry both suck... The only true answers will come in 23 more days...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

BB said the other day that he wants the QB's to test their limits in practice so when in a game, and they have to make some plays they will know their limits. What I got out of it was that practice stats can be very artificial such as ints. I found it quite an intresting approach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The defense is much improved, better players added and another year of experience. The offense should be better too but the injuries to the offensive line hurts as the d-line are having their way with them. By week one hopefully they have Waters back and the line is improved. I think that Josh Mcdaniels will be more creative than Obrien was, Brady seems to really feel comfortable with him. The running backs are underrated IMO, Ridley just needs to hold on to the ball. Lloyd should open things up more and he's sure handed. 

All around this team is better, every phase of the game, as they have picked up some guys that will help special teams too. If Chandler Jones and Hightower stay healthy they should both be in the running for defensive rookie of the year.

All of this and we have the best coach in the history of the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've got to say this is one of the best threads I've seen in a while and I'm glad someone brought it up. All we've been hearing is this guy or that guy on D dominated in pass rush drills today - I wonder how that would read if they were going against a healthy Vollmer or Mankins? I wish these guys would get healthy because it can't be good practice for young guys to be going up against guys that probably won't (or shouldn't) be starting.

I will say it was more than encouraging to see Jones go against a starting tackle last week and look good. He has some length and strength. I loved his desire and what looked like a love for the game - plus some real ability. His demeanor kind of reminds me of that pass rusher that died for the Chiefs 10 year ago...Thomas? Just a guy that was always smiling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I miss the days of yore when there was far less football information available. Nowadays, if Brady takes a cr@p it's online seconds later. It's only practice and it's someone else's opinion. Get back to me after week 6 or so.

I remember reading a comment after the Patriots/Rams Super Bowl by a player who played the Patriots in the preseason. He thought the Patriots were a terrible team and had no chance at making the playoffs, let alone winning the Super Bowl.

It's too early to start worrying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's going to be fun watching the defense this year, seeing Jones, Hightower, and some of the other new additions. The offense will be fine once the line is back in order, actually the offense should be great. Keep number 12 and the core guys on defense healthy and we go all the way this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pays d should be better. But then, BB drafted defense. So now we could have a starters on D that are rookies. It.smuch better than watching Vernon Gholston s. k continuously.And even though the jets have the greatest secondary in NFL history they gave up more points, had fewer sacks and TOs than the Pats D.See as Ong as the game is decided by who has the most points. [ not who has given up the most yardage the Pats d lwill be better than the Jets D. And Joe Namath is one of the worst QBs in the HOF. Now go troll the Dolphis board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Offense vs. (NEW) Defense:
    [QUOTE]Pays d should be better. But then, BB drafted defense. So now we could have a starters on D that are rookies. It.smuch better than watching Vernon Gholston s. k continuously.And even though the jets have the greatest secondary in NFL history they gave up more points, had fewer sacks and TOs than the Pats D.See as Ong as the game is decided by who has the most points. [ not who has given up the most yardage the Pats d lwill be better than the Jets D. And Joe Namath is one of the worst QBs in the HOF. Now go troll the Dolphis board.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

I agree.. After all its points that determine who wins the game. I think that they gave up yards waiting for the opponent to make a mistake, which they did often. If the opponent made it into the red zone the Patriots D played tight and was effective in holding teams to FG's. With our offense holding teams to FG's is going to win a lot of games, which they did.  The Patriots also gave up a lot of yards during garbage time as well. Belichick does not care in the least about stats, he only wants to win. I'd say that 13-3 and going to the Super Bowl would be a good season. 

IMO with some of the new talent they have this year they wont have to play that style as much and can be more agressive. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats secondary is as bad as it has been in the Belichick era. The issue I had was the d could not play tired in the 4th and it had to. This hhaunted the Pats in the SB. Obviously putting Jones in the D Line rotation, Hightower in the LB corps and Gregory in the secondary will help. To jets fans I say the same thing Fewer points>INTs. In the end I take JPP, Ware or Peppers over Revis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Offense vs. (NEW) Defense : The Jets defense gave up fewer points than the patsie defense.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]
    No they didn't, not last year. Pats were 15th and Jets were 20th in points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I miss the days of yore when there was far less football information available. Nowadays, if Brady takes a cr@p it's online seconds later. It's only practice and it's someone else's opinion. Get back to me after week 6 or so. I remember reading a comment after the Patriots/Rams Super Bowl by a player who played the Patriots in the preseason. He thought the Patriots were a terrible team and had no chance at making the playoffs, let alone winning the Super Bowl. It's too early to start worrying.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I think I remember that and it's a good point. Funny thing about that pre season, I went to watch training camp that year down in Smthfield RI and I can tell you first hand that our team that year looked terrible in camp. The day I was there Pioli came out on the field all smiles to Belichick and I thought...what the hell is he smiling for? As I drove home I found out that they had just signed Bryan Cox.

That team honestly - at the point I saw them in camp - looked like one of the least talented teams in the league. Half our offensive line was hurt (Light was a rookie and hurt), Bledsoe looked terrible and I think Glenn was suspended. My friends and I were standing around thinking...8 and 8 tops.

The only thing positive I saw was a little wide receiver that ran like hell all over the place (David Patten) and a rookie defensive lineman that literally would drive offensive linemen into the ground during pass rush drills (Seymore). I've got to tell yeah, I've never seen anyone just completely overpower guys like Seymore did during that rookie camp. You could see right away that he was going to be more than good.

I still laugh at just how low on talent they looked during that camp - and then the QB goes down, guys jelled, people played over their heads, things fell right...and we win it all. Amazing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

True. Adjusted for offensive turnovers resulting in points jets gave up 324pats gave up 338 of course I don't know many teams that can survive their offense giving up two games worth of points in a 16 game season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I think I remember that and it's a good point. Funny thing about that pre season, I went to watch training camp that year down in Smthfield RI and I can tell you first hand that our team that year looked terrible in camp. The day I was there Pioli came out on the field all smiles to Belichick and I thought...what the hell is he smiling for? As I drove home I found out that they had just signed Bryan Cox. That team honestly - at the point I saw them in camp - looked like one of the least talented teams in the league. Half our offensive line was hurt (Light was a rookie and hurt), Bledsoe looked terrible and I think Glenn was suspended. My friends and I were standing around thinking...8 and 8 tops. The only thing positive I saw was a little wide receiver that ran like hell all over the place (David Patten) and a rookie defensive lineman that literally would drive offensive linemen into the ground during pass rush drills (Seymore). I've got to tell yeah, I've never seen anyone just completely overpower guys like Seymore did during that rookie camp. You could see right away that he was going to be more than good. I still laugh at just how low on talent they looked during that camp - and then the QB goes down, guys jelled, people played over their heads, things fell right...and we win it all. Amazing.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Who'd have thunk it. Amazing is right.