Offensive Line 2010.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Offensive Line 2010.....

The question I pose is who stays and who goes. Given the number of free agents the Pats will have next season, who will be the men that protect Brady;

Heres a list of Pats Free Agents  at OL and else where.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractsne.php

On an earlier thread I mentioned that the Pats of the 07 season could be very different than the Pats of 2010 season. With all these free agents, it's next to impossible to see all of them staying. I also believe the Belichick stockpiled 2nd round picks to address some of the vacancies that will occur because of free agency. With that in mind; My question is who stays and who goes on the O Line. Protecting Brady is still  vital to the Pats success. Yes who gets cut at camp will obviously play a factor, however, BB or Reese or Casario has at least one eye on the future. The Pats could literally become a younger team overnight; in a way it's already happening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Offensive Line 2010.....

John, I think the Pats will cut Britt, let Kaczur and O'Callaghann fight it out with the loser being cut, same for Neal and Hochstien, Vollmer steps up as does Ohrnberger. This, along with all those 2nd rounders the Pats will have a much younger O-line indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We really should resign Mankins, OCallaghan and Vollmer at tackle, Logan and whomever at guard and Koppen at center...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Wozzy did you mean Kaczur at Tackle? You said Mankins twice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I agree with Harley, I say Ohrnberger and Vollmer step it up.  My guess is they start by next season.  Re-sign Mankins, Let Kazcur and O'Callaghan duke it out for the Backup spot, and take a Tackle early to develop behind Matt Light should his play regress this season again.  

2010 OL (Left to Right)
    Light-Mankins-Koppen-Ohrnberger-Vollmer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Line 2010.....:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Harley, I say Ohrnberger and Vollmer step it up.  My guess is they start by next season.  Re-sign Mankins, Let Kazcur and O'Callaghan duke it out for the Backup spot, and take a Tackle early to develop behind Matt Light should his play regress this season again.   2010 OL (Left to Right) Light-Mankins-Koppen-Ohrnberger-Vollmer
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

You have the same OLine I was going to say, so ditto this post for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Offensive Line 2010.....:
    [QUOTE]Wozzy did you mean Kaczur at Tackle? You said Mankins twice.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

No I was just emphasizing the need to sign our best offensive lineman, Mankins is our best run blocker. 

O'Callaghan and Vollmer at tackle, Mankins and whomever at guard and Koppen at center.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

OK I read it wrong, yes Mankins is a must sign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I still think the Pats draft an LT with one of their first four picks (1st and 3 2nds). Vollmer looks like he'll be a mauler and yeah signing Mankins is a priority. Nice to see some people still care about the big nasties in the trenches.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Love the big nasties. I'm repeating myself but they are the most important group on the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

You bring up a good point; there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the position.  However, defensive line (Seymour and Wilfork) is the bigger question mark if only because of the way they would be viewed on the free agent market - they would be offered mega contracts.

Among those coming up for FA on the offensive line Mankins could be looking at a large contract, Neal possibly, but after that I think the ball in in the Pats' court.  I think most, including those two bigger names, will resign without issue but they will probably let some walk.  Picking up two young guys essentially means their planning for someone to leave.  Being that they value consistency in the line Neal and Mankins are the top priorities and after that it's pretty much who wants to play here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Appreciate the input. The D Line has been discussed alot on this board and if anyone wants to put a discussion topic up I WILL RESPOND. On an early 09 draft thread I mentioned the Pats could use a high pick on the D Line and they did (Brace), At the time I also mentioned that 3-4 ends are hard to find unless you convert a DT (like Seymour). There was really only one 3-4 DE worth a look in the first and we all know that Tyson Jackson went too high because of it. I would be interested to see if any of the Pats D LIne prospects can be deemed potential 3-4 ends (Brace obviously being the future at the NT). 3-4 DEs are, to me, more difficult to find than NTs and even rush OLBs. The good news is the Pats have depth on D Line; the bad news is that Belichick might have to make a Sophia's Choice Between Fork and Seymour.....especially if the brass wants to keep Mankins around for awhile. For me, the D Line and O Line are interelated because it still comes down to who gets the contract and who doesn't.