Offensive Opportunities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Offensive Opportunities

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/11/06/in-focus-charting-offensive-opportunities-for-patriots-skill-position-players-24/

RB Stevan Ridley: 127 (118 rushes, 9 catches), 9 negative rushes, 1 negative reception, 2 fumbles lost
    RB LeGarrette Blount: 70 (70 rushes, 0 catches), 8 negative runs, 1 fumble lost
    RB Brandon Bolden: 55 (38 rushes, 17 catches), 3 negative runs, 1 negative reception
    WR Julian Edelman: 51 (2 rushes, 49 catches), 6 dropped passes
    WR Aaron Dobson: 31 (0 rushes, 31 catches), 1 negative reception, 7 dropped passes
    WR Danny Amendola: 24 (1 rush, 23 catches), 1 negative reception
    WR Kenbrell Thompkins: 23 (0 rushes, 23 catches), 7 dropped passes
    QB Tom Brady: 23 (23 rushes, 0 catches), 25 sacks, 14 kneeldowns, 2 fumbles lost
    RB Shane Vereen: 21 (14 rushes, 7 catches)
    TE Rob Gronkowski: 19 (0 rushes, 19 catches)
    TE Michael Hoomanawanui: 9 (0 rushes, 9 catches)
    WR Austin Collie: 3 (0 rushes, 3 catches)
    FB James Develin: 2 (0 rushes, 2 catches)
    RB Leon Washington: 1 (1 rush, 0 catches)
    TE Matthew Mulligan: 1 (0 rushes, 1 catch)
    WR Josh Boyce: 1 (0 rushes, 1 catch)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Offensive Opportunities

Those stats are a touch off. BRady has only lost one fumble on the season, and he has been sacked 26 times. 

That is an alarming number. He was sacked 27 times all of last season, and 32 times the season prior. He may eclipse his highest sack total, 2001, when he was brought down 41 times.

This really underscores the systemic issues NE was having early this season, as most of those sacks coincide with the missed time for Gronkowski and Amendola. It also really shines a light on how effective the offensive line really is when it is required to actually block and all the passes aren't coming out so quickly.

I also think it is related to how tentatively BB has used Ridley this season.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those stats are a touch off. BRady has only lost one fumble on the season, and he has been sacked 26 times. 

That is an alarming number. He was sacked 27 times all of last season, and 32 times the season prior. He may eclipse his highest sack total, 2001, when he was brought down 41 times.

This really underscores the systemic issues NE was having early this season, as most of those sacks coincide with the missed time for Gronkowski and Amendola. It also really shines a light on how effective the offensive line really is when it is required to actually block and all the passes aren't coming out so quickly.

I also think it is related to how tentatively BB has used Ridley this season.  

[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for hits, sacks, hurries/pressures on Brady for this season vs. last season. Haven't been able to find anything yet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola = 0 Drops

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

He catches the ball very well, but he hasn't had a ton of opportunities due to time missed with injuries.  I'll like his sample size better after he has had about 70 passes thrown his way. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Amendola = 0 Drops

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

I distinctly remember a pretty bad one.  Not saying he drops a lot.  In fact, I think he's pretty sure handed.  But I can clearly remember at least one, so the stat doesn't seem accurate to me.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Amendola = 0 Drops

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

only played 50% games so far. once he gets 140+ targets we will be able to compare that ratio... discuss: