Offseason topic: Cut Amendola - sign Edelman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Offseason topic: Cut Amendola - sign Edelman?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tety's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a short idea.. what would this mean for the cap?

we still  have TJ Moe waiting on IR in case Julian gets hurt again...

[/QUOTE]

I've seen some stupid troll work here before, but this one really is at the top of the list. 

[/QUOTE]

Is it up there with your claim that BB,as a GM & HC  has nothing to do with the construction and operation of the offense?

[/QUOTE]

I don't do "claims".  I do research, state a premise and then sometimes back that a premise with a bet that I win.

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Research?  Really?  So when you have claimed repeatedly that BB wants to run the ball, but Brady changes the plays to passes, then BB debunked that, where did all your research go wrong?  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't do "claims".  I do research, state a premise and then sometimes back that a premise with a bet that I win.

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

LIAR!

During the Amendola/Welker debacle you were making a bunch of false claims... such as Amendola lining up on the outside for the Rams more then Welker did for the Patriots.  You were making false claims all the time about Amendola... I did all the research and proved every one of your claims as being false.  That's was the start of you and me being at odds around here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

First post and it's that stupid? That's either troll work or someone is too dumb to be accepted here.

[/QUOTE]

Is this why you have never been accepted here?

[/QUOTE]

Because I can tell a troll so easily?  If my first post is something like this thread title, then I would be expected to be called a troll.  Plain and simple.

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that you're even here.  Are you working from home again today, Mr President?  I thought that you'd have your face burried in your BB hoodie crying "why BB, why did you crush my world by debunking every claim I have ever made in one small interview?"  

[/QUOTE]

What interview might this be?

[/QUOTE]

^^Bwhahahhahahahahahahahha!^^

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

LIAR!

During the Amendola/Welker debacle you were making a bunch of false claims... such as Amendola lining up on the outside for the Rams more then Welker did for the Patriots.  You were making false claims all the time about Amendola... I did all the research and proved every one of your claims as being false.  That's was the start of you and me being at odds around here.

[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't.  You and me were "at odds" after SB 46 when couldn't admit Brady sucked in the 4th qtr and sinlehandledy lost the game for the team/fans.

I admit it, you don't.

Then, you had a mental breakdown when BB walked from Welkie which I am sure stunned the entire board.

As for Amendola, he is younger, lines up outside and inside and his drop rate is lower than Welker which were all the factually reasons and logic behind moving on with an Amendola/Edelman budget vs just the Welkie budget.

Now, we see Meadowland Mike aka Bustchise and other board names, creating another new board name to start a thread so he can troll in behind it.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have created another 10, just today.  You'll know when it's me when they mock you, post your own words to show what a fool you are, make fun of your claims that you are just like JFK and that whenever you are bludgeoned you go looking for typos.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

I make typos, so I don't go looking for them. However, I do point out the comedy in less intelligent people lecturing my while they repeatedly make 4th grade grammatical errors over and over, yes.  I also never compared myself to JFK.

Yes, you have at least a dozen other board names that the board (the smart people) know about here.

Have a nice day at the "standing desk"!  lol

[/QUOTE]

So, what you;re saying is that when you spelled common, commen, that was a typo? Very intersting. Those keys are not even close to each other. I did notice that when I pointed out a handful of your "typos" (bwahahahahahahahahaha) you just clammed up like the giant puss you are.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I would say keep them both if at all possible.  They compliement one another well and you can't ask for better depth if the price is right.  These two with the 4 rookies to find our outside starter works for me. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cut Amendola - no.

Sign Edelman - yes.

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to tety's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just a short idea.. what would this mean for the cap?

we still  have TJ Moe waiting on IR in case Julian gets hurt again...

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're just trolling...

If not...

1.) Amendola isn't the problem.

2.) Cutting Amendola before June 1 would COST the team $2.1mil in cap space. Post June1, the cap savings would be minimal.

3.) You do realize that the WR you want to re-sign has an injury history similar to the guy you want cut?

4.) I always liked Edelman and he is finally showing what he's capable of doing when healthy for an entire season. Amendola has been playing all year with a torn groin. Yet in week 1, he had 10 catches for 104 yards (all catches went for first downs). Therefore, shouldn't you be showing the same consideration Amendola? I'm sure he'll put up eye-popping numbers if unburdened from unlucky injuries.

5.) Like most posters on this board, the Amendola/Welker myopia prevents you from seeing the more serious problems with the Patriots offense: Brady's inconsistencies and the net loss of the Woodhead/Vereen swap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

5.) Like most posters on this board, the Amendola/Welker myopia prevents you from seeing the more serious problems with the Patriots offense: Brady's inconsistencies and the net loss of the Woodhead/Vereen swap.

[/QUOTE]

While Brady hasn't had a stellar year relative only to his normal numbers, and the Woodhead/Vereen swap has only really hurt due to being 11 weeks without Vereen, you whiffed on the main issue.  TE.  This offense has been TE driven for the last few years, and this year we had Gronk for only a few weeks, and perhaps even just as importantly went the entire year without Hernandez.

Amenola and Eldeman = Welker

Vereen = Woodheadd

Gronk and Hernandez = Here lies our #1 problem. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the dead money incurred cutting Amendola is $6.8M. Combine that with the Hern hit and the dead money balloons to almost $15M. Amendola is not getting cut.

I put the chance of Edelman coming back at less then 20%. He has earned his chance at free agency, has not yet had the chance to make money, and will find plenty of teams interested in signing him. I think the Pats as they do with every player, assign a value and do not exceed that number. The Pats have the luxury of Amendola, Collie and Boyce on the roster, and Brady throwing the ball.

Amendola IMO can be a better player than Edelman for this team. Better route runner, better hands. He simply has to stay on the field, and regain that comfort factor with Brady that they had in game 1 against the Bills.

No one can blame Edelman for the situation. He was a free agent last year, and in a limited amount of playing time, showed the Pats what kind of player he could be. They also saw him every day in practice. It was clear even to a novice like me the guy was a beast in camp. The Pats low balled him at $750 to sign him, when they could have tied him up for 3 years at a very reasonable number, 3/$10, that I think he would have signed. I have to think he is now looking at 5/$25-$28 with $10-$12 guaranteed  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, especially about amendola's potential to be better then julian. however, I disagree he will see that kind of offer from other teams.  Teams will recognize him as a system player, and expect 50 catch production although a very good pun returner. I think he comes back to N.E and stays with Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tety. Show tety's posts

thanks for some of the good replies....

and no, i am not a "troll" and this was a plain question which was in my head as i from some history following the Pats can´t imagine BB spending too much money on one position. Or did this already happen back in times?

i am in different forums (non sport) and i really don´t get this one.. why does everybody immediately starts insulting? Frown