OG Brian Waters a Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot

In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot:
    [QUOTE]I like the odds of: " don't discount a player near the twilight of his career playing out of his mind for a real chance to win a SB ring, having spent his career at KC. " Waters will throw it all out there.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

My hope too. If he can be as good as he was even last season ... the offensive line will have improved. It worries me, though, that Pioli cut him. At the same time, Pioli, like BB, does cut people a season early sometimes...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Thanks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

So Z you agree with Texas Pat's premise that NE lost its last 3 playoff games because teams rushed Brady primarily up the middle?

I was forced to watch the you tube highlights which I will save you all from. Strahan goes outside of Light and destroys Brady. Tuck goes around and outside of somebody at the end of the line for  a strip sack. The other Tuck sack looks like he comes in the middle but was lined up at DE(end of the line) the other 2 sacks had a LB delayed blitz and Alford up the middle with 19 seconds left on a desperation Hailmary. The Giants D line dominated each of our offensive linemen. No scapegoats there.

I have simply said that our o-line is not a "major concern" (guard is obviously our weakest spot but a strong unit as a whole)I also do not think that Koppen "has to be replaced" I also don't think that "Bodden is a failure", Nor do I think we should have forked over 60 million dollars for Samuel to prevent further "haunting" personnel decisions.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSZuCm7qCQ

Had to do this.

1st sack Connoly gets abused by Ellis

2nd sack Jets have 2 DOWN LINEMEN totally fooling Brady,o-line, and offensive co. result is Brady holding the ball for 6 seconds and having nowhere to go(this happened a lot)

3rd sack 2 DOWN LINEMEN result is Cb blows up Brady untouched(we still haven't figured out what to do)

4rth sack 3 down linemen result is Pace blows by Crumpler sack fumble because Brady again couldn't find an open guy. Last I checked Crumpler didn't play guard.

5th sack 4 down linemen this time and Brady again is forced to hold the ball because underneath stuff gone. sack comes from up the middle but after 5 seconds of holding the ball.

Point here is I don't think we can use the middle of our offensive line as scapegoats for losing the last 3 playoff games. the Jets in particular confused us all game by using multiple defensive fronts. We figured it out too late and left Brady out to dry.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot : Again, not concerned. Connolly's sprained ankle actually is blessing in disuguise, but I like Connolly and even Wendell.   Cannon and SOlder could be the real deal as well. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Russ...how is Connolly's sprained ankle a "blessing in disguise"?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, NICE SPINNING. Justin Tuck is a DE 2 sacks Strahan is a DE 1 sack

RESPONSE: Tuck came up the middle...as did Kiwanuka. I didn't say anything about Strahan coming up the middle.

I remember both dusting our tackles, and in the link you provided it simply repeats what I already stated that the Giants(who were the #1 sack team in the NFL) dominated our entire offensive line.

RESPONSE: The Giants' game plan was to pressure Brady up the middle. That's what they did. Go back and watch the game, if you can stomach it.

It does not back up any point you think you may have made about our interior linemen being the culprits, just so you know. The only interior pass rusher to record a sack was Alford with 19 seconds left on the clock when Brady was throwing hailmary's.  So nice attempt at spinning.

RESPONSE: Yawn!! Go back and watch the game.

I said BB has done nothing to shore up the interior o-line because I don't think he felt like he needed to, which directly contradicts your point. In case you forgot it, your point was our interior line was responsible for our last 3 playoff losses.

RESPONSE: No. My point was that teams' strategized to pressure Brady over the middle...as they determined that the Pats' OGs and center were the weakest link...and it was the fastest way to pressure Brady, and force him out of his comfort zone. But, the entire OL played poorly.  

If Belichick felt this way I believe he would have addressed it other then continue to play the same guys he already had(Koppen,Neal,Mankins and whoever else)

RESPONSE: The interior of the OL had problems handling the stunts used by the Jets and Giants. The Patriots' were out-coached in both games.

Just to be clear I am directly opposed to your notion that our offensive line is any more a concern then what 32 other teams have. I agree we need guard depth but only because of recent injuries to Connoly and Rich O.

RESPONSE: Well...that's because you can't be objective. What's your take on why the Pats lost to the Giants in the SB, and to the Ravens and Jets in the play-offs, at home? 
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]It made them be aggressive in getting a Guard/Waters and improves the RG spot.

Do you think that Waters is an upgrade over Connolly?     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot :      I have to disagree with you that Solder played well during the pre-season. He was repeatedly over-powered by bull-rushing DEs. He needs to add some bulk, and some muscle to his athletic 6'8" frame.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I'd disagree. For any rookie tackle to come in and play as much as he did in the pre season, I thought he did very well. His athleticism is outstanding and his balance and feet are superb. He is too stream line to handle big players consistently right now, but with one year in the weight room, he should be a star.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot : I have said that repeatedly.  Are you blind or just being combative for attention? Brian Waters learned from GREAT All Pro Will Shields and is like a 5 time Pro Bowler. Waters is better than Mankins.

King, you go to far here, IMO.  He is good but not Logan's equal and at 34 Waters may be running downhill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OG Brian Waters a Patriot : I have said that repeatedly.  Are you blind or just being combative for attention? Brian Waters learned from GREAT All Pro Will Shields and is like a 5 time Pro Bowler. Waters is better than Mankins.

Calm down, Rusty!! I'm sorry!! But...I understand your frustration. I've had to repeat 7 times in my thread on "Personnel Moves Haunting the Patriots" that I didn't start the thread to criticize BB...but to get some good Patriots' football discussions going.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't know who's better Mankins or Waters and don't really care.  Waters appears to be a significant upgrade over what the Pats had.  If Waters can bring 80% of what he was game in, game out then the signing is worthwhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Waters sounds like a Patriot player, just wish he were 10 years younger.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's a good article on Patriots' guard, Brian Waters...who will be the first Patriots' player to wear #54, since Tedy Bruschi retired: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6933034/new-england-patriots-og-brian-waters-preparing-start-week-1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

After OG Brian Waters was released by the Chiefs, he was hoping that the Patriots would call: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patriots_06_09-06-11_BCQ67OM.2d03729.html