Oh my gosh...Randy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Oh my gosh...Randy

did any of you catch randys speech after the game? Um let me just say if not you need to. I get where he was coming from  but when the reporter asked him do you understand what you are doing by saying this? You are taking away from the teams win today.

Randy stated he did not think he was. I really don't know how to take it all. I mean if it was a good thing or not. Right now I want to say it wasn't.

Anyone who heard it please state your thoughts.

Am happy Pats won today though. Go Pats now kill the Jets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Oh my gosh...Randy

I think we ought to offer the guy a contact.

The fact that he doesn't have a contract is clearly weighing heavily on him. He's played well since coming here, and he's in store for one last pay-day.

Since Mankins can't get himself together, and since the offensive line was fine without him, I say that we split the Mankins offer between Wes and Randy. Re-structure Wes's deal, and give Randy a new contract that will start next season.

Ultimately though, I'm just happy that we got the win, and I'm happy that Tom is locked-up long-term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Thread already started

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

In Response to Re: Oh my gosh...Randy:
    [QUOTE]Thread already started
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I know rocky. they overlapped. It is ok. I still want to read what everyone who saw it thought. I wish they would just sign him. I got the feeling Mr. Kraft and Co. haven't said a thing to him. I thought maybe they were waiting for Tom. He just signed Thur. (I know you all know that). I guess I was just surprised that Randy said that right after the first win. I hope he gets his contract and can stay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hinkle. Show hinkle's posts

looks like he wants to play for the niners next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Any links of the video?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Any links of the video?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=44464&pcid=82

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

hes right sometimes he doesnt get a fair shake from the media, hes done nothing but put up 1000 yards seasons ever since hes been here. randy is  a great football player(id say probably second best to jerry rice) and deserves the benefit of the doubt. he says hes unhappy about his contract situation and people make it out like hes unhappy here. i can understand kind of were hes comin from(not as much as would if it werent for the current economic situation) but  he wants job security. but then again dont we all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I believe Randy is having more trouble with the Patriot's than he is letting on.  The first few years he was a perfect soldier and a listed as a team Captain.  Now he is spouting off un-like Patriot Moss. 

Today Randy stood at the podium and rambled on and I was begging him to stop before he made the situation worse.

A few things I have noticed are:

- Moss is no longer a Captain on the team
    - He has not recieved a contract offer
    - Moss is getting older and the Patriots have young TE's and WR's to   help replace him.  (better value)  Belichick and Kraft prefer VALUE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Oh my gosh...Randy:
    [QUOTE]did any of you catch randys speech after the game? Um let me just say if not you need to. I get where he was coming from  but when the reporter asked him do you understand what you are doing by saying this? You are taking away from the teams win today. Randy stated he did not think he was. I really don't know how to take it all. I mean if it was a good thing or not. Right now I want to say it wasn't. Anyone who heard it please state your thoughts. Am happy Pats won today though. Go Pats now kill the Jets.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

was okay with his statments...he was basically sticking up for himself, and saying the media is going to portray him in a negative light regardless of what or how he says anything.

In addition, he stated he would like to stay a Patriot - but from a business perspective - that it is unlikely. He may very well be right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Oh my gosh...Randy : was okay with his statments...he was basically sticking up for himself, and saying the media is going to portray him in a negative light regardless of what or how he says anything. In addition, he stated he would like to stay a Patriot - but from a business perspective - that it is unlikely. He may very well be right.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Bubba, the Media last year picked on him at times because of his lack of play, no one knew the physical problems he had due to the Patriots not letting anyone know his injuries. Kind of  a double wammy yes but not the media's fault for not knowing why he wasnt playing hard. Remember this guy has a history of being a sore sport and quitter by dogging his game.

And lets be honest, Bill B has proven you dont need an expensive Moss to win Super Bowls, and now has a stud line up of recievers. Letting Moss go next year gets them room to fill in at running back and line backers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Like any employee, he wants to be appreciated.  So the owners and managers should be vocal and let him know how they feel.  Praise gets a lot more than criticism.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

I agree with Randy but he should have picked a better time to say it. Very selfish to do it right after the end of the game.