OK, everyone has had a chance to spout off about politics.. throw your last bombs if you like and lets get back to football

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

OK, everyone has had a chance to spout off about politics.. throw your last bombs if you like and lets get back to football

Feel free to have the last word in those threads and let's then get back to the Pats and hoping we have even MORE reason to be excited about 2014.

I for one continue to hope we focus on building a dominant O line and D line while signing Talib so we have a good core in the secondary. - and yes it would be great to finally find Harrison's replacement just as it would be great to finally find Seymours... and/or Moss' (maybe the young WRs have it in one or two of them to bring real value even if they do not turn out to be all world... remember the days of Branch and Givens and Patten - none all world but a very good group for this offense and TB).

But I hope the greatest focus is in the two lines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: OK, everyone has had a chance to spout off about politics.. throw your last bombs if you like and lets get back to football

I happen to agree that the Pats need to address both the O and D lines.  That said, I'm also concerned about the lack of depth at the TE position.  I'm sure he is out there but I'm also beginning to wonder if that 'put the hammer down' safety ala Rodney is but a unicorn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Re: OK, everyone has had a chance to spout off about politics.. throw your last bombs if you like and lets get back to football

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Feel free to have the last word in those threads and let's then get back to the Pats and hoping we have even MORE reason to be excited about 2014.

I for one continue to hope we focus on building a dominant O line and D line while signing Talib so we have a good core in the secondary. - and yes it would be great to finally find Harrison's replacement just as it would be great to finally find Seymours... and/or Moss' (maybe the young WRs have it in one or two of them to bring real value even if they do not turn out to be all world... remember the days of Branch and Givens and Patten - none all world but a very good group for this offense and TB).

But I hope the greatest focus is in the two lines.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. The Patriots OL has to keep Brady upright and minimize pressures, hits, sacks, hurries. It's absolutely hysterical to think that there are fans who think it's only Brady's fault - and fail to see the relationship between the performance of the OL and the performance of the QB.

For the DL - we do need help on the inside. Another Ted Washington/Wilfork type would help the run D.  Getting pressure on the QB up the middle would be icing on the cake.  I would place more importance on a better pass rush with a couple of better DE/OLB types. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the priorities (more or less in order) have to be:

Interior D line

Interior O line

Corner (if Talib is not signed)

TE

Safety

WR (depending a bit on how BB evaluates Dobson's potential and what happens with Edelman)

LB

DE

KR

PR

The only positions where I don't see need are RB, OT (assuming Vollmer is back), kicker, punter, gunner. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Interior D-Line could either be looked at as needing a total make over, or it could be a huge positive if Wilfork, Kelly and Armstead come back and are truely healthy. Kelly was playing well last year before he got hurt. I think Vince will come back with something to prove. And no one knows what Armstead brings. All three have had  issues with health obviously, and Wilfork also has the huge contract hanging over himself and the team. But the potential is there for that group to be a strong defensive line. Another young stud would definitely help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interior D-Line could either be looked at as needing a total make over, or it could be a huge positive if Wilfork, Kelly and Armstead come back and are truely healthy. Kelly was playing well last year before he got hurt. I think Vince will come back with something to prove. And no one knows what Armstead brings. All three have had  issues with health obviously, and Wilfork also has the huge contract hanging over himself and the team. But the potential is there for that group to be a strong defensive line. Another young stud would definitely help.

[/QUOTE]

Like the optimism, but prepare for the worst.  Let's get some players in for training camp who can vie for a starting position or at least add depth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like the optimism, but prepare for the worst.  Let's get some players in for training camp who can vie for a starting position or at least add depth.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if all goes well, the line could be good with the current players, but Kelly and Wilfork are aging players who will need to be replaced soon anyway and are coming off injuries that put their futures in doubt. Good time to start finding their replacements.