old buddy walt Coleman to ref pats/Atlanta

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

old buddy walt Coleman to ref pats/Atlanta

Somehow that leaves one less thing to worry about...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: old buddy walt Coleman to ref pats/Atlanta

I rarley use the term, and I know you are a Pats fan - I think.  But this is trollish... no?  Or did you read an article somewhere that brought it up, and thought it would be funny or creative?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I rarley use the term, and I know you are a Pats fan - I think.  But this is trollish... no?  Or did you read an article somewhere that brought it up, and thought it would be funny or creative?

not sure what your interpretation is, but Coleman certainly has been friendly with his interpretations... dont you ever worry about a ref botching a game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

not sure what your interpretation is, but Coleman certainly has been friendly with his interpretations... dont you ever worry about a ref botching a game?

Always.  that's why it's up the team to make the win decisive and not leave it up to the refs to make the call...

Still I don't think Coleman is a Pats fan or something... so it's really irrelevant.  

You're just bringing up the tuck rule IMO, which alluded me to the aforementioned trolling...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

For all the Pats haters and Oakland fans. A small refresher on the Oak - NE division al playoff 2001:

1. Brady lost the ball on a strip....Coleman thought it might be an incomplete originally (his words) but called it a fumble, that way it was not irreversable and could be reviewed. (he made a pro Oakland call but reviewable)

2. The play was reviewed and the correct call was made - incomplete. The Arm showed forward motion.

3. Not reversing the call would have been the wrong call and not adhere to the rule on the book at the time. Hundreds of thousands of Oakland fans and fans of other teams to this day have built a mythology around this to the contrary. For Oakland to win that game NE would have had to be cheated...not the other way around as has been accepted as truth.

4. Tuck rule is Karma neutral for NE. The way Oakland folded after that was not. Also the roughing the passer call vs. Sugar Bear Hamilton in '75 was a (huge) bad call and was in Oaklands favor. The Karmic load on Oakland is exacerbated by Oaklands players and fans defeatism and denial that they are somehow victims. This has lead to years of drought and misery for that franchise.

Please, no loser trolling on this now, it is like bringing up spygate. You diminish your team and yourself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

a lot of water over the dam since that game, really.  Coleman is just a good ref and he has shown that for the 12 years ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I suppose that in order for there to be "bad" officials (and there are) there would have to be comparatively "good" officials as well. It's difficult for me to differentiate as I think that the game is being officiated to death and nobody seems to care very much. At least one of the networks even has a retired official on stand-verybody by to tell all the viewers at home what a swell job the officials are doing every time they screw something up and it takes forever to sort it out.

It's even gotten to the point where I'm noticing play-by-play announcers going out of there way to mention that they don't see any flags after a big play (which is becoming rarer and rarer).

I don't know . . .   maybe I'm just  one of those old guys who doesn't remember things the way they really were, and maybe the officials have been ruining the game all along -- the same way Ben Dreith ruined that game in Oakland all those years ago.

It just seems so much worse to me now.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

I suppose that in order for there to be "bad" officials (and there are) there would have to be comparatively "good" officials as well. It's difficult for me to differentiate as I think that the game is being officiated to death and nobody seems to care very much. At least one of the networks even has a retired official on stand-verybody by to tell all the viewers at home what a swell job the officials are doing every time they screw something up and it takes forever to sort it out.

It's even gotten to the point where I'm noticing play-by-play announcers going out of there way to mention that they don't see any flags after a big play (which is becoming rarer and rarer).

I don't know . . .   maybe I'm just  one of those old guys who doesn't remember things the way they really were, and maybe the officials have been ruining the game all along -- the same way Ben Dreith ruined that game in Oakland all those years ago.

Yeah.  At this point on a downfield pass you expect the following things to occur with every incompletion:

1) The receiver gets up with his head on a swivel, arms outstretched begging/looking for a flag

2) The home crowd (where applicable) gets louder, egged on by the player and the "Jumbotron" replay

3) The officials take stock of their lives and randomly toss flags (this can occur as late as 10 seconds after the play)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah.  At this point on a downfield pass you expect the following things to occur with every incompletion:

1) The receiver gets up with his head on a swivel, arms outstretched begging/looking for a flag

2) The home crowd (where applicable) gets louder, egged on by the player and the "Jumbotron" replay

3) The officials take stock of their lives and randomly toss flags (this can occur as late as 10 seconds after the play)

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much...  All you can hope for is that it's even for both teams and that the flags have some merit.

Pass coverage is an art , at this point.  makes you appreciate great coverage when it happens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

For all the Pats haters and Oakland fans. A small refresher on the Oak - NE division al playoff 2001:

1. Brady lost the ball on a strip....Coleman thought it might be an incomplete originally (his words) but called it a fumble, that way it was not irreversable and could be reviewed. (he made a pro Oakland call but reviewable)

2. The play was reviewed and the correct call was made - incomplete. The Arm showed forward motion.

3. Not reversing the call would have been the wrong call and not adhere to the rule on the book at the time. Hundreds of thousands of Oakland fans and fans of other teams to this day have built a mythology around this to the contrary. For Oakland to win that game NE would have had to be cheated...not the other way around as has been accepted as truth.

4. Tuck rule is Karma neutral for NE. The way Oakland folded after that was not. Also the roughing the passer call vs. Sugar Bear Hamilton in '75 was a (huge) bad call and was in Oaklands favor. The Karmic load on Oakland is exacerbated by Oaklands players and fans defeatism and denial that they are somehow victims. This has lead to years of drought and misery for that franchise.

Please, no loser trolling on this now, it is like bringing up spygate. You diminish your team and yourself.

Spot-on Sir, yet, nobody outside of the NE fandom realm will ever admit to this. We are alone in our universe here. That is all. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc.