Oline needs to step up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Oline needs to step up

Hopefully Mankins can get healthier as the season goes on.

This offense would be that much better had Waters and Light come back.

The running game has been encouraging...the pass protection, not so much.

Pats have a couple of sick defenses on the schedule, starting with SEA, then HOU and SF. All three can stop the run and rush the passer. They also have DBs that can press the WRs.

Really glad the Pats have to face the top defenses (Arizona, Seattle, Houston, SF) in the reg season). Should help prepare what has recently been a dissappointing playoff offense for the playoffs. (Yeah, barring serious injuries, I'm just gonna give the AFC East to the Pats)

Also can't wait to see what happens to the offense once Hernandez and Edelman is back. Hopedully BB doesn't put WW back on the bench (Honestly speaking though, it wouldnt surprise me if he did)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Oline needs to step up

i'm still thinking that our defensive 7 needs to continue to ramp things up....and the secondary too.

Not sure why peeps are still hung up on the offense.  The team needs the defense to win some games for them...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

godda love all that holding on chandler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No kidding! I know he's a rookie...but damn.

And the OLine needs to step up? They've run for over 400 yards in 2 weeks? What do you want, 500 over the next two?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I have no problem with the O-Line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

i'm optimistic about the oline...as i think they will get better as season goes on

Would like to see Cannon get some time and develop more....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to No-Mercy-Defence's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No kidding! I know he's a rookie...but damn.

And the OLine needs to step up? They've run for over 400 yards in 2 weeks? What do you want, 500 over the next two?

[/QUOTE]

Im optimistic about the rushing yards...but Denver isnt a top notch D, and the four sacks worry me. You can't just look at the numbers, the opposition makes a difference too. SF put 300 on the ground and air on Buffalo...so at some point you have to wonder how much goes on the effectiveness on the offense, and ineffectiveness of the defense.

You would hope that a dominant run game should help slow down the opponents pass rush, so my worry is: What happens when they don't have success running the ball. (i.e. Arizona game)

Again, hopefully playing these defenses will best prepare this offense for the playoffs.

And I am more worried about the defense than the offense. But I thought I would start a thread about the offense since we already know the defense will be criticized heavily. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

lets  see .....last week 2 100 yard receivers 2 100 yard rushers 1 300 yard passer only the 2nd this has been accomplished

this week... team record 35 first downs

yup lets blow up this oline, scrap it, fire Scar, and start over ....good grief

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Yeah running for 250 yards is unacceptable. We should cut the entire line!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'm optimistic about the oline...as i think they will get better as season goes on

Would like to see Cannon get some time and develop more....

[/QUOTE]

The thing that impressed me the most today with the O-Line is when Mankins and Vollmer both went out we kept drilling denver. That was sick. It tells me that it is as much of a philosiphy as it is the talent of the O-Line players individually. WE have 3 games and then the Bye week. I bet we'll really be cranking coming back from the bye.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

And it's been one game (actually, not even a whole game) but I really liked what I saw from Dennard. Hopefully that makes 4 impact rookies on D (Hightower, Jones, Wilson, Dennard)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

And I never said the Oline needed to be changed. Im saying they could've played better and will need to play better in the future.

And I also don't understand why people keep bringing up the rushing yards. My main concern was with pass protection

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

it's about bring home another SB ring, baby :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

now that it seems that we have a run game... its gonna be waaaaaay harder for good defenses to stop us !!!

its not gonna be so "easy" to stop us... WELKER, GRONK, HERNANDEZ, LLOYD + RUN GAME

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They have done a nice job opening up some big holes for the running game. It seems like every time they go up against a stud pass rusher they shut him out. A lot of that is the great coaching job Scar does IMO . The line will keep improving.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Speaking about looking at mroe than numbers, about those sacks:

You mean the one where Brady ducked the phantom rusher that wasn't there, then looked behind him, then got sacked?

Or the one where Von Miller ran all the way around like he was doing a reverse, and had time to circle back and get the sack?

This season, more of the sacks have been on Brady than I can remember. He's still great, but he's definitely feeling the rush more, especially when it isn't there. Also, he's not getting rid of it like he should...ie, 4th down 20 yard loss. Many times this seaosn I"ve screamed at the tv "GET RID OF IT", much to the chagrin of my dogs, girlfriend and daughter who has told me, "Daddy, you're being too loud!" I try to explain to her that a QB should have a ticking clock in his head, and the alarm has been sounding loudly for a while...for some reason, the 3 year old doesn't get it. SHe does, however, echo my "GROOOOONK!" chants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

When i saw brady duck from the phantom's grasp i yelled at 

My TV and to brady throw the FKN BALL!!!!!!! Bahhhh wtf.......sacked.