Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#

It's Wilhite  (and yes he still ^%$#)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

He came thru last week for 3 quarters..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$#:
    [QUOTE]He came thru last week for 3 quarters..
    Posted by ponyoto[/QUOTE] Are you serious he got burned for two touchdowns against the Colts !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I like Wilhite actually. Yea, he got burned a few times by Peyton Manning. Ok, I can let that slide because it is Peyton Manning. He is only in his second year and was a 4th round pick. Samuel was a 4th round pick and got burned deep a few times early in his career. I do not feel as nervous with him on the field as I did with Samuel on the field when he was in his second year. We just need a little more consistent pass rush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I would say Wilhite is a poor man's Ellis Hobbs. The TD he gave up today was poor. He was in position, he saw the ball coming and he did nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

He is still learning i mean hes right there with guys he just needs to rotate when the ball comes and make a play on it.  Hes def not getting burned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]I would say Wilhite is a poor man's Ellis Hobbs. The TD he gave up today was poor. He was in position, he saw the ball coming and he did nothing.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree just a little bit....I like hobbs, but he was terrible.  especially last season.  It seemed like every pass thrown in his direction went for 8-15 yrds.  He played extra soft.

Dont get me wrong...wilhite frustrates me and probably will continue to frustrate me, but he is a much better improvement than Hobbs.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$# : I have to disagree just a little bit....I like hobbs, but he was terrible.  especially last season.  It seemed like every pass thrown in his direction went for 8-15 yrds.  He played extra soft. Dont get me wrong...wilhite frustrates me and probably will continue to frustrate me, but he is a much better improvement than Hobbs.   
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

I hear you..My reaction is knee jerk after watching him again today.He did remind me of Hobbs out there on that play for the TD which scares me. Even when Hobbs was in position to make the play he couldn't most of the time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I agree with Maritime, Asante wasn't exactly the greatest CB in his first couple of starts. I wanted him kicked off the team, this is Wilhite's first season as a Starter. I'll be happy with his mistakes because the other members of the secondary will step up and make the stop. He doesn't get burned, just beaten.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He was also the reason Bodden got the third INT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swifttight. Show Swifttight's posts

Drew Bees will eat this kid's lunch next week

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

He is horrible.  He makes me miss Hobbs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

no. you guys are dumb.  he didnt get burned... he got beaten.  i like the asante samuel comparison.  

p.s. check the reggie wayne TD at the end of the game last week... he nearly broke it up.

give him time and he can be legit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]I would say Wilhite is a poor man's Ellis Hobbs. The TD he gave up today was poor. He was in position, he saw the ball coming and he did nothing.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? He is much better than Hobbs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

The only thing I miss about Hobbs is his kick return ability. Believe he averaged 30 yards or so for a couple of seasons. That is going to be top three in the league every year.

Maybe it is a new scheme or something, but the corners on this 09 team seem to play press coverage a lot more. Always found with Hobbs, he was playing 15 yards off receivers every play. That is not how I want to see our defense play. Semi prevent D in the 1st quarter. Rather see the press, which allows our rushers more time and throws off a QBs rythm. I want an attacking D. Wilhite is a better cover corner than Hobbs, which allows him to play up a little tighter. It also makes him more susceptible against the deep ball, which is what you refer to as getting burned.

I'd rather get burned once a game than consistently get beat for 10-15 yards like Hobbs did. That keeps your D on the field longer and  the ball out of Tom's hands. Also, Wilhite doesn't seem to say that he's a top corner in the league and deserves to get paid like one, like Hobbs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

That would be yes. Man do I miss Ty Law!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

I hate to repeat myself from a previous thread but Wilhite is not as bad as some would like to claim.  He got beat by a perfect throw to Cotchery in the 3rd quarter - one of the few Sanchez threw.  Between Bodden, Butler, and Wilhite that is as a good a group of corners this team has had in a few years.  In agreement with Maritime on the press coverage, and I believe that is the confidence they have in their safeties.  Merriweather is playing Pro Bowl ball, and McGowan has been outstanding.  Throw in Chung, and that is as physical group of safeties as there are in the league.  The safety strength allows the CBs to roll up and play tighter.  That play v Wayne last week was an incredible catch.  All that being said next week will be a huge test v this secondary, and I like our chances. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG does Jonathan Wilhite ^%$# : Are you kidding? He is much better than Hobbs. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

Hey, I exagerated a little to make my point but your giving him a little too much credit at this point. He may be better than Hobbs but he's not "much" better. This isn't his rookie year. He may not have started last year but he did get to see action and he did have a year under his belt to learn. I'm not writing the guy off but he's not playing that good.

Rodimus--I miss Law too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Why r u guys complaing he makes millions and u guys dont He is a very good young Talnted CB and everybody makes some misktakes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"you guys are dumb" "he nearly broke it up."

I don't see the nearly and he does suckks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Can anyone point out some plays he has made other than when the ball was thrown directly to him - what passes has he broken up?  What good tackles has he made?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

#24 has given up/burned in four straight games for A long TD in one on one coverage.  Every time he was cleanly beaten off the line.  Is this the same guy who pulled a groin running to get a pre-game slurppie?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]"you guys are dumb" "he nearly broke it up." I don't see the nearly and he does suckks.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]
    wayne literally caught it with his fingertips... more of an amazing catch than bad CB play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In his defense, he was covering Reggie Wayne who had PM throwing to him.  Thats not an easy task.  He may not be the best DB on the team, but he is much better than anyone on the 2008 team, including the 2008 Jonathan Wilhite.

These guys will get better.   I put the majority of the blame on the D-Line.  They played well tonight, but still not that impressed.  They need more pressure.  Sanchez is not that good right now.  

Last week the d played pretty good against indy, but due to injuries they couldnt put the same type of pressure they did in the first half on PM, so he carved them up.

Its a full team effort.  Not just one level of the defense.

All in all, I like this secondary....dline....ugh...not so much.