ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE..Please reply!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE..Please reply!!!

I always joke in here and try to have fun, but I wonder what all of you think as football fans on a very serious issue. It's not about the Patriots but about Ben Rothlesburger.
    I stated before that I can take the Fighters, the drunks, even the guys that shoot themselves or foolishly carry guns around, but this goes way beyond that.......
    The most serious issue would be that if any of you here in these forums were charged with what he has done, you would be arrested, put in jail most likely without bond, then if found guilty serve 7 to 12 years in prison and then be labeled a sexual predator for the rest of your life. At the very least Mike Vick sevred prison time for what he did, but what seems to be with Ben R is a pattern showing that he goes out to track these kinds of women down where he can use his status and people to do his bidding. Without a doubt he is stalking a prey. In my opinon he should be banned from the NFL for at least a year and made to seek treatment. I could be wrong and way off here but he has all the makings of a serial rapist  (anyone interested he is a link that fits Big Ben very well......http://www.paralumun.com/issuesprofile.htm )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE..Please reply!!!

Rothlessbugger is a tool scum-bag....he, Marshall and Santanio Holmes should go for a ride on a motercycle together without helmets on with Stallworth driving in their direction....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Stomper although I agree with you that he raped that girl and he is a dirt bag him me or you it does not matter no one would go to jail with the details of the case. She willingly went into a mens room with him and beyond that we dont know what happened and if that was the case and i was arrested i would get off and so would you money has nothing to do with it. But IMO he raped that girl but she cant prove it and its not what you did its what you can prove.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

And also again although I agree with you that he did it, they cant prove it and what Mike Vick did was proved with out a shadow of a doubt and thats why he went to jail. You cant ban him for a year when he was not charged with anything and that is just a fact. If he was charged i would say the same thing but in the eyes of the court he is innocent so they can not ban him from the NFL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE..Please reply!!!:
    Stomper although I agree with you that he raped that girl and he is a dirt bag him me or you it does not matter no one would go to jail with the details of the case. She willingly went into a mens room with him and beyond that we dont know what happened and if that was the case and i was arrested i would get off and so would you money has nothing to do with it. But IMO he raped that girl but she cant prove it and its not what you did its what you can prove.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

There are reports that she was dragged in there by his body guard.....that doesn't seem willing.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

No matter what did or didn't happen in the bathroom, Roethlisberger admits he bought all the girls drinks and that is contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    You or I certainly would be charged and easily convicted of that. But that doesn't really answer the question posed. This kid needs to be in some kind of therapy. He's got problems and he's a danger to himself and to people around him. What troubles me even more is that word on the street is not that Roethlisberger is dealing with his issues, but that the Steelers are contemplating trading him. If I cared anything at all about Ben Roethlisberger, I would be worried for him. He's going to self-destuct -- and that's to say nothing of whomever else he may drag down with him (or already has).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

And also again although I agree with you that he did it, they cant prove it and what Mike Vick did was proved with out a shadow of a doubt and thats why he went to jail. You cant ban him for a year when he was not charged with anything and that is just a fact. If he was charged i would say the same thing but in the eyes of the court he is innocent so they can not ban him from the NFL.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

It looks like they are going to change that rule.....

NFL changing penalties for personal-conduct problems?

Ben RoethlisbergerThe Ben Roethlisberger(notes) public-relations problem is having a serious effect in the NFL. The league is apparently sick of its players seemingly being constantly in the news for off-the-field incidents and, according to the New York Times, is considering changing the way it approaches its personal-conduct policy to help address the situation.

The way things are currently, players don't really have to worry about the league coming down on them unless they get actually arrested or charged with a crime. The Times got hold of a league memo from earlier this month that suggests that could change.

"The Policy makes clear that NFL and club personnel must do more than simply avoid criminal behavior," the memo says. "We must conduct ourselves in a way that 'is responsible, that promotes the values upon which the league is based, and is lawful.'"

Instead of waiting for an arrest, the league seems to be suggesting that any investigation of a player's off-field behavior can be seen as a "proceeding" worthy of potential league punishment. "Whether it involves your team or another, these incidents affect us all - every investigation, arrest, or other allegation of improper conduct undermines the respect for our league by our fans, lessens the confidence of our business partners and threatens the continued success of our brand," the memo goes on to say.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the next player that behaves badly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Ben has issues. No doubt about it.

Here's a guy that I'm guessing has no problem getting laid. Super Bowl rings? Check. Piles of cash? Check. Good looking? Check.

So why does he go after women that all plead "No!"?

You mean this guy has yet to meet a nice woman? I think it says a lot that he has a pattern of going after young girls that are essentially college party girls. He has to go to seedy bars. Wears t-shirts that glorify getting drunk.

His head seems to be stuck in high school. Like the studly QB on the team that can't believe girls want to score with him. That even if they say "No!" he feels that means "Yes!" in his twisted cranium.

He's had how many concussions? And he's treating his head like a ankle injury. He should stay away from alcohol. That part seems to be overshadowed by the sexual history of this guy. Alcohol seems to be the other problem.

I'm sure his PR team will encourage him to "deal with this" by announcing he's "checked himself into a facilty to deal with his 'addiction problem' and other areas of his life". A People magazine cover. An appearance on Oprah. Yada, yada.

IMO, it's too late. He's a very sick man and it's telling that he not only ignored Terry Bradshaw's advice, he ignores him completely. He was too arrogant to believe he needed advice. Now the worm has turned. I feel bad for Steelers fans and the Rooney family as well. At the very least, they deserve better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I come from this as having a background in law enforcement and he would not be on my team to have it happen a second time and I don't care where I took him in the draft. I would have moved on from him after the first time especially with it coming on the heels of that stupid Motorcycle crash. 

Look it is not a "mistake" when this stuff happens. It shows a character flaw and one I would not be willing to have on my team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Also... Terry Bradshaw has spoken a couple times about this and I agree with him... he is not a nice guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I come from this as having a background in law enforcement and he would not be on my team to have it happen a second time and I don't care where I took him in the draft. I would have moved on from him after the first time especially with it coming on the heels of that stupid Motorcycle crash.  Look it is not a "mistake" when this stuff happens. It shows a character flaw and one I would not be willing to have on my team. 
    Posted by DaBlade

You know, I hate to even mention this but, I have to be honest here. If Ben were black do you think he'd be treated the same? Sadly, I have my doubts and I HATE playing the race card. I can't help but wonder..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

So why does he go after women that all plead "No!"?

He really isn't "big" Ben after all!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Also... Terry Bradshaw has spoken a couple times about this and I agree with him... he is not a nice guy.
    Posted by DaBlade

dablade, I too am in law enforcement and I work sex crimes.  I have to disagree with you.  We dont know both sides of the story.  no charges came of the first incident.  So far no charges in the 2nd one.  Any crazy woman can accuse one of us and if we were famous and rich it could get blown up like this has.
    I am not saying if he is guilty he shouldnt go to jail, just that we dont know everything at this time. If he did it, I hope they ban him, take back his signing bonus, and he get "special" treatment in jail in the showers.
    However, I am pretty sure if TB was charged, we would all rally around him saying she is just a money grubbing gold digger looking for a payout.  Atleast until real proof was made public. 
    There is allot still to unfold in this. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Rothlessbugger is a tool scum-bag....he, Marshall and Santanio Holmes should go for a ride on a motercycle together without helmets on with Stallworth driving in their direction....
    Posted by m1021us

Dang dude......harsh!  LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Even if they change the rules they still wont ban him for a year, he might get a suspension but a ban? no effing way.

The first person who took him to court for money but never filed criminal charges against him has since been shown to be a bit off her rocker and has even told people she wants to have his babies so i doubt he raped the first girl but I defiantly think he raped this 20 year old. But again its not about what he did its about what they can prove.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sometimes when the crime is hanus enough we feel the most conservative approach is to assume guilt.  Unfortunately we will probably never know what actually happenned and there has to be some standard for guilt.  If the NFL wants to suspend people on accusations than that is some very dangerous ground as anyone can accuse anyone else of anything.  My guess would be probably guilty, but definitely an A-hole.  Probably doesn't cut it though which means he will likely not be punished by the NFL.  The Rooney's on the other hand have no burden of proof, and don't need to see a law broken.  They can dump him for being an A-hole and I hope they do.

For the Law enforcement folks:

Is it possible to settle with the victim in exchange for her swearing not to testify? 
    Is that legal? 
    It wouldn't be legal to make that deal with a witness in a murder trial would it?
    Can the state pursue the case anyway, and force her to testify?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

i hated this guy forever and wish he never played again after the motorcycle crash...

i guess it would of proved my wish right if he just career ending injury...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I would like to know the law in the state this happened in (I believe Ga.).  In many states a drunk person (girl) can not consent to sex.  She was very young and drunk.  At best he is a sexual predator looking to pray on helpless girls.  The guy needs to be shanked in the eyes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Rapelisberger is quite the psychopath. There are plenty of girls who would spread their legs for the ugly bastid. All he has to do is flash the money. Being a star QB for one of the best teams in history has it's advantages. BR has his own set of rules apparently. Why doesn't he call Tiger Woods and get some of his connections?

Because BR is a sicko who wants to predate drunken young girls, i hope justice finds him some day but i doubt it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea at the very least Tcal is right take his eyes! lol but all joking aside the guy was not charged and therefore shouldnt be banned, suspended yes but banned no.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think Ben has a future as a preist.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Is there any history of Ben doing anything prior to all of his concussions? Sociopaths don't start in their late 20's they start their deviant behavior much earlier. If there is a record of him abusing girls/women starting around puberty then it make sense to conclude he's a sexual sociopath, but if all this has occurred after being drafted and post concussion leads me to believe that more damage was inflicted to Ben's brain than is being said. He should be made to seek evaluation and treatment and then be tried and locked up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I find it hard to believe they won't give him the Michael Vick treatment.  he's needs to be suspended. the steelers need to wash their hands of him as he pretty much has tarnished the city and team image. looks like they'll be looking for a new QB

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Wont happen, if they trade him they are stupid. The guy was not found guilty, he is not going to jail so suspend him for a few games but if they trade him the are dumber then i thought, the guy is a winner whether i like it or not and i dont but its the truth. next to Tom Brady he is the most successful QB in the last decade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thread starter is correct on any average Joe being thrown in jail guilty as charged before even a hearing.  However for some crazy reason Ben is getting away with this, again!  I hope that if all of this is true they lock him up pronto!  Don't want any thugs in the NFL.  Oh wait!  Well, rapist thugs!