On the bright side

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

On the bright side

The Pats moved down a mere 5 spots in a deep draft and get a 3rd round pick for their troubles.

Also, they still have THREE second round picks for tomorrow night in addition to the 3rd round pick they stole by moving 5 spots down past 5 players who they clearly didn't think were worthy of a first round pick. 

Key players still available:
    -> Sergio Kindle
    -> Brandon Spikes
    -> Daryl Washington (who, unlike Hughes, has actually played LB)

-> Everson Griffen
    -> Carlos Dunlap

-> Toby Gerhart (who I still don't think will be a pass-catcher, but looks like a workhorse)
    -> Dexter McCluster (who I don't think will be a workhorse, but looks like a playmaker in space)

-> Aaron Hernadez
    -> Rob Gronkowski

-> Aurelius Benn
    -> Eric Decker
    -> Damian Williams

And hopefully this McCourty kid can do more than just special teams.  While I don't like the pick, I also said the same things when the Pats took Logan Mankins two rounds sooner than expected a few years ago.

It's WAYYYYYYY to soon to even judge LAST year's picks, let alone this year's picks.  Let's step back away from the forest and see the trees come training camp and preseason before jumping off of the Zakim Bridge.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: On the bright side

You have 12 more picks. 

Just curious - what position do picks actually play?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the difference between the mankins pick and this one is the team didnt have so many glaring needs. now it does. we also didnt have 2 high picks at the position and a high priced free agent at the position over the past two seasons. this pick didnt make sense, and i expect more of the same in the following rounds. expect more backups at the few positions we have filled. plus tons of trading down for players that will never contribute. i've been more down on shawn crable than just about anyone on this board, but i guess its time to start crossing my fingers on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

currently on boston.com out of more than 1600 votes pats fans either were hoping for more or did not love the pick the pats made.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: On the bright side:
    You have 12 more picks.  Just curious - what position do picks actually play?
    Posted by underdoggg
    Exactly picks mean nothing. when you select Chung and Brace. What happened to the 2007 Draft Class. They all vanished, except Merriweather. I guess BB admits he was wron once again with Wheatlty, Wilhite, Springs, and who knows yet about Butler. Thanx for letting Assante go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: On the bright side : Exactly picks mean nothing. when you select Chung and Brace. What happened to the 2007 Draft Class. They all vanished, except Merriweather. I guess BB admits he was wron once again with Wheatlty, Wilhite, Springs, and who knows yet about Butler. Thanx for letting Assante go.
    Posted by patriots44

YES!  Forget the fact that Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork both struggled in their first years here.

Forget that NMandi Asomugha took two seasons to develop.

Forget that Asante Samuel DROPPED THE GAME-WINNING INTERCEPTION AGAINST THE GIANTS AND QUIT COVERING DAVID TYREE ON THE CATCH.

Yup.  These are the new members of our forum.  Wow.

And HOW ABOUT THAT SEBASTIAN VOLLMER GUY?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Some good info on McCourty:

"In his last 39 games, the opposition managed to complete just 35.20 percent of the passes thrown into his area (88-of-250) for 684 yards and just two scores, as they averaged 7.77 yards per pass completion and 2.75 yards per pass attempt … During that span, McCourty defended 33 passes (six thefts, 27 deflections)"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I woke up and started my day at 3AM to watch the Draft from Germany.

I wasn't disappointed to see that BB traded 22 and again at 24.  I kind of expected that.  I wished that he took Kindle but I kind of expected that he take someone that no one really knew.

That is the way he works and you just have to trust him.  We got an extra 3rd out of it and I'm tired as hell right now, but I'm looking forward to waking up early to see what he has for us in the second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Seriously, i completely laughed when i saw who the pats had picked... I told my cousin... its perfect... someone no one knows, watch ppl start jumping off the bridge cuz they wanted dez, or OLB's... lol
    Guys its the deepest draft in a while, but that doesnt mean top of it is worthy of picking... Those are the guys we know because we've been reading mocks for the past 2 months. Its deep meaning people they get in 2nd round might be very close to the 1st round talent... and just cuz we dont know them, doesnt mean c r @ p. I will let BB handle the draft over any of you guys, as well as mel kiper and all the experts..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Seriously, i completely laughed when i saw who the pats had picked... I told my cousin... its perfect... someone no one knows, watch ppl start jumping off the bridge cuz they wanted dez, or OLB's... lol Guys its the deepest draft in a while, but that doesnt mean top of it is worthy of picking... Those are the guys we know because we've been reading mocks for the past 2 months. Its deep meaning people they get in 2nd round might be very close to the 1st round talent... and just cuz we dont know them, doesnt mean c r @ p. I will let BB handle the draft over any of you guys, as well as mel kiper and all the experts..
    Posted by Coolguy55220

BB could have picked this guy in the mid rounds, why not pick up the best available WR, OLB, DE or TE in the first round?  Unreal!  I thought for sure he was trading down because he knew he would still be able to get Dez.  Then wham, BB slapped us in the face with his pick.  BTW, I would probably go with Kiper on draft day over BB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: On the bright side : BB could have picked this guy in the mid rounds, why not pick up the best available WR, OLB, DE or TE in the first round?  Unreal!  I thought for sure he was trading down because he knew he would still be able to get Dez.  Then wham, BB slapped us in the face with his pick.  BTW, I would probably go with Kiper on draft day over BB.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

You're an idiot.

Belichick has 5 Super Bowl rings.  There's a reason that Kiper is only on TV.  If he were really any good at putting TEAMS together that fit certain systems, he'd have been offered a front office job a long time ago.