On The Bubble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: On The Bubble

In Response to Re: On The Bubble:
    [QUOTE]titletown, that's an excellent team. Forston could be a force if healthy and motivated. Let's hope Andre Carter is healthy enough to start the season (and signed, of course). I would be tempted to add another OT in place of Hightower (RB). Place Markus Zusevics on PUP. Ebner will have a tough time making the roster, as he's extremely raw as a DB, and basically plays the same role as Slater. Practice squad, most likely, I think. In his place, I would add the best of Eddleman,Ocho, Gonzo, Stallworth.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Love to see Ebner make the team.  He just looks like he wants to SMASH people.  Hopefully BB has a plan.
    Remember the gang ba ng sack on Tebow last year?.
    How about the way Bequette likes to DE-Molish the QB?
    Oh boy!  Can't wait.  Bubye Sanchez, Tebow, manning..... ect

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]Arrington is really bad....really bad.  The dude got the job because others sucked more then him.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Dude you are ALWAYS WRONG i have never agreed with anything you have ever posted and your not funny with your irrelavent picture. Was arrington great...No but he did lead the nfl in int's! and he held his own in the sb is a perfect/2nd/3rd corner on a sb team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On The Bubble : Dude you are ALWAYS WRONG i have never agreed with anything you have ever posted and your not funny with your irrelavent picture. Was arrington great...No but he did lead the nfl in int's! and he held his own in the sb is a perfect/2nd/3rd corner on a sb team
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

To be fair all but 1 of those ints were off deflections.

Arrington is an alright player but it's game to game. Some games he looks like a solid starter other games players like Molden and Moore outperform him. I've seen plays were Arrington looked like a PS player and others where he makes a great play. The truth is Arrington has most likely hit his ceiling and will remain an inconsistent CB that you love sometimes and hate others. He is by no means a player I want to see start every game but he can in a pinch which does give him value. Truthfully he might not be on the roster after next year anyways given he'll be a FS and some team will give him more then the Pats are willing to offer. If Ras comes back from injury, McCourty returns to form, and/or Moore continues to develop from last year Arrington might be the 4th or 5th CB coming out of camp this year. I would say any player that is that far on the depth chart is on the bubble in NE. Just for reference Arrington was listed behind Bodden, McCourty, and Ras on the depth chart last year with what everyone considered a bunch of JAGs behind him. Even after Bodden was released, McCourty moved to FS, and Ras was put on IR Arrington shared starting roles with Molden and Moore so to consider him a starting caliber CB might be stretching it.

Also watching the SB Arrington and Molden were two of the worst CB's on the field. Whenever Eli wanted to move the ball it was always in Moldens or Arringtons direction. I really don't think Arrington held his own in any right as a starter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Looking at the current roster and only looking at players on the team from last year (as I feel all new players are on the bubble until they prove themselves) the players I see that are on the bubble are:

Cunningham - took a step back last year and with the new arrives competition will be challenging

Arrington - One year left on the contract and will most likely leave next off-season. With the new additions he could be a canidate for trade

Moore - The kid performed great last year but as with all UDFA's with only 1 year with the team he still needs to prove he can continue to develop

Brace - Though no new DL were added in the draft Brace has progressively declined since his disappointing rookie year. If Pryor is healthy this will be a competition to watch

M Carter - a PS player that they gave a raise to keep him on the PS he might have a hard time breaking the lineup given the talent and depth they accumulated this offseason

Ocho - with all the new WR's Ocho has to prove he's learn the playbook. If he shows he studied hard and understands his role and where to be he'll make the team. If he doesn't then he won't

Branch - Brady's go to guy obviously took a step nose dive at the end of the season. With some younger guys and new blood on the team he's going to have to prove conditioning and health won't be an issue over the course of a season

Wendell - With the addition of Gallery and potential of some of the UDFA's Wendell will need to show he deserves a spot on the 53 man squad

McDonald - Same with Wendell. I hear they like McDonald's potential as a long term C but he needs to continue to improve

Thomas - with the emergence of Cannon, Thomas might have lost his job. They can only carry so many OL and Thomas might be the odd man out

Edelman - the ironman himself has to prove that playing in all 3 aspects of the game is enough of a niche to keep him on the team verses the new comer. Heck, being a spare QB, KR, 6/7th WR, 6/7th CB might be enough positions to open a slot for him to remain but he'll be in a fight to maintain his position as a KR

Pryor - has to prove himself healthy. When healthy he's better then Deadrick or Brace but if he can't stay healthy he's not worth the roster spot

Deadrick - there were concerns about his ability to take coaching and his attitude. To me a player like that is always on the bubble. One burst out against a coach and a sing of a lack of effort and he might be gone

Silvestro - great name to be a member of COBRA but moving back and forth between the PS and active roster only works when there aren't a number of talent players behind you. Any PS player is on the bubble of course

Brown - Brown who knows why he's still on the team. It wouldn't surprise me that they cut Brown and resign Ihedigbo or if Mr. I electrical tape a cut so I can hit people hard Ebner shows potential at SS that Brown is let go

Kout - you have to figure Kout is on the list. He was a fringe 53 man player before the draft and now?

White - White's saving grace was on ST's as he wasn't great as a LB. Now with the addition of some possible big gunners in Ebner and Wilson White might be in a fight to maintain his ST status

Williams - He played 2 games for NE because of the complete lack of depth in the CB ranks. With Ras hopefully health, Moore developing, and the addition of two CB/FS tweeners that can play nickel or dime (Dennard and Wilson) Williams might not have a spot

Of course all PS players are on the bubble as well as any new additions until they prove themselves in camp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the current roster and only looking at players on the team from last year (as I feel all new players are on the bubble until they prove themselves) the players I see that are on the bubble are: Cunningham - took a step back last year and with the new arrives competition will be challenging Arrington - One year left on the contract and will most likely leave next off-season. With the new additions he could be a canidate for trade Moore - The kid performed great last year but as with all UDFA's with only 1 year with the team he still needs to prove he can continue to develop Brace - Though no new DL were added in the draft Brace has progressively declined since his disappointing rookie year. If Pryor is healthy this will be a competition to watch M Carter - a PS player that they gave a raise to keep him on the PS he might have a hard time breaking the lineup given the talent and depth they accumulated this offseason Ocho - with all the new WR's Ocho has to prove he's learn the playbook. If he shows he studied hard and understands his role and where to be he'll make the team. If he doesn't then he won't Branch - Brady's go to guy obviously took a step nose dive at the end of the season. With some younger guys and new blood on the team he's going to have to prove conditioning and health won't be an issue over the course of a season Wendell - With the addition of Gallery and potential of some of the UDFA's Wendell will need to show he deserves a spot on the 53 man squad McDonald - Same with Wendell. I hear they like McDonald's potential as a long term C but he needs to continue to improve Thomas - with the emergence of Cannon, Thomas might have lost his job. They can only carry so many OL and Thomas might be the odd man out Edelman - the ironman himself has to prove that playing in all 3 aspects of the game is enough of a niche to keep him on the team verses the new comer. Heck, being a spare QB, KR, 6/7th WR, 6/7th CB might be enough positions to open a slot for him to remain but he'll be in a fight to maintain his position as a KR Pryor - has to prove himself healthy. When healthy he's better then Deadrick or Brace but if he can't stay healthy he's not worth the roster spot Deadrick - there were concerns about his ability to take coaching and his attitude. To me a player like that is always on the bubble. One burst out against a coach and a sing of a lack of effort and he might be gone Silvestro - great name to be a member of COBRA but moving back and forth between the PS and active roster only works when there aren't a number of talent players behind you. Any PS player is on the bubble of course Brown - Brown who knows why he's still on the team. It wouldn't surprise me that they cut Brown and resign Ihedigbo or if Mr. I electrical tape a cut so I can hit people hard Ebner shows potential at SS that Brown is let go Kout - you have to figure Kout is on the list. He was a fringe 53 man player before the draft and now? White - White's saving grace was on ST's as he wasn't great as a LB. Now with the addition of some possible big gunners in Ebner and Wilson White might be in a fight to maintain his ST status Williams - He played 2 games for NE because of the complete lack of depth in the CB ranks. With Ras hopefully health, Moore developing, and the addition of two CB/FS tweeners that can play nickel or dime (Dennard and Wilson) Williams might not have a spot Of course all PS players are on the bubble as well as any new additions until they prove themselves in camp
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

good summary, thanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the current roster and only looking at players on the team from last year (as I feel all new players are on the bubble until they prove themselves) the players I see that are on the bubble are: Cunningham - took a step back last year and with the new arrives competition will be challenging Arrington - One year left on the contract and will most likely leave next off-season. With the new additions he could be a canidate for trade Moore - The kid performed great last year but as with all UDFA's with only 1 year with the team he still needs to prove he can continue to develop Brace - Though no new DL were added in the draft Brace has progressively declined since his disappointing rookie year. If Pryor is healthy this will be a competition to watch M Carter - a PS player that they gave a raise to keep him on the PS he might have a hard time breaking the lineup given the talent and depth they accumulated this offseason Ocho - with all the new WR's Ocho has to prove he's learn the playbook. If he shows he studied hard and understands his role and where to be he'll make the team. If he doesn't then he won't Branch - Brady's go to guy obviously took a step nose dive at the end of the season. With some younger guys and new blood on the team he's going to have to prove conditioning and health won't be an issue over the course of a season Wendell - With the addition of Gallery and potential of some of the UDFA's Wendell will need to show he deserves a spot on the 53 man squad McDonald - Same with Wendell. I hear they like McDonald's potential as a long term C but he needs to continue to improve Thomas - with the emergence of Cannon, Thomas might have lost his job. They can only carry so many OL and Thomas might be the odd man out Edelman - the ironman himself has to prove that playing in all 3 aspects of the game is enough of a niche to keep him on the team verses the new comer. Heck, being a spare QB, KR, 6/7th WR, 6/7th CB might be enough positions to open a slot for him to remain but he'll be in a fight to maintain his position as a KR Pryor - has to prove himself healthy. When healthy he's better then Deadrick or Brace but if he can't stay healthy he's not worth the roster spot Deadrick - there were concerns about his ability to take coaching and his attitude. To me a player like that is always on the bubble. One burst out against a coach and a sing of a lack of effort and he might be gone Silvestro - great name to be a member of COBRA but moving back and forth between the PS and active roster only works when there aren't a number of talent players behind you. Any PS player is on the bubble of course Brown - Brown who knows why he's still on the team. It wouldn't surprise me that they cut Brown and resign Ihedigbo or if Mr. I electrical tape a cut so I can hit people hard Ebner shows potential at SS that Brown is let go Kout - you have to figure Kout is on the list. He was a fringe 53 man player before the draft and now? White - White's saving grace was on ST's as he wasn't great as a LB. Now with the addition of some possible big gunners in Ebner and Wilson White might be in a fight to maintain his ST status Williams - He played 2 games for NE because of the complete lack of depth in the CB ranks. With Ras hopefully health, Moore developing, and the addition of two CB/FS tweeners that can play nickel or dime (Dennard and Wilson) Williams might not have a spot Of course all PS players are on the bubble as well as any new additions until they prove themselves in camp
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Good post. Two disagreements:

Arrington will start at CB.

We don't have too much depth on dline, so we have to keep Deaderick and/or Pryor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On The Bubble : Dude you are ALWAYS WRONG i have never agreed with anything you have ever posted and your not funny with your irrelavent picture. Was arrington great...No but he did lead the nfl in int's! and he held his own in the sb is a perfect/2nd/3rd corner on a sb team
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

You are spot on my friend. Have him on ignore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On The Bubble : Good post. Two disagreements: Arrington will start at CB. We don't have too much depth on dline, so we have to keep Deaderick and/or Pryor.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

Yes we don't have a lot of depth on DL but this was just a general on bubble. Between Pryor, Deadrick, and Brace I see at least 1 if not 2 gone so all 3 are on the bubble and pre-season will determine who stays and who goes

With Arrington, I think it all depends on pre-season again. If Moore continues to develop where at the end of the year he was out playing Arrington, Ras is healthy, and they move McCourty back to CB from S then I see Ras and McCourty as your starters with Moore in the slot leaving Arrington likely being what he was beginning last season and the previous season as the 4th break in case of emergency CB. Lets face it, last year he only became a starter once Ras was injured, Bodden was released, and McCourty was moved to FS. Even then Arrington shared the starting job with Moore, Molden, and what every player they pulled off the street that week. With 1 yr left and odds are someone will give him #2/3 CB type of money (something I don't feel the Pats will match) they could look to move him. Given he's better depth and can be an emergency starter then not I don't think he's a candidate for release but you also have to figure if Dennard shows the talent that lead some to believe he could have sneaked into the 1st (before being tossed out of the cotton bowl and being arrested) then Arrington could drop to #5 on the depth chart fairly quickly. I wouldn't call him a starter yet, he'll have an uphill battle for that spot this pre-season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

My opinion, percentage chance for each player to make the final roster:

Ocho Cinco - decent chance to make it, will get another chance to redeem himself - 70% 

Ron Brace - needs a strong camp, but they need some run stuffing big bodies 50%

Myron Pryor - if healthy, a lock 95%

Sterling Moore - showed a lot late last year, 100%

Ross Ventrone - if he can play the practice sqaud shuffle again, he will be here