Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

Does this Moron even know this free agent talent is availible ????  He passed on Brandon Marshall, a talent Tom Brady REALLY COULD HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF that the Patriot s direly neded .....We certainly could have afforded the two second round he commanded  !!    By far the Pats have the only General Manager qualified for the Rip Van Winkle Award of the  LEAGUE  How many miracels does he expect  this draft to produceto keep us competitive !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve

Another Know-It-All Fan......Who thinks that he/she is an expert sitting on his/her couch!  Oh great!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

go back to being a Jets fan if u dont like it flip

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Seriously people, are you that ignorant that you can not see that the Patriots are not doing anything to better the the team for the upcoming season.  There is no one in the draft that is going to be an impact player for us this year.  Maybe years down the road but when you have the talent we have right now you build on it right now and take advantage of this talent right now and you can still pick up players for the future. 

Are you guys paid Patriots posters or what? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

SERIOUSLY !!!  Does anyone know the name of our General Manager?  All he did was lock up Vince Wilfork, Leigh Bodden, Tully Banta Cain, Kevin Faulk, Damion Lewis and Stephen Neal.  It's not like he planned ahead and stocked us with 3 2nd round picks this year and 2 firsts next year.  Doesn't he know he's supposed to sign Anquan Boldin, Priest Holmes and Brandon Marshall !!!  Doesn't he know that the team with the most super star wide receivers  always wins the Super Bowl.  Down with the GM!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    Another Know-It-All Fan......Who thinks that he/she is an expert sitting on his/her couch!  Oh great!
    Posted by Rocky

Rock
    Apparently he doesnt know the 'piece of work' that Marshall has become.
    regards

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

JBolt - has become? I think he always has been this abusing, lying, headcase since he became a college star. He's already had a 3 game suspension by the league (that was reduced to 1 game) next time he won't get it reduced and it might be a lot more then 4 games. It's only a matter of time before he adds to his rap sheet.

It's prob just another poster trying to start trouble either way.

But he might be right I mean it's not like one of the personal people happens to be the owners son or anything. And it's not like that owner hired one of the best coachs of all time or anything. But if that's how this guy really feels maybe we should just run the Kraft's and BB out of town and get the Sulliva...... Sorry just threw up in my mouth a little

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So since you guys know it all, please tell me what the plan is for the Patriots? 

If BB was doing what the Jets have done so far this off season you guys would be all over this board praising BB right now.  I hate the jets, I don't want to ever lose to them but I guess I better get used to it until our rebuilding stage is completed in the next 3-4 years.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Again...

The best free agent guard, maybe offensive lineman, available still needs to be resigned; Logan Mankins.

We signed the best nose tackle in the league; Vince Wilfork.

We signed the best "big" cover corner in the league; Bodden...

The Pats also resigned Kevin Faulk as well as a bunch of depth guys.  This is always how it happens.  The draft has to pass before we start picking up castoffs from other teams to fill out our roster and to compete against the incoming rookie class.  The best free agents available were our own...  get over it, 30 other teams besides us didn't sign Brandon Marshall either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

We had Wilfork last year - check
    We had Bodden last year - check
    We had Faulk last year - check
    We still have a bunch of depth guys we had last year - check

Okay, so we still have a lot of people we had last year.  Awesome!  Glad they are all resigned, but in the meantime we passed on some big impact players that would have really helped this team this season.  Can't we multi task? 

I hope I can come on here before the start of the season and praise the moves BB has made and the new players he has picked up to give our favorite team a chance to go to the top this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Valium, please! BB is trying to build a team for now and the future.  He's obviously taking the Tortoise approach thru the draft.  That is absolutely the way to build a team.  This is a fact. Another fact is they are going to be spending quite a bit to re-sign Brady very soon.

Ryan is throwing mudd against the wall (and money & caution to the wind) to see what sticks.  Very splashy, and very likely costly down the road with no guarantee of success. The signings this year are high risk signings & deals.  This is the Hare approach...Check Aesop and history to see which wins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

Holmes is in the last year of his contract,he will want big money, can the jets afford it?
    LT is done,everyone knows it.Braylon edwards leads the league in dropped catches.Brandon marshal will be good, but they have no real quarterback,thier defense is getting old.plus draft day might bring some trades,specially when teams are desperate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

about a hundred posts about the same da*n thing

RELAX

Patriots havent gone on a spending spree with FA's but we took care of some of our own and we have alot of flexibility to do some damage in 6 days

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    Does this Moron even know this free agent talent is availible ????  He passed on Brandon Marshall, a talent Tom Brady REALLY COULD HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF that the Patriot s direly neded .....We certainly could have afforded the two second round he commanded  !!    By far the Pats have the only General Manager qualified for the Rip Van Winkle Award of the  LEAGUE  How many miracels does he expect  this draft to produceto keep us competitive !!
    Posted by flip781

I find it funny that you call Belichick a Moron...and tell us how Marshall was a free agent in the same breath....The fact that he was a restricted Free Agent who signed his tender and then was TRADED.....so you would be ok with risking our future to trade 2 2nd round picks AND pay him 12 Mill per year for 4 years...thus cash strapping our team and possibly keeping us from re-signing Brady and Moss next year?

Please think before you post.....it would save me from making you look dumb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    We had Wilfork last year - check We had Bodden last year - check We had Faulk last year - check We still have a bunch of depth guys we had last year - check Okay, so we still have a lot of people we had last year.  Awesome!  Glad they are all resigned, but in the meantime we passed on some big impact players that would have really helped this team this season.  Can't we multi task?  I hope I can come on here before the start of the season and praise the moves BB has made and the new players he has picked up to give our favorite team a chance to go to the top this year.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

With what money?  We have the impact player and we also have 3 people coming in here off injury that can help....then we have the draft and any free agent signings when teams make cuts later in the offseason.

Patience dude....you crying is annoying.  I have 2 kids and they are not nearly close to being as annoying as you......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Seriously people, are you that ignorant that you can not see that the Patriots are not doing anything to better the the team for the upcoming season.  There is no one in the draft that is going to be an impact player for us this year.  Maybe years down the road but when you have the talent we have right now you build on it right now and take advantage of this talent right now and you can still pick up players for the future.  Are you guys paid Patriots posters or what? 
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Well, let's be fair. The draft hasn't even happened yet. So, up to this point - the Patriots haven't done much. Yes, they resigned some players, and picked up some long-toothed veterans - but I don't think that Patriot homers can say the the Patriots are in better standing than last year - mebbe a wash - but certainly not better.

However, that being said - it's a little early - other than if people want to have something to discuss while there are no football games being played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Again... The best free agent guard, maybe offensive lineman, available still needs to be resigned; Logan Mankins. We signed the best nose tackle in the league; Vince Wilfork. We signed the best "big" cover corner in the league; Bodden... The Pats also resigned Kevin Faulk as well as a bunch of depth guys.  This is always how it happens.  The draft has to pass before we start picking up castoffs from other teams to fill out our roster and to compete against the incoming rookie class.  The best free agents available were our own...  get over it, 30 other teams besides us didn't sign Brandon Marshall either.
    Posted by wozzy

Mankins is an important part of the OL. We need a new C, RT, and RG tho.

Some folks who can help w/ our running game too?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : Mankins is an important part of the OL. We need a new C, RT, and RG tho. Some folks who can help w/ our running game too?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Isn't Volmer our RT?  Didn't we just get Alge to help in the run game?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Anyone, realistically, believe that Myra and Bob would let Marshall play for the Pats; then sign him for as much money as Fitzgerald (the best WR right now). Nope. Is Marshall talented ? Absolutely. Is he one off-field assault and battery away from a suspension ? Also, absolutely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Anyone, realistically, believe that Myra and Bob would let Marshall play for the Pats; then sign him for as much money as Fitzgerald (the best WR right now). Nope. Is Marshall talented ? Absolutely. Is he one off-field assault and battery away from a suspension ? Also, absolutely.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

For the record, and as an opposing fan, I don't think the Pats need Marshall, but that doesn't mean he's a bad deal for another team.  As for the assault and battery, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are also one of those away from a suspension.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Can we stop entertaing threads started by fans of other teams who come here posing as Pats fans so they can criticize everything we do and pass it off like they care? Thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve:
    Posted by flip781

I knew this post was coming, I'm just surprised it took so long.

Sorry, Flip, but I have a bit more confidence in the Pats' trade instincts than yours.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

Holmes is in the last year of his contract,he will want big money, can the jets afford it? LT is done,everyone knows it.Braylon edwards leads the league in dropped catches.Brandon marshal will be good, but they have no real quarterback,thier defense is getting old.plus draft day might bring some trades,specially when teams are desperate
    Posted by vinniedonuts1

Lets see...

holmes, braylon edwards and marshall are all better then TATE, Patten, EDELMAN, AIKEN, and a non existing welker right now

LT is NOT WASHED UP and is better then MARONEY, MORRIS, TAYLOR

Dolphins dont need a real qb they need someone who compliments the wlidcat - that would be Marshall now...plus look who henne had to throw it too, not to mention Tebow could easily fall to the dolphins first round...

and their defense is getting old? lol just about as old as our offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Once again our General Manager slumbers while teams around us improve : For the record, and as an opposing fan, I don't think the Pats need Marshall, but that doesn't mean he's a bad deal for another team.  As for the assault and battery, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are also one of those away from a suspension.
    Posted by underdoggg

Has Brady ever done anything to suggest he might ever be guilty of assault and battery?  Manning I could see, but Brady never.