Once again....lack of a running game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Once again....lack of a running game

LT runs for 76 yards. S Green runs for 52.

BGJE gets 10 carries for 19 yards. Taylor? 5 for 11 yards. 1.9 and 2.2 YPC respectively. Faulk gets 5 for 22. 

Pitiful. 

Want to know why Sanchez did well (besides Butler)? He had a running game to open things up. LT couldn't believe the Patriots let him look like he was 24 again! 

So, Brady passes to Moss. Again. And again. Why oh why didn't we utilize our new weapons of Hernandez and Gronkowski along with Tate? Hernandez looked like he'd be doing something but, then he is forgotten. Have to throw to Moss you know. "Revis Island" and all that. 

Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Crumpler....even Tate were essentially ignored. I longed to see Hernandez in the backfield with Welker in the slot and Gronk and Crumpler on each end with Moss or Tate wide. Nope. Let's just throw it to Randy. Keep trying. 1st Down? Let's run the ball with guys that are getting 2 YPC.

I don't get it. I'm not BB but, I don't get it at all. We had weapons to keep the Jets offense off the field and we ignored them. 

No game plan that I could see. Where were the new looks? The short pass game, their strength, was forgotten. It worked and worked for us before. 

Looks like the same play calling as last year. Bad. Add the lack of a bruising back and defenses just focus on Moss. Why? Because they know that's what the Patriots will do. It was like Madden 2010 in a kid's hands Christmas morning. 

Pathetic. Shameful. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Re: Once again....lack of a running game

Is it news to you that we don't have a running game?  Plus it is hard to run on the Jets.  Ray Rice averaged 1.5 yards per carry last week against them.   But the lack of a running game didnt cost the Patriots today. It is not like we have Peterson or C. Johnson and suddenly we were held to 19  yards. We have the oldest group of RBs in the league that are injury prone.

Brady lost this game to us with his poor decision making  by forcing the ball to Moss. Where the heck were Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez in 2nd half?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchman333. Show mitchman333's posts

Amen - no running game, no success...     our offense looks so inept in the 2nd half...     you could tell what was coming....    3 and out...

it's the same story for the last several years...

--  MItchman

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Superior!!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee and not the dube's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The running game looked pretty good on the first drive. Fred Taylor was ripping them apart, but the play calling soon went to the spread em out variety (which sucked again).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

run had nothing to do with  jets have very strong run D it was TB forcing ball to moss, instead opf spreading it out and using the TE's and welker/edleman  and  once again for the 2nd straight week, we made no 2nd half adjustments   and totally  sucked   save for when we had to score  against cincy we only have one 2nd half TD

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Where is our "Corey Dillion".   They have "So" many weapons at TE and WR. But we have Zero running game. We are one home run type back away from being elite.  I know this is a good Jets Run D yet whats the point when you have to pass every down.  Its going to be a long season if the Patriots cant play call better.  The young D is not going to win us games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS

In Response to THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS:
    [QUOTE]The run is irrelevent to football.   Sanchez OUT-PASSED the Patriots.  The Patriots have NEVER WON ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY HAD A RUNNING GAME - not one Superbowl team had a run game that was relevant to anything, especially the Brady-era Patriots.  IT'S 100% ABOUT THE PASSING GAME.  Get off the running game because it's an outdated tactic that stopped mattering when the West Coast Offense (a passing attack) took over football.
    Posted by STP43FAN[/QUOTE]
    Sir, you are a complete and total moron, please find the nearest cliff and pass yourself off of it ,400 feet below into the hands of a large receiver named  stone boulder. So a running back and running game mean nothing and have never won anything? LMFAO No drugs in the country could possibly make you this stupid, you are an extreme case, someone needs to call Ripleys Beleive It or Not and get you an interview immediately Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

A trade is needed this week.  Trade Mankins and bring in???????????  Drink-up, cheers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

agreed. we have become the "1st half Pats". I haven't seen a game in two years (maybe since 2007) where we showed up for all four quarters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The pats will have a great running game in 2011 if BB doesn't trade down for value picks again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Well, what are they going to do about Mankins?
    Waste of talent at this point, why not trade Mankins
    for an OLB or a Power Back. Improve the pass rush or
    improve the running game. this style of offense needs a power back.
    Patriots needs a power back to smash it up in there to punish the defense.
    Hurry it up already, trade Mankins for a sledge hammer of a running back
    or get an OLB to get a pass rush, or at least a presence of a pass rush.
    Why not bring McGinest back, I bet he's better than what the Patriots have right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Once again....lack of a running game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again....lack of a running game : He isn't. It's about executing in the passing attack - Brady has to be crisper.
    We thinks your brain has been in the CRISPER a wee bit too long! It's turned cold and has icicle's formed on it.  Please sir, put your head in the micro-wave oven for the next 37.3 minutes until well thawed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS : Steelers - won because of passing, not the run. Raiders - passing, not the run. 49ers - West Coast offense, a passing attack. Redskins - passing. NY Giants - passing, especially in SB 42. Cowboys - Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin, not Emmitt. Packers - Bart Starr passing, passing against the Patriots. Rams - passing. Ravens - passing attack (overlooked because of their defense) Bucs - passing (see Ravens above) Bears - passing (see Ravens and Bucs) Colts - passing Saints - passing (most efficient passing attack in SB history) PATRIOTS - PASSING AND PASSING.  NEVER THE RUN WITH ANY OF THESE TEAMS.
    Wow, you really are insane lol. Patriots- kicking... Bears-running, Patriots-kicking, Colts-ref calls, Patriots-Corey Dillon, STP43FAN-inbred abortion fetus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Our running game now is W. Welker underneath.  Which the Pats went 'away' from this in the 2nd half yesterday - not sure why but they played right into the Jets hands yesterday.  Shame on the coaching staff for not recognizing this in the game. 
    Indy can't RUN either - but they do use Addai out of the backfield and throw underneath as well to others.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I read posts on here all the time that are very polarizing...too doom and gloom or too "we will still win the super bowl".

We should question Bill and Tom...as they aren't infallible...they make mistakes...the thing is...Tom will at least admit it...

I agree a running game is needed and you can't ignore it completely, even if you are playing a great run stopping team. My problem is with the play calling. I thought in preseason it looked like we had a bunch of players to contribute...Welker, Moss, Gronk, and Hernandez....and in the first half, he used most of them. Second half....one run into the line...deep pass to Moss....STUPID....that doesn't work....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pats 2011 draft better be Running Back and Pass Rush...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS : Steelers - won because of passing, not the run. Raiders - passing, not the run. 49ers - West Coast offense, a passing attack. Redskins - passing. NY Giants - passing, especially in SB 42. Cowboys - Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin, not Emmitt. Packers - Bart Starr passing, passing against the Patriots. Rams - passing. Ravens - passing attack (overlooked because of their defense) Bucs - passing (see Ravens above) Bears - passing (see Ravens and Bucs) Colts - passing Saints - passing (most efficient passing attack in SB history) PATRIOTS - PASSING AND PASSING.  NEVER THE RUN WITH ANY OF THESE TEAMS.

That list is ridiculous. The run is still important in the game of football. Not as much as it once was, but still needed for balance. One dimensional teams eventually get beat.

You seem to be jumping across eras to make your point, which is deceiving.
    Which Steelers team? 70's Steelers ran the ball. 70's and 80's Raiders ran the ball. 80's and early 90's Redskins ran the ball. But these two examples are where you are totally, completely mistaken. The Packers ran the ball alot - Bart Starr only averaged 20 passing attempts for his career! And it was Aikman and Irvin - not Emmitt? That is an unbelievably wrong statement. The early 90's Cowboys were all about Emmitt running the ball. Aikman and Irvin were excellent compliments to that but it was Emmitt's show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS : That list is ridiculous. The run is still important in the game of football. Not as much as it once was, but still needed for balance. One dimensional teams eventually get beat. You seem to be jumping across eras to make your point, which is deceiving. Which Steelers team? 70's Steelers ran the ball. 70's and 80's Raiders ran the ball. 80's and early 90's Redskins ran the ball. But these two examples are where you are totally, completely mistaken. The Packers ran the ball alot - Bart Starr only averaged 20 passing attempts for his career! And it was Aikman and Irvin - not Emmitt? That is an unbelievably wrong statement. The early 90's Cowboys were all about Emmitt running the ball. Aikman and Irvin were excellent compliments to that but it was Emmitt's show.
    Posted by dentris[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Ask Joe Theisman if he thought Riggins was an important piece. Franco Harris to Bradshaw. Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson? Yeah, the Raiders would have won without them.

Antowain Smith and Corey Dilllon were key to the Patriots. 

Personally, I would like to see Hernandez in the backfield for some plays. Having Gronk and Crumpler along with maybe Welker and Edelman in both slots would be a killer formation. Will Hernandez run? Screen pass? Draw? Then you have the other 4 to deal with? THAT is what I thought we were suppose to see from the Patriots this year. I love Moss but, really, his role (as he himself states) is to "take the top off" the defense. Instead, they throw to the one who should be freeing up the others so we can eat the clock up and march downfield. I'd also like to see Woodhead in the backfield with Hernandez on some plays. 

I saw the Patriots game plan as very narrow. They have some big guns now, use them! Let Moss free them up like he's suppose to!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A lot of fans thought this team might struggle early on, and they did at times.  They lost to a Jets team with a pretty good defense on the road, so I won't proclaim the season over just yet.  As other posters have pointed out, it was a tale of two halves.  The Pats seemed intent on forcing the long ball at times in Revis' absence, which led to a few 3-and-outs and 3-and-longs, which only played into the Jets' hands once they went ahead.  It seemed that they abandoned what they were doing in the first half in favor of taking some shots down the field.

I'm the first to admit I picked the Pats to win, only because I thought their offense could score (slightly) more than the Jets could.  Am I surprised the jets won by two TDs?  probably.  Tomlinson looks to have more in the tank than a lot of us thought, and Sanchez isn't the bust some thought he was, although the book is still out on him until he does it consistently. 

It's only one game fellas, and I think the Jets played like their backs were against the wall.      

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If you can run the ball you'd never have to pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE PASS - THE PASS - THE PASS : What "one dimensional teams"? Terry Bradshaw threw the ball; that is how they won - when he was injured in 1976 their passing game became so much weaker that they had to win entirely with their defense.  The run was not how they won. No they didn't.   The Raiders were from Day One all about aggressive downfield passing.  It was what Kenny Stabler did and why they picked up Jim Plunkett.  The Raiders always won by throwing the ball. They threw the ball. You're confusing volume stats for game-winning effectiveness.  The Packers wasted downs running the ball - they had to win by throwing the ball.  Emmitt never won them anything - he was all about his volume stats.  Aikman had to throw the ball for the Cowboys to win and Irvin was his go-to receiver.  So important was the pass to winning that the Cowboys had to switch Deion Sanders to WR.  The Cowboys won with the pass.  NOT the run.

What one dimensional team? Any one. You pick. How' about NE and Dallas right now? Any one-dimensional team eventually gets beat when push comes to shove.

The Steelers passing game got weaker when Bradshaw was injured? Really? Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier were extremely important to that team. That is a fact. 

Raiders always liked to stretch the field, yes, but they did not win by solely passing the football. Marcus Allen (among others) never ran the ball, did he? Don't give me the effectiveness/game winning crap. Being effective in certain areas helps you win games.

The Packers wasted downs by running and had to throw it to win?? Are you serious? Twenty attempts a game got them all those wins? Yeah, right.

You are soooo wrong about Dallas. Completely 100,000% off base. You do not know what you're talking about. Emmitt was the heart and soul of those teams and their whole offense was built around 22 running the ball. Yeah, they were very proficient passing, but the Cowboys of the early-mid 90's won by running the ball. Period. This is an absolute fact. Your Deion point is also over-the-top ridiculous. One can tell you never actually watched that team. Sanders was never "switched" to receiver. He played it maybe 2-3 snaps a game for one or two seasons. He was always the no. 1 corner on that team since his arrival in '95. 

And typing in all caps does not make your point valid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the running game, or lack thereof, was because of the Jets D.  Taylor, Faulk and BJGE didn't look so bad last week.  Against the Bills Taylor may look like Dickerson and the law firm might look like Earl Campbell.  And I'm sure some guys will proclaim the ground game "fixed" after what shouldn't be a close game.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

In Response to Once again....lack of a running game:
    [QUOTE]LT runs for 76 yards. S Green runs for 52. BGJE gets 10 carries for 19 yards. Taylor? 5 for 11 yards. 1.9 and 2.2 YPC respectively. Faulk gets 5 for 22.  Pitiful.  Want to know why Sanchez did well (besides Butler)? He had a running game to open things up. LT couldn't believe the Patriots let him look like he was 24 again!  So, Brady passes to Moss. Again. And again. Why oh why didn't we utilize our new weapons of Hernandez and Gronkowski along with Tate? Hernandez looked like he'd be doing something but, then he is forgotten. Have to throw to Moss you know. "Revis Island" and all that.  Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Crumpler....even Tate were essentially ignored. I longed to see Hernandez in the backfield with Welker in the slot and Gronk and Crumpler on each end with Moss or Tate wide. Nope. Let's just throw it to Randy. Keep trying. 1st Down? Let's run the ball with guys that are getting 2 YPC. I don't get it. I'm not BB but, I don't get it at all. We had weapons to keep the Jets offense off the field and we ignored them.  No game plan that I could see. Where were the new looks? The short pass game, their strength, was forgotten. It worked and worked for us before.  Looks like the same play calling as last year. Bad. Add the lack of a bruising back and defenses just focus on Moss. Why? Because they know that's what the Patriots will do. It was like Madden 2010 in a kid's hands Christmas morning.  Pathetic. Shameful. 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

And your point is? Ray Rice ran for 43 yards against them last week and TORCHED us last year in the playoffs.

I would think anyone with half a brain that understands football can see the Jets Run D is top notch and it was brady's complete meltdown and innacurate HEAVING that killed us in the second half. Failing to convert and keeping our D on the field.

Why all the chicken little posts?

Did we watch the same game?