Once upon a time !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Once upon a time !

Once upon a time there was a QB who had all the leadership skills and running skills a QB would need to be a successful QB in the NFL. He was drafted in the first round of the draft and seemed to be on his way! He had only two minor problems, one he liked to run the ball more than passing it, secondly he was a Lefthanded QB! This guy eventually wound in a situation where he probably would never get any playing time! As he was a b/u to a future HOF QB who had won multiple Superbowl games and he had no intentions of relinquishing his job! Does this story sound familiar to anyone in New England? It should because they have the same situation! The name of the QB I'm talking about is Steve Young! He was traded to the San Francisco 49ers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and his problems were similar to the present day situation that Tim Tebow finds himself in,All Pro QB in front of him by the name of Montana and a waiting list in front of him until he gets his turn too shine. After two years of waiting his turn, and carrying a clipboard, he turned himself into a HOF QB himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Once upon a time !

One small detail though....Young had a gifted arm....Tebow...well...at 59 my spiral my be tighter than his.

I'm on the side of many here...Tebow is gone by September.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

One small detail though....Young had a gifted arm....Tebow...well...at 59 my spiral my be tighter than his.

I'm on the side of many here...Tebow is gone by September.

Don't bet on it ! Also I had the pleasure of watching Steve Young and he had a powerful arm but he wasn't very accurate,  To be exact he averaged 53.7 completion ratio his first 5 years in the league! Tim's only been in the league for 3 seasons! Yet to hear everyone tell it he stinks,I'll take the Heisman trophy winner and leader of the two time National Champion Florida Gators anytime! Tim's completion pct for his first three years was 50% ,46% and 75 % and he led his team to the Playoffs in the year he only passed for 46%. Cream always rises to the top!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I like Tebow and I'm rooting for the guy. I'm not religious at all, but I think he brings something refreshing to the game. It is nice to see a player with heart and who has a real passion for the game over the big bucks and bling bling. He doesn't get in trouble and he reallt loves what he does. How can you not root for a guy like that whether you think he is good or not? I highly doubt he is the next Steve Young, but you never know what will happen in the NFL. I hope you are right haha.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are you stoned?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When people talk about the most inept NFL teams of all time those early Bucs teams lead the way, Young threw 363 passes to the worst talent in the league and averaged 54%.  

Conversely Tebow had one of the best supporting casts in football (Demaryis Thomas, Eric Decker, Daniel Fells, Brandon Lloyd), had the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, only threw 271 passes in an attempt to protect him from himself and still only completed 47% of his passes.

Left handed has nothing to do with it, Steve Young went to the doormat of the league, Tebow stinks...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Once upon a time there was a QB who had all the leadership skills and running skills a QB would need to be a successful QB in the NFL. He was drafted in the first round of the draft and seemed to be on his way! He had only two minor problems, one he liked to run the ball more than passing it, secondly he was a Lefthanded QB! This guy eventually wound in a situation where he probably would never get any playing time! As he was a b/u to a future HOF QB who had won multiple Superbowl games and he had no intentions of relinquishing his job! Does this story sound familiar to anyone in New England? It should because they have the same situation! The name of the QB I'm talking about is Steve Young! He was traded to the San Francisco 49ers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and his problems were similar to the present day situation that Tim Tebow finds himself in,All Pro QB in front of him by the name of Montana and a waiting list in front of him until he gets his turn too shine. After two years of waiting his turn, and carrying a clipboard, he turned himself into a HOF QB himself.

C'mon Man.  I know you're a Tebow fan, but comparing him to Steve Young is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever read on this forum, and that is saying a LOT.  A word of advice: quit with the Tebow posts.  I've always enjoyed your thoughts here, but if you keep trying to cram "Tebow" down everyone's throats it will wear thin with many on this board pretty quickly.  Keep the good Patriots thoughts coming, just not those about our 3rd string QB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I have to apologize to Babe. I thought his comparison to Luck was one of the craziest comparisons I've ever heard. It just got worse. Really Tebow to Young, Really? I'm with Wozzy. Just because it's legal now does not make it bright to be that stoned

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I have to apologize to Babe. I thought his comparison to Luck was one of the craziest comparisons I've ever heard. It just got worse. Really Tebow to Young, Really? I'm with Wozzy. Just because it's legal now does not make it bright to be that stoned

Who did he compare Luck too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who did he compare Luck too?

[/QUOTE]

Tebow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In the words of the immortal Homer Simpson, "I like stories...".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If you want a comparison to a former NFL QB my choice would be ... Joe Kapp (and I'm being very charitable).  Not a lefthander like he who shall not be named.

Played in the CFL for several years first (hint, hint).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KappJo00.htm

When he finally got to the NFL he played on a Vikings team that had one of the most dominant defenses of all time. It's almost eerily similar to the other guy when he was with Denver.  In both cases the dominant defenses got the teams to the playoffs.

Kapp finished his career with the Pats, who had a horrendous team at the time.  3 TDs, 17 INTs, for a QB who had been in the SB the previous year on the losing side.

Kapp too had bad mechanics, difficulty throwing a spiral (he had a jump pass - sound familiar?), could run a little, but was a borderline NFL QB as a starter.  Possibly the worst starting QB in Pats history (with dishonorable mention to Scott Secules).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

When people talk about the most inept NFL teams of all time those early Bucs teams lead the way, Young threw 363 passes to the worst talent in the league and averaged 54%.  

Conversely Tebow had one of the best supporting casts in football (Demaryis Thomas, Eric Decker, Daniel Fells, Brandon Lloyd), had the #1 rushing attack in the NFL, only threw 271 passes in an attempt to protect him from himself and still only completed 47% of his passes.

Left handed has nothing to do with it, Steve Young went to the doormat of the league, Tebow stinks...

While I think the Tebow to Young comparison is far fetched, saying Tebow had one of the best supporting casts in football is insane. Thomas and Decker had some big play ability but were completely raw. Lloyd is a solid player but hardly worth a comaprison to the best group of receivers, and adding Fells to that list is the worst stretch you made here Wozzy. I would also add that 54 % and 47% isnt a big gap. Theyre both pretty bad, but under the right coaching Young got better. I dont think its crazy to suggest that Tebow given the opportunity would improve under brilliant minds like BB and McD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Don't bet on it ! Also I had the pleasure of watching Steve Young and he had a powerful arm but he wasn't very accurate, "

Ok, but did Steve Young have a horrible case of dyslexia, therefore an inability to memorize offensive plays or even sometimes to remember the called play from the sideline? 

http://nesn.com/2013/05/report-tim-tebow-struggled-badly-with-mental-parts-of-playing-football-has-nfl-thinking-he-cant-pick-up-game/

Most smart NFL scouts will tell you Tebow is about the 70th or so best QB in the league. He deserves a backup role somewhere probably. 

I do agree with you that Tebow will be in the NFL Hall of Fame someday - he'll buy his ticket at the door just like you and me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I don't know if Tebow will ever be a capable NFL QB but McDaniels saw enough in him to pick him 25th and Belichick brought him here so that speaks louder to me than any opinions on this board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

While I think the Tebow to Young comparison is far fetched, saying Tebow had one of the best supporting casts in football is insane. Thomas and Decker had some big play ability but were completely raw. Lloyd is a solid player but hardly worth a comaprison to the best group of receivers, and adding Fells to that list is the worst stretch you made here Wozzy. I would also add that 54 % and 47% isnt a big gap. Theyre both pretty bad, but under the right coaching Young got better. I dont think its crazy to suggest that Tebow given the opportunity would improve under brilliant minds like BB and McD.

[/QUOTE]

54% to 47% is a pretty massive gap True. 7% is almost the difference between Brady and Sanchez and more then the difference between Brady and Cassel. Additionally CB's had more play with WR's during Young's era lowering the completion % across the board making that 7% difference even more like the difference between Brady and Sanchez all together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I don't know if Tebow will ever be a capable NFL QB but McDaniels saw enough in him to pick him 25th and Belichick brought him here so that speaks louder to me than any opinions on this board.

and BB drafted Bulter in the early 2nd and Maroney in the 1st. Sometimes even the best make mistakes. Now McDaniels has no excuse but BB this is a no risk venture if he can keep the media at bay. Whatever he spent on Tebow Kraft will make back in concession sales during preseason practices and preseason games with all the loyal Tebowites out there even if Tebow gets cut. Plus with no guaranteed money BB can cut if him if he does workout. The only risk BB runs is the media circus that comes with Tebow. It's not like BB hasn't brought in players before and cut them later because they didn't pan out. Heck BB kept a player on the 53man squad all year that stunk  (Ocho) and we all said he stunk. Sometimes, rarely, BB does do something crazy and this board does get it right over him. It's just not often in the least so by far and away he's a better choice then everyone on the board combined

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Thomas with Manning: 94 catches, 1434 yards and 10 TDs.

Decker with Manning: 85 catches, 1064 yards and 13 TDs.

Brandon Lloyd the year before Tebow with Orton throwing to him: 77 catches, 1448 yards with 11 TDs.

Fells with Sam Bradford throwing to him the year before Tebow: 41 catches, 391 yards and 2 TD's.

The gulf between Tebow and a real NFL QB is about is wide as the Grand Canyon, the gulf between him and a Hall Of Famer like Young; about the distance of the Earth to the next nearest star.

I feel myself getting dumber the longer I linger on this thread...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

oh my God now I have heard it all!

Are you for real with this or just trying to be clever and get a reaction?

Steve Young at his worst was far beyond Tim Tebow as a qb/passer-never once was it said he wasn't a qb, was throwing with the wrong hand and/or didn't belong in pro football- nor did he ever look to run first and foremost-he just had great running ability and escapability when needed-and if u saw him play u could see the talent and ability that was there if he put it all together-Tebow? not even close and he sometimes looks overwhelmed

watching some Pats fans go from laughing at Tebow (mostly because he was a Jet) to falling over backwards trying to find positives and coming up with silliness like this because he is now a Patriot is amusing as hell I gotta say!

Hey I like Tebow personally-always have-and I think he can play pro football (he is a 6 4' 240 rock) and I think Jets blew it with him as they do so many things and that Bellichick may indeed use him and get some good things from him this year for the Pats-all of that

but Steve Young? come on!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Don't bet on it ! Also I had the pleasure of watching Steve Young and he had a powerful arm but he wasn't very accurate, "

Ok, but did Steve Young have a horrible case of dyslexia, therefore an inability to memorize offensive plays or even sometimes to remember the called play from the sideline? 

http://nesn.com/2013/05/report-tim-tebow-struggled-badly-with-mental-parts-of-playing-football-has-nfl-thinking-he-cant-pick-up-game/

Most smart NFL scouts will tell you Tebow is about the 70th or so best QB in the league. He deserves a backup role somewhere probably. 

I do agree with you that Tebow will be in the NFL Hall of Fame someday - he'll buy his ticket at the door just like you and me. 

+1. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Did you hear the one where the jets paid more in 2013 for a qb not on their team anymore than the Pats promised said quarterback for 2 years without any guarantees?

It ends with Tebow playing against the Jets and scoring the winning touchdown and the Jets footing the bill. HAHAHAHA cannot make this up.... It is better than a fairy tale..... even better than "The Hobit"......

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Did you hear the one where the jets paid more in 2013 for a qb not on their team anymore than the Pats promised said quarterback for 2 years without any guarantees?

It ends with Tebow playing against the Jets and scoring the winning touchdown and the Jets footing the bill. HAHAHAHA cannot make this up.... It is better than a fairy tale..... even better than "The Hobit"......

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

Not all those who wander are lost... but Tebow is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

That is a fairy tale. Tebow won't be the QB for the Pats this season or next and I don't think he'll be on the field instead of Hern, Gronk, Ballard, Ridley, or Vereen on the game winning drive

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Hey . . .  I like hyperbole as much as the next guy (maybe even more) but correlating Tim Tebow to Steve Young is like saying me and Brad Pitt are the same because we're both white guys who don't have sex with Jennifer Aniston.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!