One Year After Geno Bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: One Year After Geno Bust

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think it a smart move. Schaub will come cheap as he already scored a ton of money. The Jets need a vet presence at QB. Let Geno slow down and play certain game situations, unless he simply wins out in camp.

sign Schaub

Draft Watkins

sign Edelman

draft an OL in the 2nd round

team has $40m in cap space. Could be turning around for gang green

[/QUOTE]

RKrap is back, folks!  If you think Edelman is going to walk into the worst organization in the AFC after witnessing it from up the road the last 5 years, going from the best, you're dumber than you normally show here.

Schaub would need to be traded for since he's a chip, so he won't be signed as a FA.

You think it's a good move they drafted Geno Bust one year where Bust thought he should have gone Rd 1, only to clearly show a lack of faith in him with a coach under only a 2 year window?

How does that make sense?

I'll bet you right now Edelman does not go to the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

I see you changed my name again...huh?

I'll bet you right now that Edelman goes to the highest bidder..might not be the Jets, definitely wont be the Pats.

Schaub would not have to be traded if released. I simply do not see ANYONE trading for him under his current salay. Unless OB wats an expensive #2 QB, I think Schaub gets let go

[/QUOTE]

I am not betting on highest bidder. I am betting you with what you snuck in there saying Edelman to the Jets.

You do that just to rile people up here. You do it all the time.  I don't see Schaub being released in 2014 then.  Maybe, but I think Houston would want to secure their QB of choice in the draft, before doing that.

Regardless, the Jets have been linked to Vick and now Schaub. Absolute comedy.

Idzik drafts Milliner and Geno Bust for his first draft and you think that is good? LOL!

I told you he should have traded one of those 1st rd picks back to builld his base. He doesn't have a base. Harris and Cromartie are 2014 rentals.

You were warned. They are YEARS and YEARS away.

[/QUOTE]

Harris, drafted by the Jets is a rental?  Isn't that building a base through the the draft that you are always blathering on about?  Oh my.  What an idiot.  Oh Queenie, when will you learn?  Never, I suspect.  Geno is a bust?  Why?  How is he a bust?  What's your definition this week?  What was wrong with taking Milliner,  is is bad to take the guy that ended the season as the best CB, instead of flaming out like the patsie picks?  No mention of the fact that the Jets draft the DROY, you know the other guy you called a bust?  No mention of getting 5 starters in 7 picks.  What a tool.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]Jets’ No. 9 Pick Dee Milliner Looks Like a Bust December 1, 2013 9:14 pm EST by  Jonathan Peralta  gplus

Robert Deutsche-USA Today Sports

Just a little over half a year ago, the New York Jets finally reached a deal with their first-round (ninth overall) pick Dee Milliner. The relationship between the Jets organization and Milliner got off to a rocky start because the cornerback missed the first three days of training camp due to a contract dispute; he wanted, and believed he was entitled to more money, and the Jets finally gave in and signed Milliner to a four-year deal worth $12.66 million, fully guaranteed.

Milliner, who was rated as the best cover corner coming out of the 2013 NFL draft, was expected to fill the hole left behind by the departure of Darrelle Revis. But, he has looked very below average this season. With all the hype and good draft grades, the cornerback maybe bought into his own hype.

The former five-star recruit was supposed to be a great addition to the Jets’ secondary. He showed off his speed at the NFL Combine, breaking a 4.4 40-yard dash time; he was also athletic enough to read plays quickly and break on the ball in a hurry. In college, he showed he can play a zone scheme and man-to-man coverage, and was physical enough to help on run defense.

From scouting reports, we saw that Milliner located the ball well in the air and was a ball hawk. If beaten at the line of scrimmage, his closing speed would help him out in time make a play for the ball. The cornerback had the athleticism to contribute to the Jets’ defense immediately.

After 13 weeks in the regular season, what happened to Milliner?

Forget trying to fill Revis’ shoes. Milliner has to try and be a competent cornerback. After allowing a touchdown (shocker) in the Jets’ tough loss to the Miami Dolphins, the rookie cornerback was benched for the third time this season. He had another terrible game, getting beat several times and allowing Mike Wallace to break through his tackle and scamper down the sideline for a 28-yard touchdown.

Rookies struggle, but Milliner doesn’t look like he belongs with the starters; he doesn’t look like a No. 9 pick.

The rookie is unable to cover, unable to tackle, and it appears that he is having trouble recognizing situations in which the ball would come his way. So, to sum it up, the Jets have not been getting a return on their investment and again, they may be dealing with another draft bust.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/12/01/jets-no-9-pick-dee-milliner-looks-like-a-bust/?rE0sw2zxOvYMR44X.99

[/QUOTE]

What a great read this is.  I think it was written just before Milliner was named rookie of the month for December after coming off preseason surgery and battling some injuries early in the year.  Yep those Decemeber games really solidified his place as the best rookie corner from the draft.  He had great games against QBs that that patsie pass D struggled against, giving up 400 yards in a career day for Tannehill and giving up 3 TDs and a 400 yard passing day to Cleveland's third stringer.  Hillarious.   I guess that makes the patsie's entire secondary busts!  Bwhahahahahahahahaha! LooooooSIR.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gino is not a bust yet, but we will know early in 2014 he had as many TOs as Sanchez but on a lighter moment so did Eli lol

Milliner probably will be as some scouts said he didn't. Show great cover skills in college, I think he was a reach to q uiet the loss of revis,  

Coples has one last chance, he had flashes but may not have a Pro tempermant

What is going to hurt the jests is that they have holes all over. They only have maybe 4-5 quality platers on each side of the ball and no depth anywhere. This is to me is real cap hell. 

To get out of it they are going to have to hit on most all of their draft picks, udfas and FAs. But then they have the next problem. they have to coach them up.i think Rex is in way over his head on O and he probably won't have the horses on D to play his schemes. most notably NO cbs. 

the jury is out on the GM but he isn't a loon either. He loses nothing by having Rex back, if he didn't have a coach in mind, besides I still think it was woodsy call, and the players wanted him, so the gems job is to get talent . Rex did learn to keep his yap shut but he is still not a HC

I don't think he will be as lucky next year

[/QUOTE]

Holes all over?  Interesting.  Like where?  Do the patsies have "holes all over"?  DB? Safety? WR? LB? DL? TE?  That leaves, QB, RB... not sure about RB, Blount is gone.  Everyone else blows.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gino is not a bust yet, but we will know early in 2014 he had as many TOs as Sanchez but on a lighter moment so did Eli lol

Milliner probably will be as some scouts said he didn't. Show great cover skills in college, I think he was a reach to q uiet the loss of revis,  

What is going to hurt the jests is that they have holes all over. They only have maybe 4-5 quality platers on each side of the ball and no depth anywhere. This is to me is real cap hell. 

To get out of it they are going to have to hit on most all of their draft picks, udfas and FAs. But then they have the next problem. they have to coach them up.i think Rex is in way over his head on O and he probably won't have the horses on D to play his schemes. most notably NO cbs. 

the jury is out on the GM but he isn't a loon either. He loses nothing by having Rex back, if he didn't have a coach in mind, besides I still think it was woodsy call, and the players wanted him, so the gems job is to get talent . Rex did learn to keep his yap shut but he is still not a HC

[/QUOTE]

Holes all over?  Interesting.  Like where?  Do the patsies have "holes all over"?  DB? Safety? WR? LB? DL? TE?  That leaves, QB, RB... not sure about RB, Blount is gone.  Everyone else blows.

[/QUOTE]

Every team has holes,

the jests holes as I see them

qb is a question

only maybe  1wr and no IEs, 

oline became better but bpnipo deith

Dline 2 good players , Coples is a ?

Harris is close to being done, after that they are weak

they have one guy I got confused if he is a SS or lb but is a player

they have no cbs, 

The Pats?

how many depends on the injuries we get back, but even with all the injuries they stayed to the last 4. That  said

SS, maybe cb with Talib, DT with the injuries and at least the center, if they don't fix those I don't see a probable SB win

the Pats had the second youngest team next to the  packers. And they will be better in December than in September.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every team has holes,

qb is a question

they have no cbs, 

The Pats?

how many depends on the injuries we get back, but even with all the injuries they stayed to the last 4. That  said

SS, maybe cb with Talib, DT with the injuries and at least the center, if they don't fix those I don't see a probable SB win

the Pats had the second youngest team next to the  packers. And they will be better in December than in September.

[/QUOTE]

The second youngest team?  According to who?  Queenie?  First off, Having fat Vince go down from being old and fat, doesn't mean you don't count him.  Second, you're a liar any way you look at it. The patsies are 15th.  Moron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every team has holes,

qb is a question

they have no cbs, 

The Pats?

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is one of the best DLs in football only has two god players?  Tell me, how is it that their undrafted NT is rated as the 5th best NT in football? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still dont understand the comments that Geno, Milliner and Coples are busts? after 1-2 years? they were big contributors to an 8-8 team in their first and second years.

IMO if you want to call RAsI or Bequette a bust, I am on board...but too soon to label any of the Jets 3 IMO...

[/QUOTE]

The Coples thing is a bit strong, but he's clearly a disappointment. When you can't play 3 downs as a top 15 pick 2 years into you're career, you're clearly heading to Disappointmentville. stop 

arent most all of the complaints regarding Hightower for he same thing? in an attacking defense lie the Jets, whom do you prefer, Coles or Hightower torush the passer?

This is like pretending Kyle Wilson in Rd 1, at best a mediocre nickelback was a good pick.

WHo drafts a projected nickel in Rd 1?  Who does that?  If you do that, you best hope the player is superb at the position, and he's not.

I get that. but Wilson did play 16 games last year on a defense that was higher ranked than the Pats. Wilson was chosen #29 in the '10 draft. RasI was chosen 4 picks later in the '11 draft. Cunningham was chosen 20 picks late in the '10 draft. aren't those guys busts? how is Wilson playing 16 games a bust?  how much are the Jets paying Wilson to play nickle back? how much are the Pats paying Arrington to play nickle back

I mean, jesus. Dennard or Logan Ryan or Wilson? I mean, please.

This board would explode if a top 15 pick at DE or OLB was only being used as a situation pass rusher who couldn't tackle well or play the run.

u mean like Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Brian Orakpo? would this board explode if they were on the Pats getting 15-20 sacks per season?

Just stop with this playing dumb routine.  

Bequette is a bust, yes. He can't get on the field. Absolutely a bust.  Geno Bust was a bust the second he moped in the draft room.  As if them talking about Vick and Schaub, each with the expectation to take over the starting role, means Geno is not a bust?

I simply cannot call a rookie QB that started and won 8 games a bust based on his body language. I am also 100% sure that Idzik does not bring in Vick, and if Schaub is brought in, it is on the vet minimum, and a chance to win the starting job. it would not be handed to him. may the best man win. in this day of drafting Manual, Locker, Ponder, Weeden, Taneyhill and the like in the first round, I simply do not see Smith in rd 2 winning 8 games as a bust. sorry

What on earth did they waste the pick on him for?

And yes, Milliner is clearly a bust!  Benched 3 times! Top 10 pick!  That's Gholston level.

did Gholston win DPOM his rookie year? since you seem to have the draft buzz on your finger tips, which team did not have Mlliner rated the #1 CB in the draft, and a top 10 pick? can you honestly sit there and be sure in year 2, Milliner does not play a better CB than DMC did in his 2nd year?

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every team has holes,

qb is a question

they have no cbs, 

The Pats?

[/QUOTE]

The second youngest team?  According to who?  Queenie?  First off, Having fat Vince go down from being old and fat, doesn't mean you don't count him.  Second, you're a liar any way you look at it. The patsies are 15th.  Moron.

[/QUOTE]

I heard it on one of the networks during a game late last fall, they did have something like 22 rookies and udfas, but whatever, I knew there was a reason that I had put you on ignore, you obviously seem unbalanced and incapable of having a normal conversation, I hope your family puts you under restraints Whwn you how yo sleep for your own protection,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every team has holes,

qb is a question

they have no cbs, 

The Pats?

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is one of the best DLs in football only has two god players?  Tell me, how is it that their undrafted NT is rated as the 5th best NT in football? 

[/QUOTE]

If they have another I overlooked , ok, but it doesn't change the fact that the jests are in a hole , or do you think they are going to win the SB next  year ? 

I guess you agree with me on the rest of what i said so you do realize the jests have a long ways to go, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is like when Rusty said Tavaris Jackson was Carroll's pick to be the franchise QB over Wilson when Jackson was brought in to back up Wilson. Teams sign back ups. Especially teams with young QB's. I don't know why this is considered a negative for Smith.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a passing league so no one cares about busts like Kenrick Ellis or awful pass rushing NTs who can only do one thing like Harrison in a passing league.

There is a reason why Rex Ryan is a moron. bwahah

Keep gawking at where you think the Jets "lead the league". The comedy of it all, is the joke is in on you, Bustchise.

Tell the board why you created a new name "MileHighMike", too. Any reason?

LOL!

[/QUOTE]
    Since Ryan is the GM...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is like when Rusty said Tavaris Jackson was Carroll's pick to be the franchise QB over Wilson when Jackson was brought in to back up Wilson. Teams sign back ups. Especially teams with young QB's. I don't know why this is considered a negative for Smith.

[/QUOTE]

FALSE.

Carroll did not want Wilson.  That was per Greg Bedard.  

That was JOhn Scheider. JAckson was signed as a FA before they drafted Wilson. Only when they got Flynn did they let Jackson go.

Then, Wilson beat out FLynn in camp and then they resigned Jackson.

But, Jackson was originally a Carroll desire to START.  FACT

See what happens when you get yer homework done?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, just like BB had no idea who Tom Brady was until Bobby Grier insisted.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's a passing league so no one cares about busts like Kenrick Ellis or awful pass rushing NTs who can only do one thing like Harrison in a passing league.

There is a reason why Rex Ryan is a moron. bwahah

Keep gawking at where you think the Jets "lead the league". The comedy of it all, is the joke is in on you, Bustchise.

Tell the board why you created a new name "MileHighMike", too. Any reason?

LOL!

[/QUOTE]
    Since Ryan is the GM...

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Most of the draft picks were by Ryan. That's a fact confirmed by ESPN beatwriter Cimini. Ed Reed ended up in NY this year because RYan ran into Idzik's office begging for the move. Fact. 

Bart Scott FA move was another infaamous story. They drove to his house with a contract and arrived at 12 AM.

He's one of the dumbest people in the game.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, the HC made all the draft picks.  What an idiot.  The Jets didn't have a draft board.  They just looked at Rex when their pick game by and he told personally called Roger and told him.  Idiot.  Like EVERY OTHER TEAM in the NFL drafting is done by committee.   Learn the game, moron.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

FALSE.

Carroll did not want Wilson.  That was per Greg Bedard.  

That was JOhn Scheider. JAckson was signed as a FA before they drafted Wilson. Only when they got Flynn did they let Jackson go.

Then, Wilson beat out FLynn in camp and then they resigned Jackson.

But, Jackson was originally a Carroll desire to START.  FACT

See what happens when you get yer homework done?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, just like BB had no idea who Tom Brady was until Bobby Grier insisted.  

[/QUOTE]

BB sent Rhebein and Grier out to work out Brady and Rattay. End of discussion.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie.  Just like BB built the 2000 Ravens team.  Bwahahahahahahaha! LoooooSIR.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Geno lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

^^When Rusty posts pictures with no significant contribution to the discussion on hand, that is a sign that he has been owned.

25. This post has been removed.