ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

How that 3rd and 1 lofted pass that floated over Dobson's head and out of bounds is Dobson's fault is a mystery to me.

Yesterday, in a 13-3 game, people were saying the defense sucks when the offense did Shat. I don't know why Brady cant coach guys up, it's annoying. He can only work with slot WRs and TEs?

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

Because Dobson looked up too late.  His head was not in the play.  The ball landed not very far from his feet, all he had to do was step to the right and catch the ball.  He did not even try to jump up because he did not see the ball.  His problems a lot of time is he needs to look sooner, that should not even have to be taught.

[/QUOTE]

So, as a 13 year veteran, instead of yelling at the 20 year old who's nervous enough, talk to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let me interject something. It was a poor performance last night but weren't these receivers there from the beginning of training camp. All those catches Dobson made at Marshall don't mean a hill of beans in the NFL. I do believe when the receivers get more comfortable and Gronk and Amendola are back out things will be different. Gronk is huge for the red zone just as Amendola will be for moving the chains. The Patriots never usually play well against the Jets at home. now they have a week and a half to get it right against the Buccaneers because the first true test will be in Atlanta and cincy on consecutive weeks. Time will tell.

I think Prolate made some good points in his thread. If you look at the positives like Thompkins looking better than Sunday, it was a short week with no practice, Dobson at least getting separation in first NFL game, etc, there is some good in there.

Plop Gronk on the field in 10 days and they'll be ok. Amendola by mid October. They'll be fine.

I'd like to think Brady apologized to Dobson in particular for showing him up like that.  Poor behavior.

The deep drop by Dobson would have been a pretty catch. I am sure he is ticked off he didn't hold on.

But, jeez, it's his first game.

[/QUOTE]

It was Dobson's first game and I'm sure he'll improve with time. Brady is a competitor. Brady doesn't have WW anymore but do you remember when he had David Patton and David Divens? Brady puts the ball where it's supposed to go. Defense looked good but it was against a rookie QB. the real litmus test will be when they face Matty Ice and  then Andy Dalton. This will not be an explosive offense like in the past but these are gut check games and a win is a win. I'll take 2-0 over 0-2 anytime. Brady is a competitor, that's the bottom line. These guys make millions of dollars so I do expect perfection every so often. They get paid to play a game they love. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

Haha. Someone is a Waaahbaby ..... but it's not Tom.

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

LOL yeah and I would be happy to compare our coaching histories anytime you like.

I've actually coached in Gillette multiple times. Have you?

The best part is you act like I excused the WR's anywhere in my post. ANYWHERE?

But since you are following along making my point abount people discounting Toms own hard words about himself I am not sure how serious I should take anything you say.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. I've played in Sullivan multiple times and coached High School and PW. Are you trying to impress me? A B-team pee-wee or flag football team can get brought into Gillette ... it's called community engagement. It's not a credential?

But if you want to talk X's and O's .... here is an answer ... if a WR is 'overthrown' by 12 yards, and there is not an interception or play on the ball by a safety ... the WR cut his route short. Here is some simple football knowledge that clues the viewer in. If the WR had been there, he would have caught it, if the WR shouldn't have been there there would have been a deep safety in coverage. That's how variable patterns work. You come out after the snap, and your route changes depending on where deep coverage goes in order to exploit the holes the defense leaves up top. 

If Brady is chewing Edelman out, it's because Edelman cut a route off when he should have taken the route to daylight. As far as "three" (nice imaginary number) passes in the dirt ... the one that was in the dirt was because no one was open. You instruct Qb's to throw the ball into the dirt when no one is open. 

Those are on no one in particular, but are a result of good coverage by the defense and proper coaching by the offense. 

Lastly, I made no points (I didn't even reference it as a matter of fact) about Tom and self-critique. Your comment (and lacl of understanding about NFL route concepts) is kind of a non-sequitur and causes me to doubt why I should take anything you say seriously. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How that 3rd and 1 lofted pass that floated over Dobson's head and out of bounds is Dobson's fault is a mystery to me.

Yesterday, in a 13-3 game, people were saying the defense sucks when the offense did Shat. I don't know why Brady cant coach guys up, it's annoying. He can only work with slot WRs and TEs?

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

Because Dobson looked up too late.  His head was not in the play.  The ball landed not very far from his feet, all he had to do was step to the right and catch the ball.  He did not even try to jump up because he did not see the ball.  His problems a lot of time is he needs to look sooner, that should not even have to be taught.

[/QUOTE]

So, as a 13 year veteran, instead of yelling at the 20 year old who's nervous enough, talk to him.

[/QUOTE]

I think Brady didn't yell at Dobson on that play.  I agree that Brady should tone down his antics but do you really think what Brady did after the play really matter that much in that game with the receivers?  Kumbaya really will make those receivers play better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Who, on God's green earth, said the defense stunk? I mean the praise has almost been universal. They've managed, in two games, to outplay every single defense NE has fielded that last 5 or 6 seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

Before the Buchanon sack, the defense was getting the brunt of the blame. We can ask the biggest defense basher here in Babe, im sure he will sing praises for them.

[/QUOTE]

I haven't said the D was bad. I'm not as impressed as some that they looked competent against a couple of rookie stiffs though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. That is what makes me so upset about Dobson's play last night. A few of his miscues were things WRs are taught from High School on. Rounding a corner and clearing an underneath zone ... and he is looking off at the sideline?!?!?! Where is the focus? 

That is NOT a rookie mistake. The route has been chosen (right or wrong) at that point, and he is terminating the pattern. Sloppily and with no attention. You should expect the ball to be coming to you every single down. That is a guy with his head buried in whatever he plans on doing that weekend. I would personally pull that kid off the field and yell at him after a play like that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Brady lost his patience, realized it, admitted it, and commited to eliminating that behavior in the future.  What more can you ask for?  He made his point to the team and then joined his team mates in a commitment to collective improvement.    That IS leadership.

Brady was trying to will a team without any offensive weapons.  No TEs, a 4th string WR as the only passing threat, and a dyfunctional and crippled running game.  In bad weather.  I don't think there is a similar comparative dynamic.  

Tom will bounce back.  We just need continued rookie development and healthy players.  Hopefully by the middle of the season we'll have Gronk, Sudfeld, Danny and Vereen back on the field and stop the insanity.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady would not have been so outraged at these guys if their mistakes were not WAY over the bounds of acceptable. I suspect he was so adamant because he had already plainly told these guys something more than once and they either ignored it or were too stupid to grasp it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE] 

Outside of Edelman, where were there ANY experienced receivers on that squad last night?  Would any other QB, outside of possibly Peyton, have survived last night?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

/QUOTE]

No. When was the last time that every single starting position player at WR and TE were stripped from a team and replaced with all rookies and two backups? 

It just doesn't happen. 

There were so many opportunities to turn the ball over last night on misrun routes, it's amazing that they got through it without having any interceptions.

You're delusional. Gronk and Amendola out hurts for sure, but BB drafted two WRs by design. Another UDFA made the team.

Brady needed to be slapped because of bad habits he has developed since 2007.  A big part of Moss being dealt in 2010 was because Brady was still staring him down and  not learning to trust other WRs.

Not everyone is going to be a superstar.  Brady thinks he needs all superstars all the time.

It's unrealistic.  How many Brady dolls do you own? I mean, jesus, dude.

Last 3 AFC title games for Brady?

3 TDS, 7 INTs.

Why? His preferred offense with this preferred binkies FAILED.

Two SBs? FAIL.

SOme of you just don't get it and can't see it for what it is. It's like you have been watching a different Brady than I have the last few years.

/QUOTE]

Where is it said Brady needs "superstars" around him, Rusty?   YOU said that.  Brady, as with any other QB, needs players who "get it" and can make plays around him.  Right now, and as we saw last night, that is not happening.  You are the one making it all about Brady ALONE.  It is a TEAM game and quit blaming Brady for all the woes the Patriots TEAM has experienced these last few years to win another SB.

Give you credit for one thing:  consistency in your bashing of Brady day in and day out.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. Maybe he should braid their hair and tell them how pretty he thinks they are while he is at it -just to make sure they are 'comfortable' and have high 'self-esteem.'

What is wrong here?

These guys have been through the NCAA ... they've been humiliated, told to disappear, and be where ever the coach is at the same time. They've been yelled at. They've been physically picked on. 

That is football. Tom yelling at Dobson for not heading upfield where there is no safety help and a likely TD is exactly what should happen. Furthermore ... the coach should yell some more on the sideline. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

A real positive was that the Jets knew many times that Brady was going to Edelman and still couldn't stop him. Did the frequent Brady to Edelman remind you of Brady's same reliance on Wes Welker? Gronk & Amendola returning are going to make them a very effective receiving core.

Running game & pass rush were weak but at the end Brady played the clock exceptionally well.

Weather was not conducive to effective passing but Jets receivers too dropped quite a few fortuantely for us.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Brady would not have been so outraged at these guys if their mistakes were not WAY over the bounds of acceptable. I suspect he was so adamant because he had already plainly told these guys something more than once and they either ignored it or were too stupid to grasp it.

He yelled twice. Once at Dobson, once at Edelman. 

Both deserved it. Edelman has been in the system for years. This is when the team needs him. He shouldn't be making mental mistakes. Physical mistakes we can accept ... no one is a perfect athlete. Mental mistakes no. 

Dobson was yelled at ... but he played, at times, like someone whose head simply wsan't in the game. Several of his miscues were not rookie miscues, but were simply slovenly play on things that are fundamentals taught since high school. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

"I NEED TO IMPROVE MY BODY LANGUAGE"  

If TB can admit it, then it's a real problem. Now that it's out there, let's see if he can follow up on his OWN admission.TB is still a top flight QB but right now he's a car with no engine and yet we are still 2 and 0. Things WILL improve ! The run game was completely non exsistant last night which probably added to EVERYONES frustration. Never again do I want to see rookie receivers sulking on the sideline ALONE !!!  Coaching isn't just for practices !!! Men throwing hissy fits isn't sexy!!! 

Time to remove the Uggs and put the work boots back on TB

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I go by what I see. I am a very observant person and see things before they happen a lot of the time, so don't get all piszy at me. I have been seeing this stuff bubble up under the surface for years.   What I don't want is the future HOF QB showing bad judgement all the time.

Why would you if you are a fan of this team?

Even last week!  Why is he forcing a ball to a rookie TE into a tight window on the road with a 17-7 lead?

Bad choice even if Sudfeld should have gotten it.  It's a low % opportunity and not worth the risk.  Even if he does catch it, he'll get drilled by the CB from the other side. If I see that, Brady needs to see it.

Rusty, could it be Brady looks at the other players on the team as "professional football players" and as such can make the plays asked of them?  How many times have we seen Brady throw into a "tight window" and the catch is made?  So, because the player is a rookie, such a play is not possible for that player?  Come on, Rusty.  There are 10 other players on the offense on whom Brady relies to do their job.  You are the one so focused on the ONE player and not the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am as big a Tom Brady fan as the next guy.  He is arguably the best ever at his position.  However, he is not exempt from criticism where appropriate.  His frustration and disappointment at missed opportunities are understandable.  Taking the young wide receivers to task for what they did wrong is what he is supposed to do.  That said there were occasions last night where, in my judgment, he lost control and went too far.  Being in a position of leadership carries with it certain responsibilities and Tom fell short when he lost it.