ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:

[QUOTE]

So, basically, people are pi**ed b/c he chewed out two rookies?  Really?  Anyone play this game at any level?

Funny that the poster post when both TB and BB got at Ridley during game one.  Ridley can fumble twice, and people are okay with his being yelled at and benched, but when Dobson dropped a perfectly thrown ball that should've begun a rout at home, someone starts a thread about TB?

??? Wait and watch.  Wait and watch.

Yep, focusing on Brady is the wrong thing, he should be way down the list of things to worry about.  Brady is not the problem and there should not even be a debate that he is pretty good.  Calling him out like this seems way too reactionary to me.

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the most accomplished of all the players there, but if this team is going anywhere, he is an integral part of how to fix the O.

Chewing out the rookie WRs is reactionary. 

[/QUOTE]

It does not look good on TV but non-issue to me in terms of football, happens all the time in every sport.  You can't convince me that changed the game in any significant way.  Again people are making too much about this.

[/QUOTE]

Being reactionary and chewing out a new team member who ahs not figured it out does happen. But it normally is the coach who does that. At any level, I have never seen players chewing out other players lead to anything good in the long run. Unless the purpose is to put so much self-doubt on the new player's mind so that he leaves the team, it isn't productive. Hypothetically, the kids could leave the team, and there we realize there is no alternative. 

I am more okay with TB chewing them out in practice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

All this drama queen nonsense is nauseating. If Brady wants to chew out rookies for being dum basses, it's NO BIG DEAL. Get a f'n grip on yourselves.

Time for some here to seek therapy. LMAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

there were occasions last night where, in my judgment, he lost control and went too far.

How do you know that he hasn't told these guys something several times and they keep doing the same things? Sometimes screaming is the only thing that reaches a real dunderhead.

[/QUOTE]

So what if he has?  Losing control accomplishes exactly what?  Makes the point to the receivers that they screwed up?  He made that point when he chewed 'em out.  

I have no problem with him chewing 'em out and raising his voice to do so.  What I saw went beyond that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

there were occasions last night where, in my judgment, he lost control and went too far.

How do you know that he hasn't told these guys something several times and they keep doing the same things? Sometimes screaming is the only thing that reaches a real dunderhead.

[/QUOTE]

So what if he has?  Losing control accomplishes exactly what?  Makes the point to the receivers that they screwed up?  He made that point when he chewed 'em out.  

I have no problem with him chewing 'em out and raising his voice to do so.  What I saw went beyond that.

[/QUOTE]

Did he bludgeon them with his helmet or something. I missed that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Being reactionary and chewing out a new team member who ahs not figured it out does happen. But it normally is the coach who does that. At any level, I have never seen players chewing out other players lead to anything good in the long run. Unless the purpose is to put so much self-doubt on the new player's mind so that he leaves the team, it isn't productive. Hypothetically, the kids could leave the team, and there we realize there is no alternative. 

I am more okay with TB chewing them out in practice.

Why does it matter who does it?  It is ok and it works if it was from the coach but not another player?  Bird chewed out his teammate calling them "Sissy" and that was a pretty famous turnaround.  Players play, and in the heat of the moment things get heated.  Brady chewed up many people in the past, Welker, Gronk and countless others, and they turned out fine.  Much ado about nothing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What is the difference, I don't see your point?  Chewing out rookies is a no-no, but veterans are ok?  Chewing out in regular season game is not ok, but the finals is a good thing?  YEARS of what?  Brady has not done anything in YEARS?  He has not been a good leader in YEARS?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

TB is the greatest player to ever lace them up for this orginization (personal bias John Hannah) but he needs to regain his perspective and compusure. These kids will progress you can see they have the ability and skills especially Dobson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One of the good things about watching the game from the visitors' side of the field is I saw none of this made-for-TV soap opera.  No idea whether Brady lost it or not, but it seemed to me Brady was mostly throwing well and his receivers . . . well, they looked like the kindergarten crew. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

TB is the greatest player to ever lace them up for this orginization (personal bias John Hannah) but he needs to regain his perspective and compusure. These kids will progress you can see they have the ability and skills especially Dobson.

What he needs are receivers that can play.  Perspective and composure are not the problems at this moment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

One of the good things about watching the game from the visitors' side of the field is I saw none of this made-for-TV soap opera.  No idea whether Brady lost it or not, but it seemed to me Brady was mostly throwing well and his receivers looked like the kindergarten crew. 

I sit on the visitors side also. The only reason i knew about it was when I walked through the door at 3am my wife said to me whats up with "tantruming Tommy".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

What he needs are receivers that can play.  Perspective and composure are not the problems at this moment.

[/QUOTE]

His receivers will be fine they need time. Yes, last night at times during the game he lacked both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His receivers will be fine they need time. Yes, last night at timesduring the game he lacked both.

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.  His receivers were not fine last night, thus why the offense sucks.  Brady was less of a problem, whatever you claim he lacked is not the main issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

His receivers will be fine they need time. Yes, last night at timesduring the game he lacked both.

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.  His receivers were not fine last night, thus why the offense sucks.  Brady was less of a problem, whatever you claim he lacked is not the main issue.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they were fine last night isaid "they wiil be fine they need time". They are young receivers playing in a complicated system. If the Pat's are anywhere near .500 after the first 8 games this team will be dangerous down the stretch.

Yes and AT TIMES he was totally out of character.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

These kids will progress

Maybe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

You keep pointing the problem to Brady, makes no sense to me.  What does out of character mean?  I see nothing of the kind.  The receivers need to play well, that is the problem, not that Brady has to be in character and not having fits on the sideline when the receivers do not play well is the problem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Looks like Tom dodged a bullet here. For a second there I thought you weren't going to forgive him. LMAO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

You keep pointing the problem to Brady, makes no sense to me.  What does out of character mean?  I see nothing of the kind.  The receivers need to play well, that is the problem, not that Brady has to be in character and not having fits on the sideline when the receivers do not play well is the problem.

One last time... He is the greatest player to ever play in this orginization (see previuos post in this thread). The young receivers in my opinion will progress. AT TIMES last night Brady was uncharacteristcally lost some perspective and compusure AT TIMES.

can't be anymore clearer... I never once said Brady was the problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Looks like Tom dodged a bullet here. For a second there I thought you weren't going to forgive him. LMAO

Hahah one sure way to get a thread going is to mention Brady and like Bees to Honey two sure lightening rods sure to attend and contribute will be Babe and Rusty.

Appreciate you being as predicatable as ever. Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

One last time... He is the greatest player to ever play in this orginization (see previuos post in this thread). The young receivers in my opinion will progress. AT TIMES last night Brady was uncharacteristcally lost some perspective and compusure AT TIMES.

[/QUOTE]

One last time, I disagree with you.  You making something out of nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

Haha. Someone is a Waaahbaby ..... but it's not Tom.

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

LOL yeah and I would be happy to compare our coaching histories anytime you like.

I've actually coached in Gillette multiple times. Have you?

The best part is you act like I excused the WR's anywhere in my post. ANYWHERE?

But since you are following along making my point abount people discounting Toms own hard words about himself I am not sure how serious I should take anything you say.

[/QUOTE]

Haha. I've played in Sullivan multiple times and coached High School and PW. Are you trying to impress me? A B-team pee-wee or flag football team can get brought into Gillette ... it's called community engagement. It's not a credential?

But if you want to talk X's and O's .... here is an answer ... if a WR is 'overthrown' by 12 yards, and there is not an interception or play on the ball by a safety ... the WR cut his route short. Here is some simple football knowledge that clues the viewer in. If the WR had been there, he would have caught it, if the WR shouldn't have been there there would have been a deep safety in coverage. That's how variable patterns work. You come out after the snap, and your route changes depending on where deep coverage goes in order to exploit the holes the defense leaves up top. 

If Brady is chewing Edelman out, it's because Edelman cut a route off when he should have taken the route to daylight. As far as "three" (nice imaginary number) passes in the dirt ... the one that was in the dirt was because no one was open. You instruct Qb's to throw the ball into the dirt when no one is open. 

Those are on no one in particular, but are a result of good coverage by the defense and proper coaching by the offense. 

Lastly, I made no points (I didn't even reference it as a matter of fact) about Tom and self-critique. Your comment (and lacl of understanding about NFL route concepts) is kind of a non-sequitur and causes me to doubt why I should take anything you say seriously. 

[/QUOTE]

I have no need to impress you or anyone else. In fact you started the whole thing about ever being on a football field in the first place.  ...but simply for clarification, since you are questioning... It was 7 times coaching in HS Div1a superbowl appearances, 3 as OC, 4 as HC, some at Gillete. You also mentioned you played so I guess I have to mentioned I played QB in HS and college as well. Not that it matters. My pw coaching days never had any community outreach appearances to big stadiums for any of my championship appearances. Then again I am in my 60's and retired after a fight with Cancer. Many things were very different in youth sports back then.

Your points are elementary and fundamental. That is not a knock. Just a statement. I understand them very well and still say Brady shares in certain play failures. The generalizations you use, while valid, do not fit ever situation you explain or rather I questioned. ...and certainly not every situation in an entire game. Neither last weeks or this week.

You certainly seemed to be in some sort of personal attack mode from the start.

Maybe you were upset I laughed about you complaining about the Ridley pick when i asked your opinion back when he was drafted since you were a big LSU guy. Although I don't remember ever bringing up the fact that you were way off base? I mean who the hell is always right on college player evaluations?

You certainly do not need to specifically reference a point to fall into the category of one I made. You can do that just by your response alone.

I also don't know if you are misunderstanding about the balls in the dirt but I was referencing last week with that, not last nights game. I don't have imaginary numbers. I also am well aware of the idea of one of many "potential" reasons for a ball in the dirt. Although TB typically puts the ball low and away so that his Receiver is the ONLY one that has a chance at it without actually throwing in in the dirt. I'm glad you think you know the exact reason it was in the dirt though.

Also to be clear, I have no problem with any player and or coach getting into the face of a player. In fact I was that way myself. I do however think Brady is in a situation, at the moment, where he needs to choose wisely, not when, but maybe for how long. Especially off the field well after the play or series is finished. Forget anything to do with it being about someone else and get back to looking at the captures and make the adjustments. You are the best player, do your thing, make it quick, stamp your feet, slam your helmet, throw a water bottle, and get back to work. It is counter productive for himself most of all, if it lingers.

Bottom line is most are reacting like this was a post speficically about Brady being bad or at fault or some issue I have with him. I don't. In fact the title of the post states he has a pass in my eyes. The post is about the avg fan who actually believes TB is never at fault, for anything. ...and many of the reactions and responses have affirmed that. Well, that and I think a lot of people respond without actually reading what is written.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One last time, I disagree with you.  You making something out of nothing.

[/QUOTE]

We each have a right to our opinion that's why this board exists.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hahah one sure way to get a thread going is to mention Brady and like Bees to Honey two sure lightening rods sure to attend and contribute will be Babe and Rusty.

Appreciate you being as predicatable as ever. Wink

[/QUOTE]

I am addicted to being right. LMAO