Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's

and jamming the Pats receivers at the line of scrimage. Didn't the Jets employ this tactic in the humiliating playoff loss last year? Why did it work so succesfully again against the Pats offense on sunday? Surely BB and O'brien have come up with something to combat that? Run the ball more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Re: Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's

Seems like the Steelers where just daring the refs to call PI on every play as they could have done..I saw the same thing in a Jets win recently. It is as if there is one set of PI rules for some games and another set of rules for teams the League office wants to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bilbosr. Show Bilbosr's posts

This is the formula for beating the pats offense. BB knows it. O'Brien knows it. Brady knows it. They need a formula to counter this. The Ravens, Jets and now Steelers have done it successfully. They need a way to make a team pay when they do this. They have not found that formula. That being said the problem is the D. The offense had ball for 20 minutes and scored 17 points, missed a field goal for another 3 and had a TD take longer to get because of a bad call on the goal line. The D needs to stop 30-40% of the third downs to support the offense. I would take 25% as an improvement. I am not a coach so I don't claim to know how to fix it, but even teams that have lost all their games have better stats. There has to be a better way. I just wish people posting would put this in perspective. It is a lost. It is what it is. Pats played terrible in all three phases of the game and still lost by 8. This is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. I do think BB needs a defensive coordinator and to improve his drafting but on some post they are saying Kraft needs to step in. I think Kraft as a good owner should sit down with BB and tell BB this is what it is and he needs to fix it. If not then there are consequences. This is what BB does with his players so Kraft should do the same thing. The Pats looked bad on Sunday and that is not acceptable, but let's see what happens the next two weeks against the NEw Yorkers. I think the Pats bounce back and kick both their butts and show a formula to beat this new strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's:
    [QUOTE]  Seems like the Steelers where just daring the refs to call PI on every play as they could have done..I saw the same thing in a Jets win recently. It is as if there is one set of PI rules for some games and another set of rules for teams the League office wants to win.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

Mungo.... Agreed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]  Seems like the Steelers where just daring the refs to call PI on every play as they could have done..I saw the same thing in a Jets win recently. It is as if there is one set of PI rules for some games and another set of rules for teams the League office wants to win.
    They physically got manhandled. Stop your whining.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]This is the formula for beating the pats offense. BB knows it. O'Brien knows it. Brady knows it. They need a formula to counter this. The Ravens, Jets and now Steelers have done it successfully. They need a way to make a team pay when they do this. They have not found that formula. That being said the problem is the D. The offense had ball for 20 minutes and scored 17 points, missed a field goal for another 3 and had a TD take longer to get because of a bad call on the goal line. The D needs to stop 30-40% of the third downs to support the offense. I would take 25% as an improvement. I am not a coach so I don't claim to know how to fix it, but even teams that have lost all their games have better stats. There has to be a better way. I just wish people posting would put this in perspective. It is a lost. It is what it is. Pats played terrible in all three phases of the game and still lost by 8. This is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. I do think BB needs a defensive coordinator and to improve his drafting but on some post they are saying Kraft needs to step in. I think Kraft as a good owner should sit down with BB and tell BB this is what it is and he needs to fix it. If not then there are consequences. This is what BB does with his players so Kraft should do the same thing. The Pats looked bad on Sunday and that is not acceptable, but let's see what happens the next two weeks against the NEw Yorkers. I think the Pats bounce back and kick both their butts and show a formula to beat this new strategy.
    Posted by Bilbosr[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Thanks for posting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

You Counter this defense by running the football. BB/Brady/personnel is not the problem people. What is wrong with some of you? We are failing to make simple adjustments to the rush 3/4 drop 7/8 defense. We just keep passing right into it and struggle.

Run the football 40-45% of the time and watch our offensive struggles against this type of defense disappear.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's : How can you say this isn't a Brady problem? Does he not have full reign to change plays at the line?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Because last I checked Brady is a player on this team not the coach. No matter how great players are they still have to be coached.  Our game plan yesterday was to spread Steelers out which usually works against there heavy zone blitz scheme, but they didn't use that scheme.

They used the same defense the Cowboys/Jets/Browns last year used. Rush 3-4 and drop 7-8 with the cb's at the line to disrupt the timing pattern. They are cheating to the pass and we continue to throw heavy. Why? 

Brady might have authority to change a play at the line of scrimmage but he doesn't send ou the personnel groupings on the field. I love Faulk but him being our primary rb at 35 frsh off the acl tear tells the other team that we will use the same offense. Pass Pass Pass maybe a draw out of the gun to Faulk for 5 and then pass again.

Obrien AND BB AND Brady need to use this offense to its potential. Power run game and play action with SOME shotgun and spread mixed in. Not the other way around.

Fundamental flaw in our offensive game plan week in and week out if you ask me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The only thing Kraft is going to say to BB is Thank You.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bilbosr. Show Bilbosr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opposition defenses flooding the field with DB's : How can you say this isn't a Brady problem? Does he not have full reign to change plays at the line?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Brady has a role in this too. He helps set game plan by meeting with BB every Monday. But it is only a smaller role. It is up to BB and O'Brien to coach not Brady. The coaches need to dictate this. I think in this game, featuring Faulk was a mistake. He seems slow and can not break it anymore. Need to go to Ridley as he can catch, run or block and be a threat in each area. All this is to get some better results from offense, but the main problem is defense or lack there of. They need to be able to stop someone on third downs. On kick returns, Woodhead looked slow and Wesley looks like he can't or won't risk it to make people miss. We need a threat there and since ochcinco is not producing we should have kept Tate. But this is just hindsight and we know what that means..... 0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]You Counter this defense by running the football. BB/Brady/personnel is not the problem people. What is wrong with some of you? We are failing to make simple adjustments to the rush 3/4 drop 7/8 defense. We just keep passing right into it and struggle. Run the football 40-45% of the time and watch our offensive struggles against this type of defense disappear.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

How can you say this isn't a Brady problem? Does he not have full reign to change plays at the line?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The way to beat is too soften them up with a power run game, TE pop passes, screens and bunching up recievers on one side.

Brady ought to be able to come to the line and audible a play that will counter the scheme.

And if i were Brady I'd start freelancing and toss what ever BS O'Brien is sending out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

They did figure out a way to combat this defense, his name was supposed to be chad johnson, but we got ocho cinco instead.. He has been a disappointment. You need a WR who can play the outside or you have to be able to run but i guess with benny's injury and lack of trust in ridley and game flow, it didnt become a part of the game plan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The way to beat is too soften them up with a power run game, TE pop passes, screens and bunching up recievers on one side. Brady ought to be able to come to the line and audible a play that will counter the scheme. And if i were Brady I'd start freelancing and toss what ever BS O'Brien is sending out.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I agree Kansas, but Obrien isn't sending a power back out to the huddle nearly enough.  With a power back in the game we can also set up play action and actually sell it. Not too mention actually running the ball for good yardage. Faulk and Woody are in there for draws. That is not a power run game. We have one we just don't use it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]You Counter this defense by running the football. BB/Brady/personnel is not the problem people. What is wrong with some of you? We are failing to make simple adjustments to the rush 3/4 drop 7/8 defense. We just keep passing right into it and struggle. Run the football 40-45% of the time and watch our offensive struggles against this type of defense disappear.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

You can't run the football when you have Kevin Faulk on the field for 39 of 58 snaps and he moves slow as molasses. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]This is the formula for beating the pats offense. BB knows it. O'Brien knows it. Brady knows it. They need a formula to counter this. The Ravens, Jets and now Steelers have done it successfully. They need a way to make a team pay when they do this. They have not found that formula. That being said the problem is the D. The offense had ball for 20 minutes and scored 17 points, missed a field goal for another 3 and had a TD take longer to get because of a bad call on the goal line. The D needs to stop 30-40% of the third downs to support the offense. I would take 25% as an improvement. I am not a coach so I don't claim to know how to fix it, but even teams that have lost all their games have better stats. There has to be a better way. I just wish people posting would put this in perspective. It is a lost. It is what it is. Pats played terrible in all three phases of the game and still lost by 8. This is no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water. I do think BB needs a defensive coordinator and to improve his drafting but on some post they are saying Kraft needs to step in. I think Kraft as a good owner should sit down with BB and tell BB this is what it is and he needs to fix it. If not then there are consequences. This is what BB does with his players so Kraft should do the same thing. The Pats looked bad on Sunday and that is not acceptable, but let's see what happens the next two weeks against the NEw Yorkers. I think the Pats bounce back and kick both their butts and show a formula to beat this new strategy.
    Posted by Bilbosr[/QUOTE]

Brady missed Price deep down the center of the field.. had his man beat.. a deep threat...  That's how you keepem honest.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I think the formula was utilizing Ben Jarvis.  But if I were to wager, I 'd say he got nicked somewhere along the line here and it's impacting him right now.  Fall behind in a game and it's even worse.  Hernandez isn't 100% either.  They'll figure it out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

sounds like a previously pats employed tactic used against the colts. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Run the ball...

Run the ball...

Run the ball...

How revolutionary would that be!?