Re: Optimistic Projection
posted at 5/27/2010 9:44 AM EDT
The Pats have a tough schedule. I think 12-4, 11-5 is about right. It should secure them a playoff spot, although perhaps via a wild card.
I'm optimistic that Brady will get the offense straightened out and productive. I don't think Welker has 80 catches, but this also depends on when he comes back. They'll want to work him in sparingly. Plus, with the TE potential and now some legit 3rd/4th WR's, we should be relying less on Wes, which is a good thing. Preserve this guy.
My optimism switches to the defense. Here is what I am optimistic about on defense;
1. Crable stays healthy and shows he can rush the passer
2. Brace steps up and progresses from year 1 to year 2. Sees more playing time.
3. McCourty reinforces why he was our #1 pick.
4. Spikes is the monster we thought he would be and he and Mayo in the middle are the best 1/2 ILB combo in the league
5. McKenzie stays healthy and is the tackling machine from his USF days
6. Chung grows in year 2 and shows why he is our Rodney heir apparent.
7. Cunningham shows potential. Develops into a good 4-3 DE and we see him used at OLB. Becomes our starter at OLB next year.
8. Wheatley, Wilhite become solid, but not spectacular. Provide us good depth in sub packages