OROY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

OROY

Vollmer has been pretty damn impressive the last couple of weeks- he kept joey porter and dwight freeney off the stat sheet (in the tampa game it was clear that those two holds were a result of a dinged up leg). If he keeps it up he's got my vote for offensive rookie of the year! Who do you think are the major contestants for this awawrd so far?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: OROY

He did play well vs Freeney and Freeney admitted it.  That said, the refs let him hold Freeney.  You could see it in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: OROY:
    [QUOTE]He did play well vs Freeney and Freeney admitted it.  That said, the refs let him hold Freeney.  You could see it in the game.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

This goes far in demonstrating that a Colts fan could win the lottery and complain about having to pay taxes.

Seriously, you are just harping on this because of the early Christmas gift, right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]He did play well vs Freeney and Freeney admitted it.  That said, the refs let him hold Freeney.  You could see it in the game.

Talk about fan bias!

I bet you didn't watch THE COLTS' offensive line play.  Holding calls (or lack thereof) were pretty consistent across the board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Just a continued reminder amongst the fog that, in fact, the pats do benefit from calls.  And Root the fog seems to be most dense in your neighborhood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Just a continued reminder amongst the fog that, in fact, the pats do benefit from calls.  And Root the fog seems to be most dense in your neighborhood.

Don't even try to act like the Darius Butler pass interference call was in any way correct.

And the Patriots don't "Benefit" unless it's a call or an exception that's only made for them (like pass interference and illegal contact).  I'm amuse that you honestly believe that, for EIGHT straight quarters against the Patriots, their defense hasn't even touched a Patriots receiver downfield.

When it came down to a "50/50" call, it went in the Colts' favor (4th and 2 was marked by a ref that couldn't have seen when Faulk secured the ball, while the umpire helped cover Welker; Butler's call went to the Colts, while no PI call was made on the corner covering Moss in the endzone for making the same amount of contact as Butler which is a double standard).

I'd LOVE to see the Patriots benefit from a call against the Colts.  Never going to happen.  The Patriots have to play perfect football because they won't get bailed out on drives with 31 yard pass interference calls.  At this point, it's just a fact of life that they're going to have to live with

Even the NFL's own website is tacit admission of the wrongfulness of the Butler call:

Note 1: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference. 

Note 2: Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to OROY:
    [QUOTE]Vollmer has been pretty damn impressive the last couple of weeks- he kept joey porter and dwight freeney off the stat sheet (in the tampa game it was clear that those two holds were a result of a dinged up leg). If he keeps it up he's got my vote for offensive rookie of the year! Who do you think are the major contestants for this awawrd so far?
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Back on point: everybody is hyping up Percy Harvin.

I'd rather see Vollmer win, but I wonder if the Patriots will even let him keep the starting job...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OROY : Don't even try to act like the Darius Butler pass interference call was in any way correct. And the Patriots don't "Benefit" unless it's a call or an exception that's only made for them (like pass interference and illegal contact).  I'm amuse that you honestly believe that, for EIGHT straight quarters against the Patriots, their defense hasn't even touched a Patriots receiver downfield. When it came down to a "50/50" call, it went in the Colts' favor (4th and 2 was marked by a ref that couldn't have seen when Faulk secured the ball, while the umpire helped cover Welker; Butler's call went to the Colts, while no PI call was made on the corner covering Moss in the endzone for making the same amount of contact as Butler which is a double standard). I'd LOVE to see the Patriots benefit from a call against the Colts.  Never going to happen.  The Patriots have to play perfect football because they won't get bailed out on drives with 31 yard pass interference calls.  At this point, it's just a fact of life that they're going to have to live with Even the NFL's own website is tacit admission of the wrongfulness of the Butler call: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference Note 1:  If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.  Note 2:  Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players. 
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    Nick - there was holding on the pats on the Welker 60-70 yard punt return.  If the penalty had been called, it would have been 10 yards from the spot of the foul (i think) which would have brought the play back 40 yards from where it ended.  BIG BENEFIT FOR THE PATS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

DEHUNGERIZE!!!!!!   it's the only German I know   snicker, snicker

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OROY : Nick - there was holding on the pats on the Welker 60-70 yard punt return.  If the penalty had been called, it would have been 10 yards from the spot of the foul (i think) which would have brought the play back 40 yards from where it ended.  BIG BENEFIT FOR THE PATS.

Are you playing dumb?

I thought we already discussed the fact that holding wasn't called on EITHER TEAM...

meanwhile, pass interference was only called against the Patriots...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Volmer had help on 36 of 44 pass plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Forget it, the award has never gone to a lineman.  Every single award has gone to a QB, wide reciever, or running back, with the overwhelming majority going to RB's.   Vollmer is as good as any other rookie, but blocks don't make highlight reels. I would say Harvin, or Beanie Wells.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Volmer had help on 36 of 44 pass plays.
    Just curious, where did you get this statistic?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Came from NFL Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMT_B5555lw

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Here is another stat.

Freeney zero sacks and 1 QB hurry for the first time in 9 games.

The reason? SEABASS!

He has shut down Freeney, Porter, and the guy he faced before that.

I find it ironic underdogged would open his mouth to accuse the same refs who handed his team the game on a silver platter. Hold calls go on every game but only every great once in a while does a team lose a game due to a blatantly obvious terrible spot that most respected NFL analysts agree was B.S.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Underdoggg has definitely changed. The extra G did something to his brain.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Michael Oher is higher ranked than Vollmer right now, though he's had the benefit of starting all season and a feature length film:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4663122

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdoggg has definitely changed. The extra G did something to his brain.
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]
    I'll get better. the hair on the back of my neck is still raised over this issue of the spot of the ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hey Dogg, 

You can't honestly say that the Patriots got favorable calls in that game. The Butler call was so very WRONG. Even Saytan's lackeys at ESPN couldn't call it a PI, Wingo said he disagreed and Dilfer said he hates to see calls like that. Hoge said "if you get em, take em". 

You take away that easy 31 yards from the Colts, and Saytan has to drive the Colts down field and take some time of the clock. By the time (or if) the Colts score, we would probably be on the other side of the 2 mintue warning. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

So, you're saying that the refs favored the pats in the indy game, Mr. uber-homer?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OROY : Nick - there was holding on the pats on the Welker 60-70 yard punt return.  If the penalty had been called, it would have been 10 yards from the spot of the foul (i think) which would have brought the play back 40 yards from where it ended.  BIG BENEFIT FOR THE PATS.

Funny how you saw a phantom holding that no-one else saw but you didn't see Faulk's foot come down past the 30 yard line that everyone else did see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

ALF - NOT NECESSARILY, BUT THERE IS EVIDENCE OF FAVORABLE CALLS FOR THE PATS. 

QUICK QUESTION - IF I SEE YOU AS UNWILLING AND UNABLE TO FAULT THE PATS FOR ANYTHING, SHOULD I CALL YOU OBJECTIVE OR UBER-HOMER?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OROY : Funny how you saw a phantom holding that no-one else saw but you didn't see Faulk's foot come down past the 30 yard line that everyone else did see.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

UM - I CALLED THAT PHANTOM AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED IN THE GAME THREAD.  CONVENIENTLY THE MODS CHOSE TO DELETE ME.

THAT FOOT WAS THE SECOND TO COME DOWN.  THE FIRST WAS INSIDE THE 30 AND BY THE TIME SECOND CAME DOWN, THE REST OF FAULKS BODY INCLUDING THE BALL LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE AT ABOUT THE 29. 

I'LL TAKE THE REFS DECISION.  HE WAS RIGHT THERE AND NO ONE QUESTIONED HIM - AS ENOCHROOT SAYS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Underdogg is acting like a POS so just ignore him.

Back to teh subject at hand, Percy Harvin is 100% the rookie of the year thus far. I like Vollmer but he didnt start from game one and Harvin did and harvin has made some really great plays and been one of farve best targets all year long. He is clearly the rookie of teh year so far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]Came from NFL Network http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMT_B5555lw

Doggg,  I saw this too.  If Freeney was being double teamed most plays I'm surprised that the Colts didn't find a successful LB (or other player) to take advantage of that double team.  If these two teams meet again in the playoffs, it will be interesting to see the gamesmanship at work.  Both teams are too good to make the same mistakes.