Osi to Falcons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Osi to Falcons

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154695/article/osi-umenyiora-atlanta-falcons-agree-to-contract

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Re: Osi to Falcons

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the two-year contract theFalcons gave Umenyiora is worth $8.5 million with a max value of $12.2 million. The contract also includes $5 million in the first year, according to Rapoport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Falcons just got ripped off BIG TIME!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to BrianKangu's comment:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported the two-year contract theFalcons gave Umenyiora is worth $8.5 million with a max value of $12.2 million. The contract also includes $5 million in the first year, according to Rapoport.

Wow. I am quite surprised with the numbers and with the numbers Freeney is supposedly seeking. If Abraham is looking for the same kind of money, the Pats will not be signing him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsBermuda's comment:

i guess, but i still like the move if im a falcons fan....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Isnt it pretty clear that the Falcons valued Osi over Abes? They know Abes and could have had him at less cost than Osi, but chose Osi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Isnt it pretty clear that the Falcons valued Osi over Abes? They know Abes and could have had him at less cost than Osi, but chose Osi 

Not sure how the numbers compare but I viewed Abraham's release as a salary cap move as much as anything else.  On the other hand, Osi's 31 and Abraham's 34.  Probably felt that for a little more $$ they got a younger and arguably more effective player.  So, yeah, I would say they valued Osi over Abe.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Abes play on the field did not match the grief needed to deal with him off the field.

Harvin at this stage of his career is worth the aggravation. Ditto Talib. Seems Lloyd and maybe Abes arent...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Well, it's an age thing. Pretty healthy contract for Umenyiora, but I don't think this means Freeney gets anything close.

If he does, then the team that does it is dumb.

Abraham is the oldest and hopefully comes the cheapest. Some mediahead the other day said he expects each to come off the market by age, so Freeney is next.

Abe signed cheap last year and was still released. I dont see how he is asking for more than 2.5 million, but those 6 FFs must be the selling point. At the end of the day though, they better grab SOMEONE or we are once again handicapping our defense and asking 2nd tier Dbs to cover for days...  recipe for disaster!  Pay one of Da mans and be done with it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Well, it's an age thing. Pretty healthy contract for Umenyiora, but I don't think this means Freeney gets anything close.

If he does, then the team that does it is dumb.

Abraham is the oldest and hopefully comes the cheapest. Some mediahead the other day said he expects each to come off the market by age, so Freeney is next.

Abe signed cheap last year and was still released. I dont see how he is asking for more than 2.5 million, but those 6 FFs must be the selling point. At the end of the day though, they better grab SOMEONE or we are once again handicapping our defense and asking 2nd tier Dbs to cover for days...  recipe for disaster!  Pay one of Da mans and be done with it!

i agree, they need to get SOMEONE to help out big vince. a good pass rush helps out the whole defense and helps disguise a weak secondary, although i believe the pats secondary will be good if they stay healthy, but thats obviously a big "if".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I'm not so sure we are signing Abe..........