osi umenyiora price droped?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: osi umenyiora price droped?

Agree with all. Giving up the 2nd round pick is a not that big a deal given we are loaded for next year. It's the money required to sign him. If I had money to spend on a player, with the knowledge of what it would take to wrap him up long term/hit on cap, considering injury history, age and need, I'd rather dedicate that money to Roth. He fills 2 needs for us...3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE and would perform quite well in either role, and we don't have to take him off the field as we would Osi. Cheaper signing, more versatility, greater payback (possibly) on investment.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ok I just watched a bunch of Osi stuff, my impressions are this...go get him, pay him.

This guy is going against the left tackle evry single week (didn't realize this) and he gets doubled. He uses his hands like a mad man, he's got the motor, he's quick, he holds his ground, he looks athletic, he's got some moves/tricks...he's everything we don't have. He looks as if he could play some 34 if needed. He looks as if he can move like he does for another three years.

You put this guy on a line with Haynesworth, Wilfork, Wright and we are unrecognizable. You give them a second round pick, you tap Brady, Wilfork, Bodden, and anyone else making money on the shoulder and you ask them to restructure. You cut a guy, you sign Mankins and bring his number down. It's easier than you'd think, other teams do this every day. With all the fiscal responsibility we've shown the past 5 years we should be able to make a splurge. The splurge should not be considered Haynesworth or Chad, we let Warren and Banta Cain go, Moss...Crumpler.

Baltimore can not get this guy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

C'mon Patriots! FIND A WAY - these are the kind of players that could get us over the hump come playoff time!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Cmon king, that's what makes this fun!  Not knowing what the Pats are doing or not doing....Would be nice though at the end of the day, OSI is a Pat.  I know $$ will be tough, but it's not our problem. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Appearently, according to Clayton the Pats have internally discussed Osi but have never called about him to either the Giants or Osi's agent.

Of course the Pats would have discussions, every good team should have discussions about the guy. But, if they haven't called the Giants or the agent well that's a completely different story

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Umenyiora Haynesworth Wilfork Cunningham

That right there would solve ALL our pass rushing woes of the past few years..

Osi can't be stopped if singled up and Vince+Albert are going to command 3 if not 4 blockers. Then you have cunnignham on the other side who would get a one on one every play.

I don't know how anyone can look at this and say that we would have pass rushing issues again.

Problem is the money but we have seen teams restructure contracts not to mention we could hopefully resign mankins to a long term deal which would reduce the 10 million cap hit he has this year to the 5-8 million dollar range.

I don't think its impossible, but its all up to BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Reiss is saying that the price of a first rounder has not dropped. If this trade goes through, I would be a giddy schoolgirl, but I just dont see it happening. Too rich and a definate sacrifice of future year resources.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4699079/sharing-some-umenyiora-thoughts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: osi umenyiora price droped?:
    [QUOTE]Reiss is saying that the price of a first rounder has not dropped. If this trade goes through, I would be a giddy schoolgirl, but I just dont see it happening. Too rich and a definate sacrifice of future year resources. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4699079/sharing-some-umenyiora-thoughts
    Posted by Peduncle72[/QUOTE]

Baltimore Sun is reporting that the Giants would take a 2nd if offered one. There's NO WAY they're getting a 1st for Osi. No way, especially considering you'd give up a 1st and have to give him a mega deal. Any team wanting Osi has leverage here: time is ticking and we're getting closer to kickoff, Osi has already come out and blasted the Giants front office. The Giants desperation is obvious so whichever team wants him, can still wait it out a little and get a better deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If he were 28, I'd fork over a 1st. I worry that he'll be good this year (which is nice), and make a decline after and then we're stuck with a big contract. Watching this guy though...it's very tempting, he doesn't look like he's turning thirty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Patriots could afford him if they could convince some players to restructure their contracts...I know Brady did it, I think it was to get Randy Moss.

12. This post has been removed.