OT: BC's Andre Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: OT: BC's Andre Williams

Yep! He is an absolute tank...he just runs over guys and is difficult to bring down. There was one play where #24 on NC State was lined up perfectly for the tackle, but Williams just ran over him. He basically carries the entire offense on his back. NC State could not stop him even when they knew that BC would give it to him 30+ times. 

I'm disappointed that I could not make the game today, but excited to see the win!

I haven't followed his potential in the pros, but does anyone know what is expected of him in terms of draft status? I would imagine that one thing that may hurt his draft status is that he is NOT a receiving back at all...in fact he has no catches this year, and only 10 receptions over his career at BC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Had posted this on the draft thread this morning:

We all know that RB isn't a must have in this draft, but if BB is looking to add a big back in the middle rounds, the kid at the top of my list is BC RB Andre Williams (6-0 227).  Kid is true meaning of "workhorse", leading the nation in rushing yards (1,471) on the 2nd most carries (246), while averaging almost 6 YPC (5.98) and 12 TD's... and he's done it against some quality comp too 28-149 vs. Florida State and 33-166-2 vs. VT.

From a skill set perspective, he's a 230 pound hammer (elite bulk/frame) with good power, vision and balance that will grind you out and protect the football (1 fumble in 246 carries this season)... and while he's not a burner, he does have at least (3) runs of 50+ this season.  On the downside, he's unproven as a pass catcher and will need more work/experience in pass pro, so it'll be interested to see how he performs in those area's in post season events.

I see a very underrated kid with starter potential at the NFL level, with the size/power  that BB covets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Had posted this on the draft thread this morning:

We all know that RB isn't a must have in this draft, but if BB is looking to add a big back in the middle rounds, the kid at the top of my list is BC RB Andre Williams (6-0 227).  Kid is true meaning of "workhorse", leading the nation in rushing yards (1,471) on the 2nd most carries (246), while averaging almost 6 YPC (5.98) and 12 TD's... and he's done it against some quality comp too 28-149 vs. Florida State and 33-166-2 vs. VT.

From a skill set perspective, he's a 230 pound hammer (elite bulk/frame) with good power, vision and balance that will grind you out and protect the football (1 fumble in 246 carries this season)... and while he's not a burner, he does have at least (3) runs of 50+ this season.  On the downside, he's unproven as a pass catcher and will need more work/experience in pass pro, so it'll be interested to see how he performs in those area's in post season events.

I see an very underrated kid with starter potential at the NFL level, with the size/power  that BB covets.

[/QUOTE]

3 fumbles today. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Huge BC fan. 

Williams is a stud, but the O-Line is also very very good.  BC has turned out many great NFL offensive lineman.

It's great to see BC rebound from the horrendous season they had last year.

I still think Kevin Pierre-Louis will be BC's best NFL prospect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huge BC fan. 

Williams is a stud, but the O-Line is also very very good.  BC has turned out many great NFL offensive lineman.

It's great to see BC rebound from the horrendous season they had last year.

I still think Kevin Pierre-Louis will be BC's best NFL prospect.

[/QUOTE]

He very well could be...they were NUTS after the game...it's good to see the crowd get crazy again after a few years off...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think Pierre Louis  might be a little small, but he's got a nose for the ball and a GREAT motor. But he's only got 10 lbs on Gostkowski at the same height. He gives up about 30 lbs to most OLBs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I'd rather have Carlos Hyde.  Proven pass catcher, workhorse, big and shifty, hard to take down. Rarely loses yards.  projected 3-4 round. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Pierre Louis  might be a little small, but he's got a nose for the ball and a GREAT motor. But he's only got 10 lbs on Gostkowski at the same height. He gives up about 30 lbs to most OLBs.

[/QUOTE]

Strong safety in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Strong safety in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to claim that KPL will be as good, but his size is very similar to Lavonte David who the Bucs play at OLB.  Pete Carroll also tends to go more for "undersized" LBs.

The first year KPL could play ST and dime packages giving him another year to add some weight/muscle.