OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/322857

Pretty cool video on Joe Frazier

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

If you like boxing I recommend Facing Ali, When We Were Kings, or the ESPN 30 for 30 film on Holmes vs. Ali. I don't think Frazier was ever really given his due after losses to Ali and Foreman. He was a great heavyweight when the division had numerous tough, tough fighters (Shavers, Norton, Quarry, Chuvalo, Lyle etc...) For me , the late 60s to late 70s was a golden age for the Heavyweight Division.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is good.  Watched that a couple years ago.  I always felt bad for Frazier, Ali always clowned him.  I didn't think Frazier ever got the respect he deserved.  Always over shadowed by Ali and then losing like he did to Foreman took away from his legacy, imo.  Frazier's body punching was unreal.  Just one tough dude.  Thanks for posting the link, might watch that again sometime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you like boxing I recommend Facing Ali, When We Were Kings, or the ESPN 30 for 30 film on Holmes vs. Ali. I don't think Frazier was ever really given his due after losses to Ali and Foreman. He was a great heavyweight when the division had numerous tough, tough fighters (Shavers, Norton, Quarry, Chuvalo, Lyle etc...) For me , the late 60s to late 70s was a golden age for the Heavyweight Division.

[/QUOTE]

Good call, JohnHannahrulz.  When We Were Kings was very good.  I think I still have the VHS tape somewhere, lol!  As a matter of fact, I just rewatched the 30 for 30 Ali/Holmes again the other night.  Prett sad.  Ali was gone at that point and to think he fought Trevor Berbick a year after the Holmes fight is even more sad.

I was too young to watch Ali's fights while he was fighting but being a huge boxing fan I have probably watched half his fights on video or tv replays over the years.  ESPN used to show replays of the classic fights when I was a kid and I watched a lot on there.  Boxing sure isn't what it used to be.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is good.  Watched that a couple years ago.  I always felt bad for Frazier, Ali always clowned him.  I didn't think Frazier ever got the respect he deserved.  Always over shadowed by Ali and then losing like he did to Foreman took away from his legacy, imo.  Frazier's body punching was unreal.  Just one tough dude.  Thanks for posting the link, might watch that again sometime.

[/QUOTE]

"clowned"?

Wasn't Frazier 1-2 vs Ali all time? I believe he won the first fight. 

Only teenie boppers use the word "clowned". If you are near my age, we never used that growing up as a word.  See, this is why people think you are a teenager.  Also, you're talking to Bustchise, a Jets tool troll.

Congrats!

[/QUOTE]

yes, clowned! 

Yep!  Ali won 2 out of the 3 fights, winning the last 2.  A lopsided decision in the 2nd fight and won by tko in rnd 14 in their 3rd fight, Ali was well ahead on the scorecards.  Not only did Ali win the last 2 fights, he totally disrespected "CLOWNED" Frazier in all the prefight build up outside the ring.  So bad that Frazier was bitter for years and years about all the disrespect and name calling.  That is considered clowning someone.  Maybe you need to get caught up with the times.

What does it matter if the person providing a good discussion is a jets fan or not?  This has nothing to do with Patriots, Jets, or football.  You are seriously a disturbed, miserable individual.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smokin' Joe! Great fighter with lotta heart...just a little small for a heavyweight and had no chance against a monster like Foreman...very much the Evander Holyfield of his day, an undersized man with a big heart who took on all comers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good call, JohnHannahrulz.  When We Were Kings was very good.  I think I still have the VHS tape somewhere, lol!  As a matter of fact, I just rewatched the 30 for 30 Ali/Holmes again the other night.  Prett sad.  Ali was gone at that point and to think he fought Trevor Berbick a year after the Holmes fight is even more sad.

I was too young to watch Ali's fights while he was fighting but being a huge boxing fan I have probably watched half his fights on video or tv replays over the years.  ESPN used to show replays of the classic fights when I was a kid and I watched a lot on there.  Boxing sure isn't what it used to be.

[/QUOTE]

the Heavyweight Division is not...many of the other divisions are as good or better the past 10-15 years with some all-timers and some great rivalries...the three Gatti-Ward fights is one of the great series ever-unbelievably tough

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. Thanks for sharing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

What does it matter if the person providing a good discussion is a jets fan or not?  This has nothing to do with Patriots, Jets, or football.  You are seriously a disturbed, miserable individual.   

[/QUOTE]

Thanks TFB.  Funny thing is that I've been a Patriot fan for a really long time; despite the highly unsubtantiated rumor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Agreed. Smoking Joe was a great fighter. But, Big George was just too big and too powerful for him to handle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks TFB.  Funny thing is that I've been a Patriot fan for a really long time; despite the highly unsubtantiated rumor.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I hear ya!  Just Rusty being Rusty.  The poor miserable person that he is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Smoking Joe was a great fighter. But, Big George was just too big and too powerful for him to handle.

[/QUOTE]

Still remember the Foreman KO of Michael Moorer back in 94 to win the title back.  Seems like just yesterday that fight happened.  One punch KO, right down the pipe.  What an amazing ko, losing badly on all cards to pull off the upset.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smokin' Joe! Great fighter with lotta heart...just a little small for a heavyweight and had no chance against a monster like Foreman...very much the Evander Holyfield of his day, an undersized man with a big heart who took on all comers

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would have been a good fight.  Heck, Frazier vs Michael Dokes would have been an amazing fight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I hear ya!  Just Rusty being Rusty.  The poor miserable person that he is.

[/QUOTE]

Stop being a DUMBA_ _...you know it's BUST-CHISE...lmao..anything to go after Rusty...

You've admitted to me before you know all of his names are the same Jets Troll...

Hate on Rusty all you want...just don't lie for a Jets Troll...that's lower than Bonking Cats...and we all know who does THAT! (rhymes with LUST-CHISE!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Smokin' Joe..great fighter...wonderful champ, had heart, great power aqnd stamina, could bob and weave for 15 rounds, washard to hit...he just didn't match up well with "The Mummy" Foreman, as Ali called him...

Foreman...just an OK champ...a much better sales huckster....

Ali...greatest of all time...he gave his brains to do it as well...sad!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stop being a DUMBA_ _...you know it's BUST-CHISE...lmao..anything to go after Rusty...

You've admitted to me before you know all of his names are the same Jets Troll...

Hate on Rusty all you want...just don't lie for a Jets Troll...that's lower than Bonking Cats...and we all know who does THAT! (rhymes with LUST-CHISE!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Get a life! You are worst than any troll.  Your suppose to be some 50 year old quoting a g@y laugh made famous by final fantasy and anime villains. Grow up! Back on ignore you go!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would have been a good fight.  Heck, Frazier vs Michael Dokes would have been an amazing fight.

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would've been a classic...probably the two greatest "small" heavyweights ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about, Mel?  I never admitted to you anything concerning members names.  The only thing I admitted to concerning names was the Denver fan Papajohn had a few different names that he admitted to me and it was Rusty that I mentioned those names to, not you.  So now I have to wonder about you.  Are you Rusty?  BTW, the reason I mentioned those names to Rusty is because it seems he was confused and was accusing someone else as being Papajohn.  I don't care who posts here or who is who, if I agree with their post then we have a friendly conversation.  If I don't then the conversation is a bit different.  That's it.  I think some people need to focus less time accusing people of what screen names they think they have on here and more time focusing on good forum content.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would've been a classic...probably the two greatest "small" heavyweights ever

[/QUOTE]

Frazier vs Marciano would have been one of those classic dream fights that could have gone either way.   Two smaller guys inside pressure fighters.  Man, that would have been a brawl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  I've got him on ignore again....lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

What are you talking about, Mel?  I never admitted to you anything concerning members names.  The only thing I admitted to concerning names was the Denver fan Papajohn had a few different names that he admitted to me and it was Rusty that I mentioned those names to, not you.  So now I have to wonder about you.  Are you Rusty?  BTW, the reason I mentioned those names to Rusty is because it seems he was confused and was accusing someone else as being Papajohn.  I don't care who posts here or who is who, if I agree with their post then we have a friendly conversation.  If I don't then the conversation is a bit different.  That's it.  I think some people need to focus less time accusing people of what screen names they think they have on here and more time focusing on good forum content.   

[/QUOTE]

lol....too funny

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Frazier didnt get inside he was vulnerable. Let him get in close and he could kill you.  His son Marvin's had a short lived career when he impersonated a piñata against Holmes. Holmes whipped up on him so bad he kept waving the ref over to stop the fight so he wouldn't kill him.